• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • sorry if someone has already asked this, but is this just a glitch or have nintendo but it in on purpose? it sounds like they have but i thought i would ask.
    also are this shiny things in all the game versions? i have most of them and i am sure i have never encountered a shiny... but like it says they are very rare

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • freakgirl said:
    sorry if someone has already asked this, but is this just a glitch or have nintendo but it in on purpose? it sounds like they have but i thought i would ask.
    also are this shiny things in all the game versions? i have most of them and i am sure i have never encountered a shiny... but like it says they are very rare

It is a funtcion of the game G/S/C/R/S/LG/FR, as something else to try and catch. Plus some episodes of the anime feature shiny Pokemon, like Ash's shiny Noctowl

Years
  • Yeah, that shiny Noctowl was awesome lol.
    And yes shinies are very rare.i think the ratio is 1 out of every82652 something like that.
    If you really want one ther are modifying codes and such to get some.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'm currently looking for a shiny Hopip by hatching eggs.
    I just started yesterday and I know it'll take long. I can't wait though.

MagbyEX

ub3r d00d
    Years
  • I have only caught one shiny and that is Dewgong.In my previous games I caught a shiny Poliwhirl,shiny Pidgeotto and a shiny Zubat.Surprisingly though,the Dewgong has very high stats when I caught it but when it levels up,it gets less points for each attribute,like Special Attack and Special Defense.Wierd.By the by,how do I join the Shinies Hunter Club?

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • MagbyEX said:
    I have only caught one shiny and that is Dewgong.In my previous games I caught a shiny Poliwhirl,shiny Pidgeotto and a shiny Zubat.Surprisingly though,the Dewgong has very high stats when I caught it but when it levels up,it gets less points for each attribute,like Special Attack and Special Defense.Wierd.By the by,how do I join the Shinies Hunter Club?

Click on the link in my sig, that will take you to the SHC thread. There, you can post to ask to join (just like any club). Because of an absence of the Founder, we are unable to update the members list as of now, however, we still keep track of the members who's names arn't on the list.

Years
  • Murpheos said:
    It is a funtcion of the game G/S/C/R/S/LG/FR, as something else to try and catch. Plus some episodes of the anime feature shiny Pokemon, like Ash's shiny Noctowl

thanks! i havent seen the pokemon cartoon for years.... i still have episodes 1-9 on tape though! i dont think i'll bother with these shinies though, they should like too much hard work

Years
  • Except for a gold oddish and that red gyarados in Pokemon Gold, I haven't seen any other shinies, although I did see that Espeon today in trainer tower.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Lord_Jaws1 said:
    The only shinies ive seen on FR/LG or R/S are the 3 in the FR/LG trainer tower. But in Silver i got the red gyarados, and also found a shiny pidgeotto and a shiny zubat at lvl 7 XD and ive racked up almost 300 hours on sapphire and around 250 on FireRed, and thats with restarting an Elite Four beaten sapphire.

The day after I posted this I went into Lavender Tower to EV train a Houndoom in Sp Atk and lo and behold, a shiny Cubone appeared just as I was going to leave!!! I got it and now it sits one of my boxes so I can take it out and show it off to my friends that still dont have any. XD

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
  • I've had a thought ( yes, that's what that strange grating sound is... :laugh: )

Is it 1 in 8195 pokemon seen, or 1 in 8195 pokemon seen of one type alone? If it's the latter, you could speed the hunt up by using AR Encounter codes...

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • Emerald Queen said:
    I've had a thought ( yes, that's what that strange grating sound is... :laugh: )

Is it 1 in 8195 pokemon seen, or 1 in 8195 pokemon seen of one type alone? If it's the latter, you could speed the hunt up by using AR Encounter codes...

1/8195 is the chances. It's not a fixed encounter time when you will run into a shiny. Basicly, every time you see a pokemon, you have 0.0001% chance of it being a shiny... Each time you have the same chances, It's not a countdown.

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
  • Ive never seen a shiny in my Ruby game ;-; I doubt I ever will either XD! I just hope its a "cool" shiny and not like... a wurmple >>; Meh.

My sister caught a shiny Spinda on her Sapphire game... i was all like ;o;!!!!!!!

Zaphod

Ride my Sub Bug!
    Years
  • I got 4 shinys! Altaria, Camerupt, Ariados, Ah! whats the other one XD Oh! Unown. I got him in a trade.. I was lucky. =D I kinda know someone who got a Wurmple and its always gonna be a Dustox >_<

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    in silver version I found a shiny zubat when I got to Union Cave.It was the first pokemon I found in Union Cave!!!!

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I caught a shiny Articuno on my Leaf Green i was really shocked when i saw it. I also have a shiny Pidegot, Ditto, Rapidash. And loads on my other games. I like loooking for shinies after i have completed the game. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back