• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Letters to Kanto!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dear sabrina,

Do you ever dreamed being in elite four? Do you have an relationship with your pokémon?

Dear Gabriel...

VSSabrina.png

Not really. I foresaw many trainers who surpassed my power, so they should receive the spotlight. I'm perfectly fine with running the Saffron Gym. As for myself and my pokemon... we share a loving bond. Just as any experienced trainer does.

~ Sabrina

Dear Sabrina,

What has the experience of having psychic powers been like for you? For instance do others in the community respect you for how special you are or do they shun you as strange? How is your life different from other girls your age? Was there a time when you had difficulty mastering your ability? What do you like most about your gifts and what do you disike most?

Dear VisionofMilotic...

VSSabrina.png

...To be honest, while it was a shock at first, everything just flowed naturally to me. The universe, life energy, telekinetic powers... it was if I was born to do it. Because of my power, II was known throughout the land, event as far as the Sevii Islands, rumors say.

I have not met anyone who has disliked me for my powers, however... the Karate Man who's Gym is next door to mine frequently challenge me and my Gym. Needless to say... he always been defeated. Utterly. I don't know if he resented me for my gifts... or is fascinated by my power to surpass me... It's a mystery.

The things that I adore the most about my gift is my ability to communicate with my pokemon telepathically... I don't have to speak a single word to them, as we can understand our thoughts. Actually, there is a girl named Anabel and a woman named Olympia who rumors say, have the same power as mine... I wonder if they feels the same?

The things that I particularly dislike is, strangely enough, how everything is... predictable. I can see the future, and every time... my prediction is correct. How I long for a trainer who can prove my predictions.. wrong.

~ Sabrina.

Dear Blue, what happened to your Raticate?

strangerhypno,

VSBlue.png

Meh, I put em' in the box, alongside the rest of my pokemon. After reaching Lavender, it just didn't do it for me anymore, y'know? From that point on, completing the pokedex wasn't enough - I had to catch stronger and smarter pokemon!

Smell ya later,
Blue

Dear Indigo League Pokemon Center Nurse,

Yo do you ever get concerned when a trainer keeps losing and keep insisting you heal their battered Pokemon instead of leaving and training before coming back?

p.s, I appreciate your service. <3

Dear Ethmya,

250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Center_Nurse_PO.png

Hehehe... funny you should say!

My college who works in Goldenrod City in Johto has those feelings ALL the time... I wonder why?

~ Your local friends in the Pokemon Center

Dear Blaine.
As a fire type trainer myself.
Why is it you choose to ignore Charizard as part of your team?
Clearly Charizard is one of the best fire types in Kanto.
Are you just incapable of training a Charizard?

Sincerely.
Brewmaster.

To Bremaster,

VSBlaine.png

Hah! Of course I do! Though he prefers to fly than engage in red-hot battles. You should learn that many pokemon prefer different stuff, kid! If you wanna see the best fire-type pokemon in Kanto, come visit the Cinnabar Gym!

Just make sure you bring your Burn Heal!

~ Blaine

Dear Agatha,

For some time, there has only been one evolutionary line of Ghost-type Pokémon known to be native to the Kanto region, and just one more in the neighboring Johto region. Many more Ghost-type Pokémon have been documented since then, however! While I would imagine Gastly and its evolutions will always have a special place in your heart, have any of these more recently-discovered Ghost-type Pokémon caught your eye?

Dear Topaz Light,

Spr_Y_Agatha.png

Actually, they already did. I have a charming Misdreavus is my party as well, but he's a tad too powerful for first-time challengers to the Pokemon League. Pokemon like Banette and Dusclops from the Hoenn region each have their own special charm as well. I should seek to acquire one of each, hehehe...

~ Agatha

Dear Mr. Fuji,

How has your life been since Team Rocket was defeated?

Dear TheGhostHunter,

Spr_FRLG_Mr_Fuji.png

Ah, I suppose the same as it always was. Though recently, I'm thinking about retiring. The Lavender Pokemon Tower is going to be replaced with another link of the Radio Tower from Goldenrod, so I'll have to work on moving the gravesites to another proper location before I do.

~ Sincerely yours,
Mr. Fuji

Dear Mr. Fuji,

I would like to first begin with how good it is to write to you again, and with hopes that all is well in Lavender Town after Marowak's spirit came to peace. I have always been wanting to ask you many things about your career, including some of the things you keep hidden. So I will use this letter to do so. The questions I ask are in the interests of developing and expanding Lavender Town, as well as spread your message of kindness to Pokémon.​

Firstly, would you be interested in perhaps creating a reserve for the remaining Cubone and Marowak population in the Rock Tunnel, and creating some alternate way for travelers to read Lavender Town? I feel it would help bolster the fledgling numbers of the species in Kanto, which is a good thing considering all the chaos Team Rocket wrought.​

Secondly, would you like the idea of a Gym built in your town, perhaps with you or someone you trust as the Gym Leader? I feel the example of good sportsmanship and love for Pokémon would help keep the Tower's spirits at rest, while diversifying the town's attractions.​

Lastly, if you could meet the Pokémon Mewtwo, what would you tell it? Seeing as all lines point to you as one of those who brought Mewtwo to this world. Would you seek out Mewtwo to say what you want to say to it? And that completes my questions. I hope that you will respond soon with some definitive answers. Thank you for your time.​

Sincerely,
Superfly

Dear Superfly,

Spr_FRLG_Mr_Fuji.png

Well, it's nice to meet your admirer! I'll answer your questions in order.

First, yes, and in actuality, I do plan so because the Lavender Pokemon Tower is going to be replaced with a Radio Tower soon, so I'd like to keep all the Cubone save. Second, aha, I'm afraid I'm no trainer, so I can't exactly become a Gym Leader. I actually dislike pokemon fights... pokemon becoming hurt is no boon to see.

Thirdly, I would say to my greatest success... and failure: I hope that you will learn to trust in humans someday. But alas, even I am able to see... that there is far to much hate in this world of ours. But I truly believe that someday, humans and Pokemon alike will get rid of all that hatred and live in proper harmony. All I ask you, Mewtwo, is to watch us, and trust us.

~ Sincerely yours,
Mr. Fuji

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Dear Sabrina.

With someone of your abilities, why did you allow Team Rocket to occupy Saffron City?
Your pokemon could've easily defeated Team Rocket.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dear Sabrina.

With someone of your abilities, why did you allow Team Rocket to occupy Saffron City?
Your pokemon could've easily defeated Team Rocket.

Dear Brewmaster,

S2_Gym_Leader_Sabrina_alt2.png

"Yes, but as you can probably recall, the boss of Team Rocket was also the strongest Gym Leader in Kanto. His power exceeded my own. Plus, there were the people of Saffron to consider, so I was forced to chose a defensive option to protect them. It was a difficult decision... but one I had to do."

S2_Leader_Sabrina.png

"But next time will be different... my powers have gotten stronger, and I will protect Saffron from here on."

~ Sabrina

Dear Blue,

Who hurt you?

I have waited two decades to know the answer.

Dear Alyssandra,

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"Oh, well, you know... the god of pokemon realized how amazing I am so he put a curse on me to be less awesome, and now I'm hurt all over because I can't exert my awesomeness to my potential."

S2_Gym_Leader_Blue_alt2.png

"...In all seriousness, I have no idea what you mean. Unless you count my pride, I guess that was a thing when Red took the title of Champion away from me, but meh, I'm over it now."

~ Blue

Dear Giovanni,

How's life in Alola?

TheGhostHunter,

VSGiovanni.png

"Alola? Why would I be in Alola? Although I did hear about some of my colleges claiming that they saw someone who looked an awful like me, running something called Rainbow Rocket? Hmmm..."

~ Giovanni

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
S2_Leader_Erika.png

"Alright, everyone! It's almost time for the party to begin! Do you all have your costumes?"

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"Of course! What do you think?"

S2_Gym_Leader_Erika_alt.png

"D'aw, Misty, you look adorable! It's a costume of Vaporeon the mermaid, correct?"

S2_Gym_Leader_Misty_alt.png

"It is! Tomboyish-Mermaid, the Mighty Misty, reporting for duty! Hey! I like your costume too! It's Bellossom, right?"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"That's right! I've sewed together the dress, and decorated the skirt with pink floral pedals. It took a long while, but it was well worth it, I would say."

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"I agree! Now, to wait for the others..."

S2_Gym_Leader_Brock_alt.png

"Whew! I hope I'm not too late, ladies!"

"Ah! Just in time, Brock!"

"I should of known you'd choose to be a Golem! Looking great! You look like you can sumo wrestle against Chuck!"

S2_Gym_Leader_Brock_alt2.png

"Y-You really think so? Figured as much as my Pokemon's defense is rock hard, so should I!"

S2_Leader_Lieutenant_Surge.png

"Heh! That costume a'int bad for a hard head, but mine is definitely shocking, eh, guys?"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"Well met, Lt. Surge! Dressed as an Electabuzz, I see?"

S2_Gym_Leader_Lt_Surge_alt.png

"Of course! This way, I can blow my competition out of the water with the Thunderpunch!"

"No problem! Electric-type moves can't affect me at all! This battle will be my victory with my all powerful Rock Slide attack!"

"Not unless I dazzle you both with my elegant Pedal Dance attack! I shall not lose this match!"

S2_Gym_Leader_Misty_alt2.png

"Wow, you guys sure are into character..."

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"Anyway, all that's left is..."

S2_Gym_Leader_Sabrina_alt.png

"Good day..."

"Sabrina! Hey! Cute costume! Ah, what was that Pokemon called again?"

"It's called a Girafarig... a Pokemon that has the power to call upon attacks from the future. And it's kinda cute too...

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"I do not argue with you there. I'd love to see more of them myself, actually. Maybe I'll pay Johto a visit tomorrow."

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"Meh, caught one of them before. Nothing too special."

"Blue? You're not in a costume?"

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"'Course not, why would I? I'm waaaaay too cool to dress up."

S2_Gym_Leader_Blue_alt.png

"Though if you losers want to, it's no skin off my nose to laugh at how silly you look, hahaha! I mean, who would be caught dead in that..."

S2_Pok%C3%A9mon_Trainer_Red.png

"..."

"...Huh? You too?"

"Aww, that is a very cute costume, Red!"

"It's a Pikachu! Look at it's pink cheeks!"

S2_Gym_Leader_Brock_alt2.png

"Even my rock-hard soul has been soften by that!"

"Hey, hey! Not bad, kid! A Pikachu, huh? Yeah, that takes me back..."

S2_Leader_Sabrina.png

"Even my predictions did not foretold the aura you inhibited! A marvelous costume indeed..."

"Y-Yeah, well, I could do better..."

"Jealous?"

"No way! Watch, I'll dress up in something that leaves Red in the dust!"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"Oh? But what about your previous comment of..."

S2_Gym_Leader_Erika_alt2.png

"... I'm waaaaay too cool to dress up ..."

"T-That was then, and this is now. Stay right there, I'm gonna get a costume that will blow your minds! I'll be right back!"

"..."

"You said it, Red. He's definitely jealous."

S2_Gym_Leader_Janine_alt.png

"Looks like I'm just in time!"

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"Hey, Janine! Oh, you're a Venomoth!"

"It was dad's old costume, so he wanted me to have it! Too bad he couldn't make it..."

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"I'm sorry, dear. I suppose being a member of the Elite Four is quite a tough job. But, I'm happy that you, yourself have made it!"

S2_Leader_Blaine.png

"Hah! Are we ready to heat things up?!"

"Mr. Blaine! You're a..."

S2_Leader_Blaine.png

"Wanna find out? I'll give you a quiz for a hint!"

S2_Gym_Leader_Blaine_alt.png

"Growl, growl, growl! Now, what am I?"

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"..."

"...Growlithe?"

S2_Leader_Blaine.png

"Well done! But, it was a pretty easy quiz, just for this occasion. Come by the Gym for harder ones!"

"Hah! Just make sure you bring your Burn Heal!"

"Noted. Now, all we need is Blue, and we can start."

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"Here! Did y'miss me? Got my costume on, too!"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"That's great and--Huh? B-Blue...?"

"..."

"..."

S2_Leader_Brock.png
S2_Gym_Leader_Janine_alt2.png
S2_Gym_Leader_Sabrina_alt2.png
S2_Gym_Leader_Blaine_alt2.png

".........
.........."

"...What?"

"Blue.... what exactly... are you dressed as?"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"It appears to be a ship?"

"Not just any ship! The S.S. Anne! Isn't it obvious? See how awesome it is? I told ya' I'd blow all your minds!"

"Well, you're not wrong there."

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"So, Red! What do you think? Speechless?"

"..."

"Hah! Knew it!"

"At any rate, now that we're all here, it's time for us to begin!"

"Awesome! Now, everyone, ready? 1... 2... 3...!"

"From all of us here, in Kanto, we'd all would like to wish you trainers of Pokecommunity, a very, very..."

S2_Leader_Sabrina.png
S2_Leader_Blue.png

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
.... Lol xD

Dear Blaine,

Why do you wear shades inside?
The flames too bright for you in there?
Is that why you have no eyebrows too? ...... 0.0

... my mistake, very tiny eyebrows. o___o

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Dear Red,

..........., ................
..............?

Your sincerely

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Dear Kid outside of Pokémon Tower,

What is up with you asking strangers for their belief in ghosts and where did the white hand come from?

- A very concerned trainer

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Dear Blaine, (keeping in mind you're not the same Blaine from the anime, must be a different timeline, lol)

Why'd you wait 3 years to battle with a Magmar? And what happened to Arcanine during then? I hope the volcanic disaster didn't.....gulp.....kill him. I'm a Magmar fanboy, so that question kinda needed answering. ^^

Do you or any other Gym Leaders play the Card Game? (Way for me to meta up this question.)

Your fan and stubborn rival, Palmer-Granate.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
.... Lol xD

Dear Blaine,

Why do you wear shades inside?
The flames too bright for you in there?
Is that why you have no eyebrows too? ...... 0.0

... my mistake, very tiny eyebrows. o___o

S2_Leader_Blaine.png

Hah! An easy riddle! Sunglasses protect me from the intensified rays from my Fire-type Pokemon's attacks! This answers your eyebrow question too! The flames scorched it off one time! Don't believe me? Come to the Cinnabar Gym!

S2_Leader_Blaine.png

Just make sure you've brought your Burn Heal!

~ Blaine

Dear Red,

..........., ................
..............?

Your sincerely

...!

Geez man, do you have to put the letter all in dots too? Whatever... I'll answer end it.

~ From Red.
Blue once again had to close this.

Dear Kid outside of Pokémon Tower,

What is up with you asking strangers for their belief in ghosts and where did the white hand come from?

- A very concerned trainer

"Huh. Yeah, what was with that kid, anyhow?"

"Spirits are indeed real. We can't see them, but they are all around us... As I recall, didn't yourself and Red encounter this?"

"I-I have no further comment at this point of time."

~ Blue and Sabrina (p.s. I don't know anything about that kid you're talking about, sorry)

Dear Blaine, (keeping in mind you're not the same Blaine from the anime, must be a different timeline, lol)

Why'd you wait 3 years to battle with a Magmar? And what happened to Arcanine during then? I hope the volcanic disaster didn't.....gulp.....kill him. I'm a Magmar fanboy, so that question kinda needed answering. ^^

Do you or any other Gym Leaders play the Card Game? (Way for me to meta up this question.)

Your fan and stubborn rival, Palmer-Granate.

S2_Gym_Leader_Blaine_alt2.png

"Hm? Whatever do you mean, lad? Three years? And all my other Pokemon are doing just fine, despite the eruption!"

"Ah, but the card game, of course! I trounce the competition with my Deck of Flames! Don't believe me? Challenge me to find out! Just make sure you've brought your Burn Heal Card!"

~ Blaine

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
S2_Leader_Misty.png

"Allllright, fellow Gym Leaders of Kanto! It's that time of year again! Are you all ready?"

S2_Leader_Sabrina.png

"ROGER!"

"Everyone is in high spirits... I love it!"

"Of course! 'Cuz everyone knows that I will lead this team to victory!"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"You are quite the trainer, Blue. But do not forget, we have two aces!"

"..."

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"At top form as always, Red!"

S2_Leader_Erika.png

"For those of you who are not aware, at the start of every new year, the Tohjo Cup is held, right here in Previous Generations! It's an annual cup where Johto and Kanto are put against each other, in a wide variety of topics!"

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"We, the Kanto Gym Leaders, even go against the fellow Gym Leaders from Johto! Y'know, people like Whitney, Jasmine, and Clair? Even the Elite Four, and Champions are involved!"

"Those guys aren't pushovers though... this might be a tough one this years."

S2_Leader_Blue.png

"Hah, you guys worry too much. Of course we're gonna win! The question really is, how much will we win by?"

"..."

"See? Red gets it!"

"So, I hope that you guys cheer us on, and when the time comes, vote for us, the trainers and citizens of Kanto! Thank you to our many fans in advance!"

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

"It's certainly have been a while!"

"Quite! All these new challengers have been quite a handful, lately!"

S2_Leader_Misty.png

"Looks like we're free now, though. Feel free to ask us any question!"

"... Provided that it is someone within Kanto."

"Thank you all for your patience!"

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dear Channeler in Pokémon Tower,

How did you get possessed?

AHAHAHAA!

SJP_Channeler.png

"Give... me... your... soul..."

SJP_Channeler.png

"KHKHKHKAHAH!"

SJP_Channeler.png

"OHEWEEEOOOWWWW!!"

"Not this again... I thought they were all past this? N-Not that I'm scared of course, but I'm pretty sure it's just the Ghost-type pokemon messin' with them again..."

SJP_Channeler.png

"Gyawayayahahaahaha! Blooos.. blood.. BLOOD!"

"Still kinda creepy on how they're saying such messed up things..."

SJP_Channeler.png

"Yaaaargh! It's MORPHING TIME!"

SJP_Channeler.png

"CHANNELER! DIGIVOLVE, TO....!"

"...I'm outta here."

~ Lavender Tower Shenanigans

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
Years
Dear Blue Oak

What is it like being the only (known) gym leader to have no specialized type?

Back