• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition ? January 2016 [Entries]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • Map Making Competition – January 2016 [Entries]

Map Making Competition – January 2016 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". I will accept all Entries from December 23rd to January 31st. Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Snow! Anything with Snow will do! :P

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
    · No entries will be permitted after January 31st at 11:59 Pm Eastern time.
    · You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
    · Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

GET MAPPING!

Last edited:

GoldenKHRP

GoldenKHRP
    Years
  • Happy new year everyone!
    I can't help but notice that there hasn't been a new map for the contest. So I thought I'd break the ice. Hopefully there will be more maps because it would be a shame if this contest has to stop. Anyway, here is my map:

Map Name: Snow Plateau (route ...)
    Comments: The player enters the map from the cave in the south. The route slits into two directions, the right side goes to the city with the eight gym leader. the left side goes to victory road. The cave in the middle leads to the legendairy pokemon Regice. This pokemon will be catchable in the post game (after elite four)
    Credits: Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake. ChaoticCherryCake's tileset consist of tiles from multiple mappers. A complete list can be found here:
    https://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart....iles-367931482
    Rom Base: Fire Red (so also credits to gamefreak of course)
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

PS.: You might want to change the year of the post ;)

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Happy new year everyone!
    I can't help but notice that there hasn't been a new map for the contest. So I thought I'd break the ice. Hopefully there will be more maps because it would be a shame if this contest has to stop. Anyway, here is my map:

Map Name: Snow Plateau (route ...)
    Comments: The player enters the map from the cave in the south. The route slits into two directions, the right side goes to the city with the eight gym leader. the left side goes to victory road. The cave in the middle leads to the legendairy pokemon Regice. This pokemon will be catchable in the post game (after elite four)
    Credits: Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake. ChaoticCherryCake's tileset consist of tiles from multiple mappers. A complete list can be found here:
    https://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart....iles-367931482
    Rom Base: Fire Red (so also credits to gamefreak of course)
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

PS.: You might want to change the year of the post ;)

Thank you!

Only 8 days left to enter!!!

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Map Name: Biancavilla
    Comments: Biancavilla (White Town) is the original name for Pallet Town in the Italian Version, i made this for the Xmas version of my HackRom.
    Credits: Zein, RedEx, Sage, Zeo, RedKnightx, Kyledove, Nintendo, WesleyFG, Cope
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Map Name: Route 5X
    Comments: Simple snow route, nothing flashy nothing exotic, purely a simple route.
    Credits:
    Spoiler:

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 5X
    Comments: Simple snow route, nothing flashy nothing exotic, purely a simple route.
    Credits:
    Spoiler:

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Sorry, but the link is broken! :P

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
    Years
  • Map Name: Biancavilla
    Comments: Biancavilla (White Town) is the original name for Pallet Town in the Italian Version, i made this for the Xmas version of my HackRom.
    Credits: Zein, RedEx, Sage, Zeo, RedKnightx, Kyledove, Nintendo, WesleyFG, Cope
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

I really like how you made it snowy yet still colorful. Very visually appealing - well done!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Man, this one didn't get nearly the amount of entries as the last. I prepared a bit and got completely swept up with outside world stuff. The three entries are solid though. Good work you guys.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    I feel that maybe you should of included a patch with snow tiles in that anyone could of used to enter the competition, I feel a lot more people would have entered as not everyone knows how to insert tiles..
    Those are just my 2 cents.
    Hopefully more people enter next time!

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    I know im making this post after the deadline but I hope you can still accept it, if not then that's fine. the map is a little bit rushed but I tried to upload one as soon as I could

Map Name: none
    Comments: it's a city broken up into several different islands. the player can navigate south to access the island where the gym is located or go right to reach another island that leads to another route.
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

I'll update this post with credits as soon as i find them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back