• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Generations

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 800px-PG01.png

Pokemon Generations is an animated miniseries that showcases some moments from the first six generations of the core series Pok?mon games. It consists of 18 episodes, each approximately 3-5 minutes in length.

What did you think of this? What were some of your favourite episodes of the series? Did you think these moments captured the moment of the game in a better light? What are your thoughts of this series in general?​

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I watched the first five or six episodes. Up until the one with Eusine. Didn't and don't really care for the rest.

My favourite was, by far, the one where Green takes on the Elite Four:

Very well animated, at least when compared to the rest. Faithful to the games. No shoved in stuff from the newest games/series, like they did with Origins. And (can't appreciate this enough) Pok?mon with animal cries.

I also liked the one where the police breaks into Viridian Gym. Loved seeing the use of certain Pok?mon for appropriate tasks, like the Magnemite opening the magnetic lock.

There was a missed opportunity to dedicate an episode to showcase the iconic moment of Gold facing Red at the top of Mount Silver. Or at least show the journey to his decision to face him. Oh well...

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I watched the whole series. I thought it was okay. It was an interesting more game timeline focused Pokemon anime. I would have rather seen the episodes as full length, though, and not as shorts, not going to lie. I didn't really have a favorite episode, though. They were pretty much all the same to me. I do hope they eventually do more w/the concept but 22 minutes; not 5.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I watched it ALL and I think it was BRILLIANT!
    Amazing concept. I wish there were more episodes!!

Years
  • Adored all of them. Like others said it would be awesome if we had a separate series for Generations episodes, in full episode length. I'd especially love to see their version of the N/Plasma + Kanto Team Rocket incidents, since those were dark and my favorite moments from the games.

Pikachu's squeaky mouse voice was also perfect. d'aw

Back