• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What innovations for software are used in business now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I'm going to start my own business during this year so would be grateful for sharing with your experience.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • That?s great to hear. The world can always use more heroes in this regard ? I hope you?re ready to go all in and make it a full-time job, ?cause you?ll need to if you want to go far. :)

When you start a business, your general objective is to answer the very question you?ve asked in the title. To break into any market, you need to solve a problem for people that has either remained unsolved thus far, or has been neglected by those already established in the market for whatever reason. Your solution is what gives your business value, and provided you monetise that solution, you should be golden.

Beyond that, you must take great care to provide something absolutely crucial to the breakthrough of your business, in its formative years. Unfortunately, that means providing more than the notion of ?leadership? or the ideas ? leadership is something that nobody is ?cut out for? because of how brutally hard and thankless it is, and you will be better off learning your way around it as you grow in any case. Also, if you don?t provide much of value besides ideas, other people can and will take them and implement them instead. So as long as you do something well, be it programming, marketing, design, or whatever, and that applies well to your product, then you will start out fine.

There is obviously an ocean?s worth of information out there about entrepreneurship with that besides. By and large, the best entrepreneurs learn on their own, and so there are little if any meaningful resources out there that could answer specific questions and make it ?easy?. After all, if somebody had such a bright idea and knew how to make it happen, they would do so instead of writing about it! Staying in touch with your creative side while fostering your personal ambitions are the two core components of a solid entrepreneur.

If you have more specific questions, it?d be good to hear them. I have been at this for about a year and a half, since autumn of 2016, building software while freelancing from my apartment, and I still have a lot to learn. But I am always progressing, I can definitely feel how much closer I am to breakthrough than I was back then, and you can do just the same with whatever gives you that drive.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Depends on what your business needs.. is it digital? Maybe then cloud hosting? web dev management?
    If it's a restaurant or physical business then maybe a POS system to track assets?

If you have a lot of people that need to keep up discussions or need to scope then there is Hansoft, Trello, Slack, and more.

Honestly this question is way too broad to give viable advice :P!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back