• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delete & Replace

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Thunder_Armor.png

So, can you recall there was a moment in the Pokemon Anime where you find questionable because of weird writing, or somewhat frustrating, or doesn't make much sense? Good, now, let's say I granted you a device that allows you to replace said scene, and you can re-write it to whatever you like.

What scene or moment in the anime would you change and re-write, and how would you re-write it? How does the scene you re-wrote makes the moment in the anime better?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Make sure Ash never travels to Alola. And he just chills in pallet for a while, maybe even join that years league and just spend time training, being... discrete.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Mimikyu vs Pikachu or Episode 76 if memory serves. Electroweb should not have been used in that moment since it had no business learning that move in the first place. Furthermore, what is with the Pikachu-Z appearing out of thin freaking air again. Seriously, Thunder Armor, or 1 Pokemon against Elesa can't beat that middle finger sequence. As for how I'd do it differently, how about Ash suffering a serious setback by losing? I know there were repercussions if that were the case but compared to what we have right now, I'd take that over this clear departure from the games(even Black and White wasn't this bad).

Years
  • The Mimikyu vs. Pikachu scene, since I agree Electroweb should not have been strong enough to withstand Mimikyu's Z-Move. A great episode beyond that, though! I love Jessie's Mimikyu itself and was about to freak the heck out if Bewear actually grabbed them and ran off before the battle ended. Thank god it didn't.

Ash's rematch battle against Nanu. Lycanroc withstood a series of attacks thrown at it one after the other, yet it was able to KO most or all of Nanu's Pokémon with a single move. pls

And of course, the notorious Thunder Armor scene that makes absolutely no sense haha. I'm sure we'd all change it. =p

ASH'S PIGNITE AND SNIVY SHOULD HAVE EVOLVED I would have loved to see an Attract-using Servine or Serperior

Ash's Gible should have been more memorable and left a bigger impact, being his first dragon type.

pkmin3033

I'd re-write both the Sinnoh and Kalos Leagues to have Ash win them. Tobias was a horrendously cheap shot given that he had TWO Legendaries, and Alain was set up to lose to Ash in that match but didn't literally because the writers won't let him win anything.

I would have made Ash vs. Paul the Sinnoh League final and written Tobias out entirely, and kept Ash vs. Alain only had his Charizard fall first, as it should have and would have had this been literally any other show in existence.

I would have changed Ash-Greninja's fight with Mega Gardevoir, too. Because that was ridiculous. This is the Champion's star Pokemon. Being tossed around like a rag doll. No. Just no.

Back