• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Here is my writing sample, apologies if it's formatted poorly I typed it in a doc before hand
    Spoiler:

Name: Henry Astor

Appearance: Standing at 6'0 Henry has always been tall and thin for his age, and has well kept hair and blue eyes. He insists on being impeccably dressed no matter the occasion, after all if anything is worth doing it's worth doing with some style.

History: Growing up with an older brother who had won several major contests and a sister who had taken the Sinnoh League by storm and who was doing the same to the Battle Frontier currently meant Henry was frequently compared to them, so when it became time to take up Pokemon training he chose a quiet place where he could be judged by his own merits, and departed the Sinnoh region with his childhood Pokemon Ralts when he came of age

Personality: Henry was cocky bordering on arrogant, although part of this was to psyche out potential opponents, or bait them part of him really believed his own hype. Of course if you accused him of this he would respond how could he not, after all the work he puts in. He did however prefer to punch up rather than down, life was more exciting, and people tended to like you more if you did that. He was also a hard worker devoting significant time to training himself and his Pokemon. He was not a showy battler or a particularly smart one, preferring to dispense with the pleasantries and go for the throat right off the bat.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives: Henry seeks to step out of the shadows of his older, successful siblings and to establish himself, or at least hone his craft as a trainer in some out of the way place, and hopes to prove himself a skilled and daring trainer.

Pokemon: Ralts

Moves: Confusion, Growl

Nature: Bold

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Here is my writing sample, apologies if it's formatted poorly I typed it in a doc before hand
    most of us type in docs beforehand, I think! I've gotten into the habit of typing out bbcode formatting in the doc as I write somehow :P

First person is fun and you're absolutely welcome to use it! Just be aware that most others here use third person, so you might have to do some navigating on how joint posts will work. :)
    Name: Henry Astor
    Seems like a strong character; I'm into it. :D Now that I've seen him, I have follow-up questions. Since this is an RP and by its very nature, social and collaborative...

Which player character do you think he will get along with best & why?

Which do you think he dislikes most & why?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I'll do my post in third person just to keep it more consistent with everyone else.
    Seems like a strong character; I'm into it. :D Now that I've seen him, I have follow-up questions. Since this is an RP and by its very nature, social and collaborative...

Which player character do you think he will get along with best & why?

Which do you think he dislikes most & why?

Probably Freya or maybe Kira with their focus on battling and practical skills, and their general risk taking adventurous nature.

Dislikes? Graslan probably due to having completely opposite battling styles.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'll do my post in third person just to keep it more consistent with everyone else.

Probably Freya or maybe Kira with their focus on battling and practical skills, and their general risk taking adventurous nature.

Dislikes? Graslan probably due to having completely opposite battling styles.

Excellent! Here's the link to the Discord; let me know if it expires on ya~ https://discord.gg/wSqzeS

We do most of our communication through there! We are kind of in a slow patch at the moment but that gives us a great opportunity to figure out how to bring your character into the mix! I'm thinking he'll start on the morning of Day 3 & we'll have to talk about if you want a Pokémon from the first two locations :) But we can do that when you join us in there!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • MANAGEMENT UPDATES
    Freya Lundgren (Morganatri) is on hiatus.
    Graslan DePétale (ElBurrito) has retired.
    Henry Astor (Archimedes38) has been accepted!

Day 4 Gym Battle Schedule
    • 8:00am: Riley Blackwood
    • 11:00am: Kira Wolf
    • 1:00pm: Alice
    • 1:30pm: Arthur Weissmann
    • 2:00pm: Henry Astor
    • 3:00pm: Momo Kuchiki
    • 4:00pm: Edison Kintober (potential to change depending on when he gets out of jail)
    Let me know if you want to change your timeslot!

We'll be talking about Deidre's match soon but for now you kinda have three options to think about:
    1) you can do a showdown match vs me to determine win/loss and perhaps use the battle as a basis for what you write.
    2) i can give you guidelines on how deidre prefers to battle and you can kinda go for it on your own
    3) you can rp with me mostly-controlling deidre's team :)

You don't have to choose rn, but keep them in mind~ I'll be writing up stuff for Deidre's team and battle style shortly!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • YOUR FIRST GYM BATTLE
    Deidre has three Pokémon, but she will only use two per battle. You, the challenger, are also restricted to two Pokémon per battle. Only the challenger may switch.

Deidre leads with Murkrow (ability: Super Luck) (moves: Feint Attack / Aerial Ace / Peck / Wing Attack). Murkrow tends to come in fast and speed away after a hit. Remember that Feint Attack and Aerial Ace can not miss.

Her second Pokémon is either Poochyena or Mightyena, and they have the same ability (Quick Feet) and moveset. (Bite / Ice Fang / Thunder Fang / Fire Fang). They have to get very close to be effective, considering all their moves are bites. Remember the Fangs have 10% status chance and Bite has 30% flinch chance. Feel free to RNG those if you're on your own, or just. Choose to get a status condition idk.

Mightyena comes out for players who have at least one Pokémon that is level 18 or over. Otherwise, it'll be Poochyena.

Deidre is a blunt and straightforward person. She will become more enthusiastic about the battles as the day goes on and if you show her cool stuff! You also get to destroy the gym. It's coming down anyway, feel free to break it!

If you lose, you can challenge her in Vinylace before you take on the second gym leader.

If you win, you can have 5000 money (about $50) and a copy of TM27 - Thief. (Deidre: "I'm not tricky like that, so I've never used them. Maybe you can do something with it.")

If you're gonna need me to play a Showdown match or write with you, let me know!

Last edited:

GalarianPokefan

Boltund obsessed newbie has entered the room
    Years
  • Name: Kaya

Appearance: Long dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, white skin, slightly shorter than normal height- normally wears shorts, t-shirt and big hoodie.

History: Has lived in the region and town her whole life and only had holidays in this region. Family used to have. Growlithe but it died 7 years ago.

Interests/aspirations/motives: Wants to explore all the regions, see all regional variants and region exclusives and imagines riding a pokemon in air, land and sea. Likes drawing. Has a list of favourite pokemon. Wants a Boltund.

Personality: Is stubborn, hot headed, energetic, not very social and curious.

Partner pokemon: I really want them to have a Growlithe but if they need to have a 3-stage-evolution then Rookidee.

Nickname: If Growlithe: Taraki. If Rookidee: Rookie

Moveset: Im so stupid I can't find a moveset for a Growlithe. If Rookidee: Peck, Leer, Power trip.

Im new to all this so sorry if this is bad.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Name: Kaya

Appearance: Long dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, white skin, slightly shorter than normal height- normally wears shorts, t-shirt and big hoodie.

History: Has lived in the region and town her whole life and only had holidays in this region. Family used to have. Growlithe but it died 7 years ago.

Interests/aspirations/motives: Wants to explore all the regions, see all regional variants and region exclusives and imagines riding a pokemon in air, land and sea. Likes drawing. Has a list of favourite pokemon. Wants a Boltund.

Personality: Is stubborn, hot headed, energetic, not very social and curious.

Partner pokemon: I really want them to have a Growlithe but if they need to have a 3-stage-evolution then Rookidee.

Nickname: If Growlithe: Taraki. If Rookidee: Rookie

Moveset: Im so stupid I can't find a moveset for a Growlithe. If Rookidee: Peck, Leer, Power trip.

Im new to all this so sorry if this is bad.

Hi! Apologies, our thread tags aren's quite as up to date as they should be. This RP stagnated a while ago, so we brought the characters over to Hoenn: Square One (click here). If you would like to join there, read up on the changes/requirements/rules and then go ahead and fill out an SU using that template! Bulbapedia is a great resource for movesets if you're having trouble with that. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back