• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any fan-made Pokemon game which include all actual regions (until D/P/Pt)?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    the level difference just follow gold/silver like johto/kanto, where last gym leader of johto can be like level 40, while all kanto gym leader can all have like 50-60, hoeon are like 60-70 and so on.
    because pokemon at higher level are harder to level up.

Also, playing four region doesn't mean using same story as old pokemon game, that's just boring. Mostly I want play all four regions is to have all the character show up and event happen around all region instead of one. such as team rocket decided to join forces with other team (I don't know name because it's too long ago) and all those hero beaten these team had either gone or don't care. so the main character has to solve the issue, while some old character decided to show up and help a little.

currently I only heard blue chrome is doing that, but then last time I asked him he said he will do one region story first because no one wants to wait, and after the preview video 3 months ago he just disappeared.....
    (also blue chrome's all region introduction story is pretty good, as it involved with 3 years later after gold/silver, so mostly it happened after generation 4 story. )
    so now only thing we can do is wait....

and sorry for bad english hope you guys understand

Last edited:

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    just want to ask
    since now i heard we can extend the rom size, can we actually just put maps together from ruby along with fire red (and if you want johto you can ask zel for shiny gold) into one rom so you do not need to actually "design" the map except dimond/peral, just create events.

Also for the level difference just follow gold/silver like johto/kanto, where last gym leader of johto can be like level 40, while all kanto gym leader can all have like 50-60, hoeon are like 60-70 and so on.
    because pokemon at higher level are harder to level up.

Also, playing four region doesn't mean using same story as old pokemon game, that's just boring. Mostly I want play all four regions is to have all the character show up and event happen around all region instead of one. such as team rocket decided to join forces with other team (I don't know name because it's too long ago) and all those hero beaten these team had either gone or don't care. so the main character has to solve the issue, while some old character decided to show up and help a little.

currently I only heard blue chrome is doing that, but then last time I asked him he said he will do one region story first because no one wants to wait, and after the preview video 3 months ago he just disappeared.....
    (also blue chrome's all region introduction story is pretty good, as it involved with 3 years later after gold/silver, so mostly it happened after generation 4 story. )
    so now only thing we can do is wait....

p.s. I was going to ask if you can do put map together for heartgold and platinum and just design hoenn but then I heard they still don't have map editor for 4th gen yet.

and sorry for bad english hope you guys understand

DUDE! THIS IS THE GAME DEVELOPMENT SECTION!
    NO ROM HACKING!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • ^ this is game development, not hacking. We don't use roms and stuff. so you can't directly use maps from the roms.

EDIT: Beaten!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    opps sorry about that i thought this section can talk about game development of rom hacking too
    so what about other things i said, does it sound ok for game include all four regions?

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • I have an idea how this would work:

You start off in one base region, lets use Kanto for example. You start the plot in Kanto, but you need to go to other regions to continue the main storyline.

Example:

You are in Kanto until you beat the third Gym Leader. Team Rocket takes Prof. Oak to the Hoenn Region. You have to go to the Hoenn region, save Oak and return to Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2015
    If Ash's Pikachu can get essentially 'reset', then I don't see why the Player's Pok?mon can't be. Upon returning to an old region, it's levels are returned, or you must go to a new region with no Pok?mon, there are several ways to execute it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If Ash's Pikachu can get essentially 'reset', then I don't see why the Player's Pok?mon can't be. Upon returning to an old region, it's levels are returned, or you must go to a new region with no Pok?mon, there are several ways to execute it.
    Logistically, there's nothing wrong with resetting a Pok?mon's powers between regions. However, you're forgetting the emotional bond the player has with the Pok?mon they've raised for the entire first region. Suddenly wiping out all that progress (especially without warning) is a terrible way to keep players interested.

A "no immigration" rule would be much better, as it can easily be explained away. A region is its own unique ecosystem, balanced over generations of rampant Pok?mon breeding (it happens quickly even in captivity, and there are many potential breeding partners). Suddenly introducing a new species can very quickly destabilise a large part of that ecosystem thanks to breeding, and that's definitely not desirable. Hence no foreign flora or fauna.

Here's an interesting question: What about items? It's unlikely the player will travel to a different region with no gear (even if they're forced to go with no Pok?mon), so how would you stop them carrying over all their money and Ultra Balls and Pok?flutes and HMs and all that? You definitely want to make them leave it behind (don't you?) so that the second region has balanced gameplay and obstacles that actually block the player for a while, but Border Control won't object to the player bringing in a few Max Potions.

How, then, would you tackle the issue of carrying items over between regions (or not?).

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    In the same way people can't bring certain things to another country. I've just come from England to America, and they rescrict certain items. Have it so the player cannot bring certain items from one region to another. Border Control can certainly stop people from bringing pokeballs, berries and recovery items from being brought in.You can make an excuse, like the region needs economical growth, or is in dept and needs your money to be spent there. And the same with money. There are limits on how much money you can bring from country to country, so a player can only bring so much.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • The no immigration idea is really smart. Makes total sense, and forces people to expand their horizons.

Also, to make the game more fair, after you finish the region, you should be allowed to use any pokemon in there. (much like after getting the national dex in official games)

as for items, do what daed suggests, ban key items. But also-

Make items restricted depending on the amount of regional badges!!!
    0 badges: pokeball, potion, ether, etc.
    3 badges: great ball, super ether
    7 badges: ultra ball, full heal, max potion and max ether.
    leauge: master ball

That would mean you won't loose items, but you're just restricted until you reach the point where using said items wouldn't unbalance you.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I have an idea how this would work:

You start off in one base region, lets use Kanto for example. You start the plot in Kanto, but you need to go to other regions to continue the main storyline.

Example:

You are in Kanto until you beat the third Gym Leader. Team Rocket takes Prof. Oak to the Hoenn Region. You have to go to the Hoenn region, save Oak and return to Kanto.

I agree 100% you can allow the player to travel to the other regions, but make one region the main one, so say kanto is the main region, but to progress in kanto you need an item that only in johto, so you make the player have to travel to jhoto and find the item and return to kanto, dont make the gyms avaiable in johto shinoh or an other region but allow the players to expirence the region just the same... and if a player catches a pokemon while in the shinnoh region he takes it with him back to kanto... also mix the trianers pokemon in the main region to have all pokemon so the players shinnoh pokemon doesnt get lonely being the only outsider in the kanto region

If Ash's Pikachu can get essentially 'reset', then I don't see why the Player's Pokémon can't be. Upon returning to an old region, it's levels are returned, or you must go to a new region with no Pokémon, there are several ways to execute it.
    I thought about resetting the pokemon but then would the player even want the pokemon again, because it took hard work to get that dratini into dragonite.. do you wanna do that again?

Here's an interesting question: What about items? It's unlikely the player will travel to a different region with no gear (even if they're forced to go with no Pokémon), so how would you stop them carrying over all their money and Ultra Balls and Pokéflutes and HMs and all that? You definitely want to make them leave it behind (don't you?) so that the second region has balanced gameplay and obstacles that actually block the player for a while, but Border Control won't object to the player bringing in a few Max Potions.
    Can make it where the player gets mugged by team rocket or something..

overall, i think the only way to have all 5 regions in one, it to focus on the one, and make the other regions base around the main story..

Last edited:
    Back