• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Beauty and the Beast (2017) Discussion Thread

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Beauty and the Beast

Following their current track record, Beauty and the Beast becomes the most recent Disney blockbuster that has been converted from animation to live action. Belle, a young lover of books, becomes trapped in the castle of the Beast, a young prince who was transformed into a monstrosity do to his selfishness and greed. It's a tale as old as time - see what I did there? - and proves to be a possible hit with children today.

What do y'all this of this adaption? Would you see it? Why/why not? Have you gone and seen it? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? Feel free to discuss anything Beauty and the Beast related here!​

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I loved this so much! I was expecting it to fall short of my expectations - the animated version is one of my favourite Disney movies and this one has a lot of hype - but I'm so glad it didn't. From the very start everything just seemed so magical, they really captured the essence of the original and turned it into something more.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I loved this so much! I was expecting it to fall short of my expectations - the animated version is one of my favourite Disney movies and this one has a lot of hype - but I'm so glad it didn't. From the very start everything just seemed so magical, they really captured the essence of the original and turned it into something more.

Spoiler:

Glad you liked it! (: How did you think Emma Watson did overall as Belle?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I actually thought she did quite well! Could see a few of her personal influences on the character which I thought was pretty interesting.

See, my issue with her performance was that I felt like she was almost emotionless throughout the whole thing. She had the same expression on her face for most of the movie - I couldn't believe how expressionless she was during the Be Our Guest number, which was probably the most extravagant thing in the whole film.

I don't know, I just kindove felt like they could have done better with the Belle role overall. I like Emma Watson, but I don't think she had a very good performance in this film in particular /:

Years
  • Having just seen the movie a second time tonight, I can say that I definitely enjoyed the time I've spent seeing it. I myself liked Emma Watson as Belle, and one thing that I really liked was that it felt like there was so much going on and not much really felt out of place. So it was worth my time and I'm glad I got to see it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I thought it was visually stunning and I enjoyed Emma's performance! I also really liked all the little changes Josh mentioned, and I feel like they did a really good job of staying true to the original while fixing some of the plot holes/things that didn't make sense:
    Spoiler:

There's also some debate about the prince's age in the original, since the opening story says that the curse will last until his 21st year, but Lumiere later also says that they've been 'rusting for 10 years', which would mean the prince was cursed when he was like 10 or 11. Pretty cold of the enchantress to curse a child for not opening his door to a stranger, haha. But they made sure to depict him as an adult in the remake's opening, and removed Lumiere's line about rusting for 10 years.

These songs are also catchy as hell, I cannot get them out of my head.

Back