• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    I hope this will be something that will be fun to do for awhile not just play with it for an hour then never touch it again. it would also be cool if there were tricks you could teach them. I basicly want the full nintendogs game in pokemon

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Metagross is smiling. He wants you to smile back.

...Which part is his face?

X marks the spot.

I wonder how this feature will affect our adventures, I already get attached to the pokemon over the course of the story....I wonder if this will make me even more attached.

Years
  • i really happy to see that pokemon-amie help pokemon in battle.
    since gen 2 we are hearing all the time that if love our pokemon be friend with them thats how they will reach their full potential. but it really didn't have any meaning, those words seems even more meaningless when gen 3 introduced EVs and IVs.

but now we really see our pokemon getting stronger if we will love.
    this is really a nice feature.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    first thing i thought of when i heard about pokemon-amie...........

.....gardevoir :P ......

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm guessing this new bonding system is how Eevee will evolve into Sylveon? It definitely gives me the Dream Eaters vibe from Dream Drop Distance, as interacting with them increases their strengths and EXP points, and I like to see how GF will implement that with Pokemon-Amie. What I do fear about this feature is the inevitable R34 images with furbait-material Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Zoroark (there's already distrubing images of the Machamp line with Pokemon-Amie on 4chan).

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I think that the feature is useless, but it looks fun anyways. There was a feature similar to it in Kingdom Hearts: DDD and I utilized it. When your bored the feature can be fun to use I guess.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's a bit early to be calling the feature useless, we don't know how strongly it affects battling yet.

We might find ourselves having to use pokemon amie or face consequences later on. (Pokemon feeling neglected might start to ignore your orders)

That would be kinda annoying but on the other hand it would make sense realistically.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I really don't think they'll limit the Pokemon one can use in Pokemon-Amie, since that certain Pokemon would/could have a disadvantage compared to one that can be fed and pet. Also, i don't think they'll go as far as ignoring your orders because you haven't played with them. Pokemon-Amie feels more like a minigame that grants you some kind of reward, but doesn't punish you if you don't use it. At least thats how it should work imo

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Pokemon-amie just seem to take on the system of Digimon World on ps1 and the recent sequel on PsP that come out on 3DS in the next days. Pokemon-amie is almost the same thing as a tamagotchi, since Digimon is pretty much based on tamagotchi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    crap feature. they shouldnt do it. they should use the extra space to add sometin moar usefull and better

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I love this feature! I'm already getting giddy thinking about it.
    Like another said, my biggest hope is that Pokemon with different natures behave differently, though. It would feel a little shallow if all Pokemon behaved completely the same.

It'll be amusing to see Pokemon like Starmie, Honedge and a couple other odd-looking Pokemon in Pokemon-amie. How does Honedge eat, exactly?

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I love this feature! I'm already getting giddy thinking about it.
    Like another said, my biggest hope is that Pokemon with different natures behave differently, though. It would feel a little shallow if all Pokemon behaved completely the same.

It'll be amusing to see Pokemon like Starmie, Honedge and a couple other odd-looking in Pokemon-amie. How does Honedge eat, exactly?

Maybe you put the food in the sheath and it turns it into energy.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wonder if you'll be able to buy toys and play with them with your pokemon, like in Nintendogs.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I think what I like most about this is that it makes the whole bonding system people were talking about and makes it a heck of a lot simpler. It's pretty simple interactions that don't seem to have their own stat or anything, just helps you interact and raise happiness (at least I'm assuming). Seems like a fun way to make the games seem more interactive and to really feel like your Pokémon are your companions, as opposed to a bunch of pixels in a game.

Back