• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Based on Spooky Lore [Part 2]

Spookiest Pokemon Lore?

• ABSOL

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • SABLEYE

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • GOLURK

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • JYNX

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • BANETTE

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • SNEASEL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BRONZONG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
tumblr_inline_oa2c7dNiMU1t847lr_400.gif

ABSOL

According to Chinese legend, the Yellow Emperor Huang Di was on patrol near the East Sea when he encountered Bai Ze, a magnificent beast with a flowing white mane, large horns, and several eyes. The monster taught the Emperor about the secrets of the supernatural world and how to defeat thousands of types of supernatural beings. The myth of this mysterious white creature spread to Japan as well in the form of the kutabe, which appeared before a village to successfully warn them of a coming plague.

1381065634836.gif

SABLEYE

One of the most bizarre supernatural encounters ever reported was 1955's "Hopkinsville Goblin case" in which a rural farmhouse was supposedly invaded by a pack of 3-foot-tall aliens. Naturally, since the alleged monsters chose to appear in Kentucky, they were PROMPTLY and REPEATEDLY shot on sight. According to "eyewitness" accounts, the playful yet menacing creatures had small atrophied legs and bright glowing eyes, bullets seemed to bounce off their bodies, and they moved with an erratic swaying motion

tumblr_otz9bfccQ21uh3x51o1_400.gif

GOLURK

During the 16th century, the Jewish population of Prague was terrorized by anti-Semitic attacks and government sanctioned pogroms. Harnessing forgotten sacred techniques, a Rabbi invoked the name of God to imbue life into a clay figure, who would defend the people and serve the community. While the franchise has previously featured golem-like creatures like the Regi trio, Golurk's distinctive band across the chest is a visual trademark of representations of the Golem of Prague, who can be found in souvenirs and monuments throughout the city.

5f39dfcab0ad38a98ffd662472288450958dc224_00.gif

i couldn't find another amie gif i tRIED I'M SORRY

JYNX

In Japan, Jynx is understood to be a cheap shot at ganguro, a fashion trend that involves gaudy clothes, unusual amounts of makeup, and bleach blond hair. The most extreme practitioners of the look were labeled yamanba, a reference to the legend of Yama-uba. According to the stories, Yama-uba lives alone in the icy mountains and lures wayward travelers into her cabin to devour them.

tumblr_n9wvu0Mjtj1ttdkobo2_400.gif

BANETTE

Banette, being loosely based on a marionette, is a tsukumogami. Tsukumogami account for some of the odder examples in the already very odd world of Japanese monsters. Put simply, tsukumogami are inanimate objects that have come to life. Usually, this is because the object is one hundred years old: upon reaching this age, an object is able to become a tsukumogami. However, objects may also take on a life of their own as a result of being thrown away. The idea that inanimate objects can have souls is called animism, and it is one of the central beliefs of Shintoism.

tumblr_oxn7xd2CFV1uh3x51o1_400.gif

SNEASEL

Sneasel is loosely based on Kamaitachi because Kamaitachi are Weasels who are as fast as the wind and work in 3's usually (Though Sneasel seems more like a lone wolf) . One will knock a person down, another will cut them and then the third will heal the wounds made by his brothers leaving the person confused as to what just happened. This relates to Sneasel in a few ways, the name (Weasel, Sneasel), the hands (they Kamaitachi used Sickles) and the speed.

tumblr_ncbffeaoKf1ttdkobo2_400.gif

BRONZONG

Bronzor and Bronzong are based on an old story when a Temple was making a Bell in a time when mirrors were made of metal, so they asked women to donate their mirrors. Mirrors were thought to be the souls of women however, and so when one woman donated her mirror she donated knowing it wouldn't melt because it was her grandmother's mirror. Why this made it so it wouldn't melt, i don't know... But she sent it and then felt guilty. So she killed herself and the mirror was melted and the bell was made.​

view part 1 here

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
This is a hard one between Sableye and Banette for me. Although Jynx lore got me as well

Years
I feel like I need to vote for Jynx just based on the creepy GIF, but Banette has one of the creepier backstories to it, so that's who I went with in the poll.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@Brendino I tried to find a different gif for Jynx but it was literally impossible :<

I voted for Banette, though Golurk is a very close second! The idea of puppet being possessed is just really spooky to me.

Back