• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotron228

^_^
Years
  • becuase of the first error I don't know hwo to fix taht random encounter thing in house where it says party 1 has no pokemon or something

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    becuase of the first error I don't know hwo to fix taht random encounter thing in house where it says party 1 has no pokemon or something

well, in order to fix it, i still need to see the map that the error is happening on so that i know what is happening, if you get the error again, take a screen shot or something for me ok?

Umm I don't know for some things yes lol are you looking for a position?

sure, i love mapping stuff (i can map anything, i plan to put the demo to my own game up sometime tonight, but first i need to fix a few problems T-T)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Ok then would you like to be a mapper? If so coudl you map the pokemon research center?

yes! this what i need to know,
    do you want it to have more then one floor? if so how many?
    do a basement?

and that's about it. the rest i can figure out my self :D

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Help

How Can I fix This:

Exception: ArgumentError
    PokeBattle_Battle:141:in `pbThrow'
    PokeBattle_Battle:141:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1639:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2393:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2352:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2407:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2341:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2341:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:722:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `logonerr'

It happens when I throw a Pokeball at a Wild Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    how do i make an event check for the amount of money the trainer has? i read the notes but didn't find it.

Years
  • Use a conditional branch and a script.

Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.money>=500
    Script: $Trainer.money-=500
    Else
    Text: You don't have enough money...
    End

Basically, it checks whether the trainer's money is greater than or equal to 500, and if it is, takes 500 away.

Is it what u are looking for? It was said previously in the thread.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • You Know Flameguru
    you starter kits cool
    in test map i change it to test mat and it works!
    for the box thing to describe where you are
    but when i create a map like fire town a box donsen't show up in the corner saying
    Fire Townso can you tell me how to do it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Yes, there was a recent release, but the changes were so minor that they were hardly worth mentioning. The Pokeballs on the Pokedex pages are just a cosmetic change.

I've added a section to the documentation called "Suggestions for Customizing Scripts". It intends to contain hints on implementing certain features familiar to the Pokemon games, such as player-supplied names for Trainers, shiny wild Pokemon battles, and so on, which are not included in Pokemon Essentials by default.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Poccil, like I asked in a pm, could u put notes on your website with the changes u make from a version to another, even if they are minnors.
    That will help us keep our version up to date easily, espacially if we have modified some of the scripts.

Edit : and where is the new section u are speaking about? I didn't found it ^^'.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back