• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Israel and Palestine, what's the solution?

Years
  • On the 15 January at a conference in Paris 72 governments met to reaffirm a two state solution to be achieved by direct negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians. This was declared as the one and only path to peace. There appears to be no plan B if this inevitably fails. So the conflict between Israel and Palestine rages on and on and on but can there ever be a solution to halt the fighting?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm honestly on Israels side with this. If Palestine wouldn't keep shooting rockets at Israel, Israel wouldn't have to crush their pathetic terrorist army back into the dirt. Honestly I see Palestine as that kid in school who bullys others, but the second someone decides to stand up for themselves, they make themselves into the victim so everyone else gets in trouble... But then again it seems everyone in the middle east hates Israel simply because they exist (and aren't Muslim) So I again can't blame their militarism. If they didn't have an army that could steamroll any middle eastern country, then I don't believe Israel would exist today...

I'm sure someone will come try and drop a whole bunch of info about how victimized Palestine is but I just don't see it... maybe it's all the weapons they constantly try and smuggle in and how much they talk about murdering civilians, or how willing they seem to be to use their own as meat shields

As far as a solution? I'd think the best for its people was if it was simply absorbed into Israel, so the larger countries funds could be used to improve the lives of the citizens there. I suppose it would just mean the Palestinians would have to get used to intermixing with Israelis more. And no, no one needs to change their religion or lifestyle. They simply need to accept eachother for who they are.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm with Israel and it is awesome knowing that they won a war in 6 days. Inevitibly a peace treaty will be signed as according to the christian teachings I've heard once this happens it will lead to what is called the rapture. Believe what you want, but I don't think we are far from this since eyes are being put on the middle east which prophecy fore told would happen.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    No persons since the second world war have faced the level of oppression the Palestinians face from Israel. It's apartheid of the highest order. Israel seems to be completely incapable of following international law, has zero issue shooting unarmed civilians and saw no problem with dropping banned chemical weapons on a school. A school.

Is Hamas bad? Sure, they're bad. But the situation is really akin to the local council putting new neighbors in your house, forcing you into the garden, taking more of the garden from you and then when you retaliate by throwing stones at the window, the new neighbors burn your family to death.

Of course that's oversimplifying a very complex situation, and Israel has only become the aggressor in recent years. Removing Netanyahu from power would likely help calm things immense between both sides.

Back