• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
  • I - quite literally - cried with happiness when I saw this feature. ;W; This is something I've always wanted, ever since the beginning! I get attached to my Pokémon as-is, and with this feature I'll be able to have a bond with them! ;w;

Oh, so many feels.

The title is even more of a play-on-words than I've seen mentioned so far (if someone mentioned and I didn't see it, sorry! D: ):
    "Mon amie" is French for "my friend." (Feminine form)
    PokéMON-AMIE. They worked the whole phrase, not just "friend," into it! The French student in me is elated. 8D

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • Amie is probably one of the nicest things that could happen to pokemon games :) Its amazing and I'll use it as much as I can! I've also got a strange feeling we might get new Pikachu's split evolution using Pokemon Amie <--- Its just me maybe xD

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • PokéMON-AMIE. They worked the whole phrase, not just "friend," into it! The French student in me is elated. 8D

Somebody gets it! Most people didn't notice "Mon" was part of the wordplay!

It's so Clever!

The Follow me feature is graphically challenging to do and take time away from other features. Pokemon-amie allows us to interact with our friends in a separate view. They won't join us on the overworld map, but this is a good compromise.

I hope we can add riddons or something to make each one look unique!

Years
  • I'm interested in finding out how they integrate it into the game and make it truly operative...or whatever.

Thumbs up so far from me :)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Hmmm....I really like this feature, sure....but.....

I'm just trying to imagine using this feature with Pokemon like Mewtwo and Metagross.....do you think that they will limit which Pokemon can utilize certain things within Pokemon-Amie?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I'm way more excited for this than i should be, it looks awesome!! :D
    Seems like a pretty fun minigame concept, i hope it will help to raise EV'S

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This makes me sooooo happy. Like. I didn't get the chance for Petilil to follow me around, but now I can PET one. And FEED one. And PLAY with one. PLAYING WITH PETILIL. YOU GUYS. I'm never going to finish the game, I swear lol. I'll be so distracted by all this. ~_~

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Using the Pokémon-Amie feature the player was feeding their Pokémon what looked like a poffin, do you think they will be returning?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hope not. Making Poffins was rather annoying imo. It was more interactive than making Pokeblocks, but not as fun to me. I think that maybe they'll have some sort of new treat in these games.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I wish we could make our own food and buy it already made.
    The ''home-made'' food will have a success rate and the bigger the success rate the better while the bought ones will have a set success

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • ...I love this feature. I always wished that I could reward my pokemon when they do something right. For example, when all of my pokemon are dead but one, and it's an intense gym battle and my pokemon crits and wins it, then whoever landed the crit gets free macaroons! :D (And the rest gotta try harder)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Wait... you can interact with your pokemon? OMG FINALLY ;_; I have been waiting to this forever! Now I am even more excited about the games!

*___* ;.; *tears of joy*

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I'd rather just forcefeed my Pokemon medicine while it holds a Soothe Bell.. No matter.

If this helps get the friendship up fast, I'm all for it. That crap can get tedious.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I got the PokeMon-Amie thing right off. I thought the wordplay was fairly obvious the way the voice over said it. Plus, come on, when isn't anything localized in Pokemon wordplay or a pun?

Having said that, this feature is the only reason I even care again. I agree with everyone else who said it makes Pokemon more than monster shaped robots, and honestly I can't get behind the games when that's all they are.

I'm still skeptical overall about my enjoyment of the game as a whole, I dunno how far gone I am at this point, but I'll definitely try it at least to play around with this feature, and to see what effect it has on the game overall. It only makes sense to finally integrate how the Pokemon feel about things in a game titled Pokemon. I've never been interested in how Red/Blue/Purple/whoever and the wafer-thin NPCs feel. However, I can begin to care when I can feel a connection between Pokemon and trainer, something that feels real.

I'd love to see some character development in the creatures (outside Mystery Dungeon). It would be amazing if each Pokemon had their own personality based on their, well, personalities (or Natures, whatever). The way you have to bond with them would be different. Let's use Pikachu. A timid Pikachu would act differently than a Hardy one, and it would show in its actions. Effectively, you can have a few Pikachu that are all different from each other, which makes them all unique (or only as unique as there is a total number of Natures). However, the treatment of each would be different. What works for the Hardy Pikachu may not go over very well with the timid one.

This alone will add a LOT of depth to the creatures, something only seen in the anime and manga (and even then not always). How you bond with it in spite of or because of its nature, will become your own personal story. You're not just RPing a kid doing the same thing every other kid has been doing for the past 5 generations (sure, the way you went about it is all you, but still, only so many unique ways to talk about how you took down the Elite Four).

Pokemon are supposed to be your friends (not robots, not even pets, really), we've never really seen that beyond some empty dialouge. Just like you don't expect everyone you meet iRL to all act the same way, I'd really appreciate that with Pokemon within the same species. I'm probably wishing big, here, but I can't tell you how much I can't get enough of this sort of thing.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
  • I love this idea so much - it's awesome that Pokemon have become more than just: catch, battle, Elite Four and any other things you all do. It feels like this new twist will be something epic. Feeding your Pokemon Macaroons (which is more likely considering they have a French origin) and petting your favourite pokemon. Geez, I'm already grinning. xD
    Apparently, Pokemon-Amie helps boost the amount of times you land a critical hit and how many times you dodge - Not sure how that works but whatever xD

Last edited:
    Back