• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gardevoir lead NU - RMT

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • Forget it. I'm changing the team. I'm busy with my UU/NU team for now.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Quick nitpicks, on Gardy, drop Wish for Psychic, otherwise it gets ripped apart by Taunt + Pursuit Skunktank.

Sudowoodo is p bad, Its outclassed by Bastiadon, so you that doesn't give it much to stand on lol. Use Slowking, its got better defenses, attack coverage, and a healing move.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    252HP/200Def/56SpDef
    Bold Nature
    -Slack Off
    -Thunder Wave/Toxic
    -Surf
    -Grass Knot

Butterfree is outclassed by Venomoth, so use that instead.

On Ninetails use Dark Pulse over the other options.

Everything else is fine, I might consider dropping Fearow for Sandslash for a Rapid Spinner since most of your team is SR weak.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Skuntank is part dark, so no Psychic should hit it. If I see one, I'll immediately switch to an appropriate counter (Taunt that, ya butt showing numbnut)
    TBolt can be used OR Focus Blast. Ghosts can give me a little problem, but Sudowoodo can help that. But since Wish helps Gardevoir become even more a special sponge, with max sp.def and Light Screen and Reflect it can take a few hits.
    I'd should consider that Sandslash, and just a day ago I pal parked a Venomoth. Should come in handy.

EDIT: I prefer Sudowoodo since it's spared from 4x weaknesses. 4x weakness = You won't even have time to say your prayers.

Last edited:

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Well i Very Recently Switched out my Butterfree for a Venomoth and the difference is very noticeable but it is set up like a Toxic Spikes Venomoth lost the stun powder and dream eater and U Turn but having the spikes Bug buzz and Psychic has been a Healthy switch

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Yes, Skunktank is part dark, but other pursuiters can skill KO it if it has no attacking move by simply using taunt.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • @Gamer
    That's the point, the moment Skuntank goes out I without any hesitation stright switch to a counter.
    I've been looking over Venomoth for a little while now, I came up with this

Venomoth @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    252 Sp.att, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.d
    -Sleep Powder
    -Stun Spore
    -Leech Seed
    -Bug Buzz

It's a set for bugging with the Double Status concept. Sleep something, paralyze something, and then leech seed it. A switch is highly predictable in this case. Nobody likes getting their HP sapped + having to worry about being paralyzed. I thought about giving it Toxic, because I'd rather burn physical attackers than poison them.

@Tree
    Dream Eater isn't worth a slot. Sleeping Pokemon = switch = you lost a good turn = epic fail.
    Don't get me wrong, DE is more than good on CPU opponents, but in online.. That's a whole other story.
    U-Turn is physical, so Venomoth won't have too many uses for it. Little damage doesn't hurt, but a move slot real hurts.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Gamer
    That's the point, the moment Skuntank goes out I without any hesitation stright switch to a counter.

Umm Pursuit kinda does double damage when you switch. :/

NU isnt about slapping a bunch of random pokes together you know that right ?

Fearow is inferior to Dodrio, Butterfree is an inferior Venomoth for the most part. Not 4x SR weak, tinted lense, absorbs t-spikes (which sink your whole team) etc.

Though anything with Close Combat and a good speed stat KO's your whole team. Gardy gets 2hko'd by Scarf Primape with CC. :/

Also nothing can take on Slowking...like at all or Curse Miltank and nothing can take boosted Psychics. Heck you are even Haunter weak.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Project_NU/index.php?showtopic=144

I suggest you take a look at this and get familiar with the metagame.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Actually I'm dropping this team and building a new one.
    I said if I see a Skuntank most chances that it will taunt, but I'll just switch to something else. But It won't matter because this team changes.

Back