• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could give the GS Ball a new purpose

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    As most of us know, during the post-Johto era, the GS ball was just a device for obtaining Celebi. This plot arc was later dropped in favor of Celebi being the main star in the fourth film. Now the GS Ball is at Kurt's place, while movie Celebi nearly died and flew off with the other Celebi. Even though it's been years, the GS Ball has had far too much build up to be ignored or forgotten (it was deemed as Ash's luckiest item (and a lot of that could've 180'd his many losses) and the reason he set foot in the Orange Islands in the first place).

Realistically, the ball didn't have much purpose in the first place (like Spiky-Eared Pichu). But since it's only purpose was shafted in favor of movie promotion, what purpose or feature could we give it for it to be relevant again?

-Let it catch any Pokemon? No. We have the Master Ball for that, and the writers aren't about to give that to Ash.
    -Have it increase Pokemon happiness? We have the Luxury Ball, and the anime has the trainers do all the work.

I don't know how well Heal Balls or Luxury Balls work, but any purpose is better than event activation/nothing. It is a Poke Ball.

Years
  • It could play a role in a side story involving Ilex Forest's shrine or something. It's already been confirmed that Celebi is in the ball (or was supposed to be).

But realistically speaking, GS Ball is not going to see the light of the day, as it was canned for good with Celebi starring the 4th movie.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Realistically, the only way that I could see the GS Ball making its return would be through an association with Pokémon Bank. Since an event Celebi is being given away with Pokémon Bank, it wouldn't be surprising to see Celebi appear in an anime version of Pokémon bank. There could be a device (unheard of by Ash), similar to Max's PokéNav, that can access an online PC that is obtained by Ash. When he uses it for the first time, he sees the GS Ball deposited in it and withdraws it. After a few answered questions and a chat with Prof. Oak, Ash manages to release Celebi from the ball and voila! Mystery solved.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    So for the GS Ball to mean anything, Ash would have to obtain Celebi. But Celebi isn't some Pokemon that's trapped inside of a Poke Ball for hundreds of years (If there's more than one). That thing lives among nature.

So what connection with GS Ball Celebi have with M04 Celebi?

Maybe they should just retcon the ball's purpose entirely, and include an exclusive legendary Pokemon (if a Pokemon has to be inside it at all) that isn't know to anyone, making its world debut. Or a gateway to a brand new world with Pokemon from another universe. Many things could be tied to it:

-A celestial version of a non-legendary Pokemon.
    -Blockhead Clefairy
    -The Pokegods
    -The beta Pokemon (Kurusu, Honoguma, Bukku, etc.)
    -Something similar to the Crystal Onix.
    -The rarest Mega Stone of all time.

Years
  • I just finished the Johto series and I was expecting to see what that GS ball was. So it contains a Celebi hm interesting.

I would like to see this

Realistically, the only way that I could see the GS Ball making its return would be through an association with Pokémon Bank. Since an event Celebi is being given away with Pokémon Bank, it wouldn't be surprising to see Celebi appear in an anime version of Pokémon bank. There could be a device (unheard of by Ash), similar to Max's PokéNav, that can access an online PC that is obtained by Ash. When he uses it for the first time, he sees the GS Ball deposited in it and withdraws it. After a few answered questions and a chat with Prof. Oak, Ash manages to release Celebi from the ball and voila! Mystery solved.

happening!

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • Does anyone remember Lyra and Khoury from the Sinnoh Saga? I think they should have a spin off series back in Johto, with all of the HeartGold/SoulSilver features, and give them the GS Ball with the Celebi.

Back