• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Underdog League

Do you think this league will succeed?

• Yes, this is a great idea for a new league

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • No, this is a horrible idea and should get locked

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Maybe, once its up and running.

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
  • Agreed totally. Though I have found lately that very little in UU can deal with Muk, and Slowbro and Ludicolo under Rain are as OU as UU gets.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Look at the OP. There is a link that includes Which pokes you are not allowed to use more than 1 of in gym battles against greene. :)

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
  • hmm i guess i agree with mostve those ones, except for espeon. I think thats pretty easy to counter acctually but w.e. Ur rules

Greene1516

Years
  • hmm i guess i agree with mostve those ones, except for espeon. I think thats pretty easy to counter acctually but w.e. Ur rules

Everybody thinks Espeon is easy to counter because nobody has faced them enough. From my battles with Mike, using it myself, and encountering it elsewhere, in the UU tier it is very hard to counter an Espeon, who is basically a little less hitty than Zam but bulky enough to take a neutral hit. It hits 350 speed, which is UU is one of the fastest Pokemon there is, and then on top of that has a huge special attack stat. Equip it with a Life Orb or Choice Specs and it can rip through anything that doesn't resist it with ease. And that's talking in general.

Even in OU Espeon holds its own very well. Wait and see one of the videos I'm going to put up soon. I was down 4-0 and then brought out my last Pokemon Espeon and tore through an OU team.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • What is this Big 6 UU clause you all are making up? I wish to know what pokemon are in this big 6, because I feel that banning said pokemon is extremely cowardly as well as stupid. :/ Not being able to counter these pokemon just shows that your team has holes in it. I mean, pokemon are UU, NU, ect. for reasons. The reason their usages drop is because they aren't good enough to handle what they used to be able to (in this case, Alakazam).

Greene1516

Years
  • What is this Big 6 UU clause you all are making up? I wish to know what pokemon are in this big 6, because I feel that banning said pokemon is extremely cowardly as well as stupid. :/ Not being able to counter these pokemon just shows that your team has holes in it. I mean, pokemon are UU, NU, ect. for reasons. The reason their usages drop is because they aren't good enough to handle what they used to be able to (in this case, Alakazam).

Yes it is cowardly for me with my choice of 8 Pokemon to make a clause for my own gym that makes sure I don't get raped by a team that my type in UU actually has no way to beat. Way to be a clown .Aero.

.Aero

Years
  • >_> Ummm...that's the reason only 2/3 has to be your type. To outperform such pokemon. Bring in a dark type (Drapion perhaps) to deal with those annoying Psychic types.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I actually agree with greene. It is more cowardly of the challenger to use a team designed to counter every pokemon in a gym (I mean it is okay to use some pokemon with advantages, but going overboard and completely design a new team, then it's just plain stupid). And it's not like Greene is completely banning them (he is allowing 1).

Greene1516

Years
  • Have you ever noticed a common trend in the Fighting type??? They are all physical attackers, which means at least one of my non-fighting Pokemon has to deal with being the special sweeper, which leaves me with one Pokemon to deal with those 6. Trsut me, I tested out every fighting Pokemon in UU over the last few weeks since Tori told me about this thing, and I tested tonnes of teams, and the one common thing in all the team is that if two or more of these Pokemon came together they never stood a chance. On top of this, I always felt 5 of the 6 were stretching UU anyway, and then with Zam getting in there, it felt if I am going to be restricted to a really small group of Pokemon then I need to level the playing field. I also consulted some top players about this 6, one of which is on the smogon team, and he felt it was fair. Dug and Espeon may not last in it however and it may become 4. I have some more testing to do with it later.

The other reason for this rule is because these 6 are way to common. The big 5 rule for OU back in the day was mainly made for the killer combination the big 5 made, but as a side note it was noted that their overuse was a motivating factor, and I did join this league to face new teams and not the 5 or 6 most powerful Pokemon there is in the tier. Trust me, as Sky said last night to me, if there was a way to counter them all in the fighting gym without compromising the other holes to cover up such as weaknesses and lack of walls and special attackers, I would have figured it out by now. Anyway, this is all trial, if the rule turns out to make thing too easy for me, I'll be the first person to say it has to go. But things don't work until they are tried.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    thats like saying deoxys-s should be allowed just because parasect can counter it XD (.Aero)

.Aero

Years
  • You've still failed to tell me the 6 pokemon like I asked...

I understand where you're coming from however. I still feel it's quite stupid to ban the pokemon if they belong in the tier just because you personally feel they should be BL. :/ I guess it depends on the pokemon though.

I find it funny too that I'm attacking this rule when I'm the leader of the gym with the most weaknesses (aside from rock, which actually ties at 5 weaknesses). I'm struggling to find a pokemon to fill my third slot as my non-grass type, and I think I've figured it out...but it comes at the cost of some pretty major weaknesses.

thats like saying deoxys-s should be allowed just because parasect can counter it XD (.Aero)

Lolwut? This statement probably just made my day. xD I'll point out the flaws:

1. Your analogy is comparing Deoxys-S and Alakazam (I'm assuming) in the sense that if Alakazam should be allowed in UU, Deoxys-S should be allowed in OU. This is hilarious due to the fact that Alakazam is actually UU, while Deoxys-S is Uber. :/

2. I'm guessing you're referring to my post on the using Drapion to counter/check Zam? Correct? Well you see, Drapion is immune to Pyschic, and is neutral to Signal Beam/Focus Blast. Most Zam's are choiced in one way or another too. So by switching Drapion in on a suspected Psychic gives you a free turn to cause a switch and perhaps get a Swords Dance in to create a wrecking machine. Obviously you don't understand what prediction is.

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    <I feel that I have actually made a pretty solid team. With all of my major weaknesses in OU, I can make a really good team, since only 2 of the rock types are OU. XD
    Although I still need to put a few band aids around a couple of gaps, that's is no big deal! I just need to train 1 new poke before my team can counter everything/most of what I can think of, then I can accept serious challenges. *Look at leingodf8*
    XD
    Oh, and .Aero? Love your sig. XD

Greene1516

Years
  • Trust me amount of weaknesses means nothing, you have personally seen how successful I am with Rock types who have double the weaknesses of fighitng types, but rock types are much more diverse. Fighting types are all physical attackers who are slow, and have few candidates for walls, and even those are sub-par at most.

And since you don't want to click on the link, the 6 are Zam, Espeon, Dug, Muk, Slowbro, and Ludicolo. However, I've decided to give Dug and Espeon the benefit of the doubt, so I'm gonna break it down to the four.

Note though .Aero I didn't make the rules just because of what tier I feel they should be, and I didn't ban them, it's the combination of two of more of them that become a destructive force that are almost impossible for a leader with a type restriction to deal with in UU. One on its own is still ridiculpusly tough, but managable if you play right.

So as it stands it is the big 4; Zam, Bro, Ludi, and Muk.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I think I'm going to open my ground gym now. Its gonna be a work in progress anyways with the shakeup in uu from smogon anyways.

Greene1516

Years
  • Major shake-up. PC should really make their own tier list. It makes things so much easier.

Anyway, I'm training some new guys for some alternative teams, but I'm taking challenges also. I'm just glad that most of the hardcore challengers are gym leaders.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Oh, man am I glad Empoleon isn't borderline anymore! XD
    No more threats from him!

Back