• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Season 4: Week 2

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday

Structure

The PokéCommunity League is PC's largest SM OU battling tournament with a focus on both competition and collaboration. Containing similarities to draft leagues, PCL pits four clans against each other in a round-robin format (Weeks 1-3). After tallying all the clan wins from the weekly rounds, the clans in 2nd and 3rd place face off in the semifinals, deciding who will be the one to take on the 1st place clan in the finals. The entire tournament takes five weeks to complete.

Each clan has a clan head. In addition to participating, their responsibilities include picking members for their clan, picking subs to replace their clan's inactive members, and overseeing the direction of their clan (e.g. helping their clan members practice). The current clan heads are Aurora, Christos, Dragon, and myself.

Lastly, auxiliary members are members who were too late to sign up as regular members. Instead, they are allowed to be drafted in clans with a less involved role. Clan heads coordinate when auxiliary members can replace one of the regular members for one week of their choosing (two weeks is required if the clan makes it to semifinals). However, the same member cannot be replaced by an auxiliary member twice in a row.

If you want to sign up, please use this thread. The thread is old at this point, but we still check it.

Rules

・Use PC's battle server.
    ・OU, Ubers, UU, RU, NU, PU, and LC of any generation are allowed for your battle if both you and your opponent agree to it. Avoid formats that aren't on the battle server (e.g. RBY LC). SM OU is the default format to fall back on.
    ・Best of three (win two battles to win the match-up)
    ・Post the replays in this thread.
    Scheduling guidelines
    ・No extensions

Match-Ups

The Lopunnites vs Ghosts of Perdition
    xD9lrqP.png
    lopunny vs wolf (1 2)
    noa vs FireSnow
    Rabinov vs 5qwerty

Tenacious Toxapex vs Brave Altaria
    H8Tujd4.png
    Aurora vs Dragon
    gimmepie vs Decidueye
    Nah vs Kostas

The deadline is Sunday, September 24th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Member Directory

Key: PC username / PS username(s) (not listed if same as PC) / time zone

Brave Altaria
    H8Tujd4.png

Head: Dragon (Aerithhh, Captain Syrup, Esper Terra, Futabaa Sakura) (GMT -4)
    Decidueye (ddrox13) (GMT -4)
    Kostas (Kwstaspaokara) (GMT +2)
    Auxiliary: N/A

Ghosts of Perdition
    xD9lrqP.png

Head: wolf (GMT -4)
    5qwerty (GMT -4)
    FireSnow (vsich4) (GMT -6)
    Auxiliary: Kevin Garrett (GMT -4)

The Lopunnites
    sdXlUrR.png

Head: lopunny (Choice Specs) (GMT -5)
    noa (Captain Noanoa, pureleine) (GMT -7)
    Rabinov (Arcaneum) (GMT +1)
    Auxiliary: TheGrimReaper666 (GMT +1)

Tenacious Toxapex
    TGPQabc.png

Head: Aurora (GMT +10)
    gimmepie (GMT +8)
    Nah (Zekrom52) (GMT -4)
    Auxiliary: N/A

Clan Member Replacements

Ida13 (Ida) (GMT -6)

Substitutes

Omicron (Carousels) (GMT -6)
    CUTIEFLY!!! (Mudkip) (GMT -4)
    Ras! (RasOriginal) (GMT +2)
    og (oh gee) (GMT -7)

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey all, please do not use Reflect or Light Screen with Aurora Veil. Surprisingly, PS has had inaccurate mechanics regarding these moves since SM's release. It allows them to stack, despite that failing in-game. This was recently fixed, but the update hasn't been applied to our server yet.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Chase and I decided to give you guys one extra day. Please try to get it done! Let me know if your laptop problems are preventing you from being able to battle, Shawn.

It does x:

I think I'll need a replacement...

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Chase and I decided to give you guys one extra day. Please try to get it done! Let me know if your laptop problems are preventing you from being able to battle, Shawn.

Sorry, GT was distracting me.

IN OTHER NEWS:

626yrqt.png

Sooooo..... Yeahhhhh.....

Actually, if there is one member of each team out, should I fight Aurora? Sounds like the Altaria are up 1-0 with 0 playable matches to go.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll give everyone extra time, up until Friday, September 29th at 11:59 PM GMT -4. Shawn and Aurora can choose a sub for himself and gimmepie, respectively, if they aren't confident that the matches will be completed before then. Or Shawn and Aurora can agree to allow Aurora vs Decidueye to happen, but that will result in a coin flip if Aurora wins (unless Dragon vs gimmepie can be done). Otherwise, I'll give the win to the users who aren't having PC problems.

Last edited:
    Back