• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Mothers Savings!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
200px-Gold_Silver_Mom.png

One of the many new features introduced in G/S/C is the option to have your mother save money for you. Basically, you are allowed to deposit or withdraw money from her whenever you want to. You can even check your balance on your PokeGear! Also, whenever you win a battle, a portion of your earnings will automatically be sent to mom.

Not only does your mom save money for you if you choose to use this feature, but she will also buy you presents that you can pick up in any PokeMart! Usually these consist of potions and repels, but also can include PokeDolls.

Do you make use of this feature? I always thought it was pretty nifty :3

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
I always thought that the stuff she bought was useless when I can just go buy some hyper potions or revives myself. And her phone calls were a waste of time, I bought something for you! And it's usually a potion or crap like that.

Anyways I thought the feature was cool somewhat despite that since it did give your mom something to do unlike most of the other games's moms.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I always asked my mom to save some money for me. Somehow I never really ran out despite her holding onto a chunk of my winnings, and I loved that she bought you dolls and things for your room! I would always put lots of dolls in my room! It's an often-forgotten feature, but one I always loved!

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I never really bothered with it tbh, I was never that into collecting the dolls and trophies for my room, and preferred to have control over all of my money.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I always asked my mom to save some money for me. Somehow I never really ran out despite her holding onto a chunk of my winnings, and I loved that she bought you dolls and things for your room! I would always put lots of dolls in my room! It's an often-forgotten feature, but one I always loved!
Oh... I never saw it that way. I was mostly annoyed that she used my money without asking hahah. My next playthrough I'll ask her to save.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Oh... I never saw it that way. I was mostly annoyed that she used my money without asking hahah. My next playthrough I'll ask her to save.

I mean, yeah, she was buying stuff with your money without asking you first... but she still gave them to you. It was easy enough to make use of the stuff like Potions and whatnot. And I don't know what stores she was going to, but the fact that she could find dolls and none of the stores the player visits sells them... Clearly mom knows where to shop!

Years
I liked that she could save my money, and was disappointed that they removed that feature from all later games (except the Gen 2 remakes, of course). For once, the player's mom is useful! I wish they'd also kept her asking you if you needed to change the clock for daylight savings time!

DoubleDingle

Double Dingle
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I always hated it when I accidentally allow you too save my money. Then I'm too lazy to walk back home and change it, so it stays the entire game. Let's be real would you let your mom handle your money you earned from work.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
That was one of my favorite features about the game - I always selected the option to have her save the money for me. What I would do is have her save it all until after I'd beaten the 8 gym leaders, so that way I have enough money to stock up on items before the Pokemon League - like Revives, Max Potions, Full Restores and Ultra Balls.

Back