• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Batman: The Telltale Series Discussion Thread

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
With Season One of Batman: The Telltale Series recently concluded, I kind of wanted to start a thread to discuss it. In my opinion, it's amazing and quite possibly my favorite Telltale Game since Wallace & Grommit (Who remembers that, huh?) and I wanted to see who all shares my opinion, and maybe share some ideas and speculation. By the way quick warning...

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Great, now with that out of the way, allow me to propose an opening discussion, is anyone else disappointed with Vikki Vale's death? As she's leaving the old cathedral, she yells something along the lines of "This isn't over, Wayne! *Rocks start falling* Whelp, I guess it is then." SMASH!

To me it's a massive disappointment after her incredible character arc. Do any of you feel the same way?

ImMrRoboto

Years
It's extremely difficult to compare them, seeing how one is a Telltale Game, meaning it's choice based, whereas The Arkham Series is more of an action game. If I had to choose one, I suppose I'd have to say I prefer Arkham, but their both amazing.

More specifically, I think Telltale has better characters. Arkham's characters are awesome, but Telltale takes the already existing characters and builds upon them. Again, it's extremely difficult to compare the two, seeing how they're both in very different styles and game types. Arkham has better voice acting but they're both awesome. Telltale has better characters, but they're both awesome. In the end it kinda depends on what your preferred game type is.

There, was that vague enough?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
It's extremely difficult to compare them, seeing how one is a Telltale Game, meaning it's choice based, whereas The Arkham Series is more of an action game. If I had to choose one, I suppose I'd have to say I prefer Arkham, but their both amazing.

More specifically, I think Telltale has better characters. Arkham's characters are awesome, but Telltale takes the already existing characters and builds upon them. Again, it's extremely difficult to compare the two, seeing how they're both in very different styles and game types. Arkham has better voice acting but they're both awesome. Telltale has better characters, but they're both awesome. In the end it kinda depends on what your preferred game type is.

There, was that vague enough?

How long would you say it takes to get through each episode? Telltale Games are very hit-and-miss with me sometimes, such as some of those Minecraft episodes they release were pretty...short to say the least.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
They're all about an hour to an hour and a half long.

Gotcha. Well, considering the contents of your spoiler, do you actually think she is dead? I feel like it wouldn't be unlike Telltale to pull a GOTCHA on us by saying she narrowly escaped death haha.

ImMrRoboto

Years
I can see what you mean, but if she does come back, it probably won't be in the next season, because Telltale seems to be teasing Joker as the main villain. But it would be awesome if she came back in season 3.

Back