• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pt/HGSS] Reusable tm and deletable hm?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. Is it possible to make tm reusable? And hm deletable? Like what is possible for Fire Red.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Mind Crystal a Soul Silver hack did it but the source code is private currently.

Yes Indeed, it's because I played a bit this game that I was wondering if there was a tutorial how to do it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Meromero did actually release the source code for most of Mind Crystal's ASM changes, including the reusable TMs routine - it's all included in the download. There's a post in one of the Mind Crystal threads (either the one here or the Project Pokemon one) that hints at how to use the routines. IIRC to use it you need both a modified version of NSMBe, which is linked in that post, and the "arena offset" which is the RAM address that contains a pointer to the start of HGSS's variable RAM area (which is where the overlay files are loaded to when in use). The latter is very hard to find unless you're familiar with ASM.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Meromero did actually release the source code for most of Mind Crystal's ASM changes, including the reusable TMs routine - it's all included in the download. There's a post in one of the Mind Crystal threads (either the one here or the Project Pokemon one) that hints at how to use the routines. IIRC to use it you need both a modified version of NSMBe, which is linked in that post, and the "arena offset" which is the RAM address that contains a pointer to the start of HGSS's variable RAM area (which is where the overlay files are loaded to when in use). The latter is very hard to find unless you're familiar with ASM.

Thanks! I will check this out. But I guess I will probably not be able to do it since I'm not really familiar with ASM.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks! I will check this out. But I guess I will probably not be able to do it since I'm not really familiar with ASM.

No problem! Also it turns out the post I was referring to was actually here rather than in a Mind Crystal thread. Hope it helps!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
No problem! Also it turns out the post I was referring to was actually here rather than in a Mind Crystal thread. Hope it helps!

Yes thank you so much! But I have a problem running NSMB Editor :/ The same problem as this guy I think: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/4649-makefile-122-build-error-2/ I probably just don't do things right... (it's the error I have when trying to run "make and insert"
EDIT: nevermind I found it: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/4505-devkitpro-error/ (thanks to MeroMero again :D ).
At line 69 in the Makefile, you should see
ASFLAGS := -g $(ARCH)

Then replace
$(ARCH)

with
-march=armv5te -mtune=arm946e-s

and BLX instructions will be taken into account again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Ok so I tried to insert a asm routine (the 60fps from MindCrystal to be exact) into a french version of SoulSilver. I put the .s file into the source folder (of ASMPatch template-master) and when I try to make and insert, it looks like it worked BUT when I try to open the rom with a emulator, I have a white screen.. I found this: https://nsmbhd.net/thread/3723-solved-asm-hacks-crashes-my-game-lol/ the solution might be to delete nonintendo.cpp. That's what I did and I don't have anymore a white screen BUT a black screen instead hahahaha. I tried to delete the others files into the source folder to only have the 60fps.s file and the result is the same: black screen.
There is probably something I don't do right... Or did I miss a step? I didn't think it would be that hard to insert an asm routine :/ Maybe It's just to complicated for a noob and I should just give up haha.
EDIT: The thing I forgot about is the arena starting address I think (like mentioned above). I found this ( https://nsmbhd.net/thread/3023-how-to-find-arenaoffs/ ) but it's problably too complex for a noob like me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Got the patch working on a french SS rom, but Mero didnt mention that u need to edit the "arenaoffs.txt" in the ASM patchtemplate and change it to '020D2C5C'.

Now we just need the english offsets.

Last edited:
Back