• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Background music that caught your attention

Years
    • Seen today
    Sometimes when I watching anime I started paying attention to the background music instead of the story and animation. Is there any background music that caught your attention like that when you are watching anime?

Spoiler: YouTube
    Naruto

Koi Kaze

Yosuga no Sora

pkmin3033

Pretty much the entirety of Suite Precure's soundtrack would be this for me. The most memorable track is easily Let's Play! Precure Modulation, it puts every other transformation theme I have heard before or since to shame. It captures that essence of magic, blends together rock and orchestral in that classic Takanashi fashion, and cemented Suite Precure right there as my favourite magical girl show, Precure season, and perhaps my favourite anime. Other stuff I loved includes but is not limited to Melody of Sorrow, Cure Muse's battle theme, the light version of Precure's Mission in my Heart (holy shit), Can't stop the Heart Beat, etc. I could gush over all of the OST to this show, because it's easily the best I've ever heard.

That said, Takanashi did an excellent job with Smile Precure and even pieces of HeartCatch, too. Smile's transformation theme was suitably lively and dynamic and, much as I dislike HeartCatch, I did love Cure Sunshine's Shiny Tambourine theme. Mostly because Sunshine was the only good character in that miserable excuse for a season.

One of the reasons I love Cross Ange so much is because of its soundtrack, too. Two words: Akiko Shikata. The second she gets involved with soundtrack, you know it's going to be absolutely fucking incredible. It's infuriatingly difficult to find it on Youtube - I think most of it has been taken down - but I'd urge anyone interested to go download it...or better yet, go watch the show. Hearing Mizuki Nana and Yui Horie sing El Ragna at various points is utterly captivating, too. When stuff like this starts playing in the background - frequently - it gives a certain atmosphere to the fight scenes, which this show really needs considering how utterly ridiculous it is otherwise.

Noein. Oh, Noein. Before Suite Precure came along, Noein had my favourite anime soundtrack. From the haunting theme of Karasu - both versions - to the pulse-pounding battle theme Shangri-La, it's packed with spectacular tracks that had me stopping to take note at least once or twice an episode. It never got old hearing this start up just as someone started going mental either...typically Atori.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood had quite an impressive orchestral score as well...spanning three albums. Some of my personal favourites include To Be King, March of the Moving Dolls (damnit, that was creepy), Amestris Military March (because of that one scene...you know the one), and Trisha's Lullaby were amongst my favouries that I remembered to look for specifically when I got the soundtrack as a whole.

Star Driver had pretty fantastic soundtrack as well, in my opinion. Along with the four maiden insert songs - Monochrome being my personal favourite (and the only one I can't find the TV version of!) although the other three are fantastic as well - it had some nice orchestral pieces to go along with it. You knew shit was going down whenever this started playing, and it sounded pretty good slowed down. This made a pretty good transformation theme, too.

Now, for some one-offs in a huge textwall:

Whilst I didn't care for the show, I can't deny that Vogel Im Kafig from Attack on Titan gave me the chills, especially at the end. Voice of Thanatos in Tiger and Bunny really stood out for being so damned creepy when the rest of it was so light-hearted and carefree. Destroy from the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime gave me pause, because holycrap where the hell did THAT come from?! Some of the gratuitious English battle tracks from the Rebuild of Evangelion movies - specifically this one and this one - were incredible, and this was just plain disturbing in context. Nobunaga's theme in Sengoku Basara was amazing, especially coupled with Norioooooo Wakamoootoooo's voice for the character, and the ham only intensified with Hideyoshi's theme in the second season. Rozenkristall from Rozen Maiden is still one of my favourite pieces of anime music, ever. Meijin Kawaguchi's themes - both of them - in Gundam Build Fighters was surprisingly fitting, and three times better than the rest of the soundtrack...which in itself was pretty good a lot of the time, stuff like this really stood out. Then there was Try, which continued the tradition of atmospheric battle themes. Speaking of Gundam...Trans-Am Raiser in 00. That definitely made me pay attention. Just hearing that makes me want to scream the words. This one theme in Overlord made me pay attention, too. If you've seen Kill la Kill I don't need to explain Blumenkranz's appeal, although I loved Harime Nui's theme too. Then there was this from Psycho-Pass. They call this Makishima's theme, but I will always associate it with the scene where they find Rikako's first sculpture. I should mention Utena's duel themes here, too. Those were all ridiculously fantastic. Plus there was this. I love that. Also, this one track from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. This was surprisingly epic. Every time that choir came up...awwww yeah.

Also, I think it worth mentioning that I will be watching Dimension W in the near future solely based on this track. Because wow. This is really attention grabbing.

...pretty much any anime that has utilised classical music catches my attention immediately as well. Princess Tutu, Kill la Kill, and Your Lie In April are the most standout examples, as they were brilliant shows as well.

OK, I think that covers everything I can think of at 7am. I'll be back.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I only have one for the moment. I don't want to post a whole essay as I'm not in the mood to do so, and I haven't posted anything in anime & mango so...

Nobunaga's theme from the BASARA anime.

The thing with the Sengoku BASARA anime music is that its usually just average at best (kinda like most of the music tracks in the game itself. Devil Kings do not count btw since that Localization is still gardobor). The music tracks for most of that show, especially the first season which we can all forgive, was rather bland. Even the OP and ED songs didn't help for me. But when Nobunaga's air time became more apparent, that played and I was like. BAM! THATS MUSIC! And that's one of the reasons why I love BASARA more in anime form than the source material.. aside from my biased love for Koei's Warriors series. The over the top nature of Basara really hits the spot in anime and Nobunaga's incredibly awe-inspiring theme really helped hypen up the hype.

And yes, Nobunaga in Basara is still manly, and he wields a Boomstick.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years

• I'd say up to this point, the series was at its peak. This scene in particular, used the music really well and perfectly added to the mood.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Pretty much every BGM in Initial D, you can pretty much tell the whole story through the music itself. xD

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years

• Anime's kinda meh except for like, the end of 2wei Herz, but by the gods, this is better than the original Emiya, in my opinion.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • ^ that video is not available now. But I presume it is this track you linked:

Because that's exactly why I'm here.
    This track is amazing as fuck. Gives me such an adrenaline rush every time I listen to it. Just fucking fantastic. Goosebump inducing.

True for a majority of BnHA's tracks, actually. But the OST will be out in a few days so can't link the other tracks. This is all we have for now. AND IT IS FUCKING AWESOME <333

Seriously, mere words can't describe how much I absolutely love this track. And BnHA's OST in general. :')

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Music doesn't always play a big role for me, but there are certain titles where music can real make or break the deal. This mostly applies to magical girl shows and kids shows with tons of stock footage in my case. A good OST can REALLY make a difference. That's why I tend to love Sailor Moon, while at the same time not really digging Precure (I do need to watch Heartcatch though). I've seen a fair share of magical girls, but to this day, I haven't seen one with better OST than Sailor Moon (he also did the Digimon OSTs that are also awesome)

Back