• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 2

Years
  • SUuoMlw.png

Background Information:
    Spoiler:

Plot:
    Welcome to the Shinto Region! Johto's northern neighbor has remained off the radar for Trainers over the years, but things have been buzzing lately and they've been flocking to the region.

Unfortunately, not very many have made it back home. Six months ago, what has become known as "The Night of Gnashing Teeth" happened in Shinto and a total of 348 Trainers haven't been seen since. While Team Rocket is active in Shinto, witnesses from that night refer to "Monsters" or "Beasts" attacking people. Whether or not they're linked to something the criminal syndicate has done is unclear, but seems very unlikely.

Following your success in Johto with both the Pokemon League and against Team Rocket's branch in the region, Professor Elm has sent you on a special undercover mission into the Shinto Region to see if you can find out what's really going on. Blend in as a Trainer, take on the Gyms and get ready for an adventure you'll certainly never forget!

Project Status:
    The game is finished!

Features:
    Spoiler:

Changes from Electrum:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

FAQs:
    Spoiler:

Download Information:

Pokemon Electrum 2 Version 4.0 (Complete Game)

Evolution Information

Gym Challenges:
    Spoiler:

Important Notes:
    -Make certain you speak to everyone! Not only will some characters offer items or trades, but certain pieces of information will save you later. Be observant, explore the Shinto Region!
    -Not every Pokemon you encounter can be caught in the game, this is mostly with one group due to their original base and Shinto's relative seclusion from that area. Remember that many trainers from all over are coming to Shinto, so they'll have Pokemon not native to the region.
    -I don't go by any sort of guide when it comes to unreleased Pokemon, so their names, stats, moves and types may be different than what others have them. Use your Pokedex and find out what Shinto says about them!
    - I am in the middle of the adoption process for a two year-old, so needless to say my hands will be quite full in the near future, hopefully before Christmas. I have every intention to complete this project, but I will likely need more time than what it took with the first game.

Bugs/Glitches:
    -OLD MANOR--> You need to step on a tile to the left of the top part of the potted tree to begin that event.
    -Cell Phone can't be registered. Likely due to it being the actual move Fly, just use it from the Key Items page.
    -Permission error with a Strength boulder on Dewford Island. It will disappear after you've cleared the Battle Pike, I don't advise going to the Battle Palace early.
    -Steven and Wallace have swapped battle sprites.
    -Hoenn Tileset has quite a few oddities to it, but nothing game-breaking.
    -After entering Frostbite Caverns, returning southward will trigger the rivals event once more. Resolved!
    -Apricorn trees on Route 62 are giving away unlimited Apricorns. Resolved!
    -If you heal at a gym's nurse station and faint, you're brought back to that desk but the game will not proceed, making you unable to continue. Resolved!
    -The type headers for Digital and Fairy types aren't showing in the Pokedex. Graphics oversight. Resolved!
    -Surf glitch should no longer be present, using HM instead of item.
    -Porygon not evolving at Level 30, will be resolved in next update.
    -If you black out before visiting a Pokemon Center, you'll end up on a random developer's map. Use the Pokemon Center in Vilnius before taking on the first route to avoid this problem.

New Shinto Pokemon all have Pokeballs for their menu sprites, this is temporary and will be changed (if I've time) for the final version's release.

*Please note that there will be a tone when you start the game, text will appear once it plays. This isn't a glitch and is intentional.

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Controls:
    C-key: Interacts/Selects
    F-key: Brings up menu if you have moves like Dig, Teleport or Sweet Scent.
    S-key: Toggles speed-up mode
    X-key: Opens your menu.
    Z-key: Hold to use Running Shoes (when obtained)

Last edited:
    Years
  • After you enter Frostbite Cavern, you can't return to the previous route because it just forces you to battle your rivals again & then re enter the caverns.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Known Bugs so far;

Sprite turns into a pokeball after capture; Nudel, Hofn
    After defeating both rivals, entering then leaving the cave will restart the cutscenes were you can rebattle them over and over.

Not sure if this is a bug, but on Route 62 where the apricorns are you can keep picking from them constantly
    I will update as I play through.

Last edited:
    Years
  • After you enter Frostbite Cavern, you can't return to the previous route because it just forces you to battle your rivals again & then re enter the caverns.

Known Bugs so far;

Sprite turns into a pokeball after capture; Nudel, Hofn
    After defeating both rivals, entering then leaving the cave will restart the cutscenes were you can rebattle them over and over.

Not sure if this is a bug, but on Route 62 where the apricorns are you can keep picking from them constantly
    I will update as I play through.

Thank you both for reporting in the glitches so far.

I've just fixed the rivals issue here, turned out the script was correct but the event switch was after the map transfer and so it wasn't picking up on that.

All of the new Shinto-based Pokemon have Pokeballs for their menu sprites right now.

Thanks for the note on the Apricorns as well!

Years
  • Gonna add a couple of things I just ran into that can easily be fixed. Have actually just fixed them on my end, so just be aware.

-If you heal at a gym's nurse station and faint, you're brought back to that desk but the game will not proceed, making you unable to continue.
    -The type headers for Digital and Fairy types aren't showing in the Pokedex. Graphics oversight.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Great demo it was an amazing game and keep up the good work this game have a lot of potential. I hope you can released the full game soon

Years
  • Today's update showcases Petra Village, site of the 3rd gym where programming its challenge is a challenge on its own thanks to the minigame involved.

I'm thinking of releasing a Beta at around 5 or 7 gyms, depending on how fast I'm moving at that point.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    this game is amazing <3 i loved the first game and im excited to play this game when its 100% finished

Years
  • Last update of the week. I've finished programming the third Gym, which requires you to dig up certain items using the mining minigame from DPPt in order to reach the Gym Leader. Within Petra Village, you can also understand more about the Shinto Region's elusive Legendary Pokemon that haven't been seen in about 100 years.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Monday morning update:

I've finished the mapping up to Gym #4 in Astana City. Programming will begin today and should be completed for this whole segment if scheduling works out this afternoon. The plan is to release a Beta when there are a total of seven gyms, which will mark the official halfway point through the Shinto Region's story.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Oho, this looks pretty interesting. Solid work so far, may try it out later if I've got some free time!

Years
  • First update of the week: Now finishing up Gym #4. Its challenge is the first one I'd consider really difficult, as you must win coins from the Gym's game room in order to purchase an item needed to confront the Gym Leader. I'm looking to add some new mini-games, we'll see how that goes.

Gonna scale back the Beta to cover 5 gyms, getting a little busier by the day here. One of the gyms past that one will also have a complex puzzle that will probably take a week to finish programming, so it's better to release a Beta before then as we'll likely be pretty close to Thanksgiving at that point.

Image below is just a quick look at the Gym, nothing fancy.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Saturday morning update!
    It has been a slow week but I managed to hit my target mark, having programmed everything up to the 4th gym and mapped everything up to the 5th! With that being said, I do believe the first Beta will only cover to Gym #5 as the story is going to really take off from there with some events (and gym puzzles) that are going to get a little crazy to program and will need extra time.

I plan to release the Beta next weekend and will include the following updates to areas seen in the Demo:
    -Images will now show what the starters look like when choosing.
    -A Geiger counter has been added for the radioactive areas- beware the sound of death!
    -Bug/Glitch fixes that are mentioned from the demo, so please let me know any others not listed before Friday so that I can get those dealt with!

Looking ahead, there are some possibilities:
    -A second region is planned, of course.
    -Level 100 may no longer be the maximum level.

I'll be updating the screenshots soon as well!

Back