• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] BBC Code and Post Formats

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums and looking for a new writing home. I have been writing for a LONG time and would consider myself an advanced to novella level writer. I tend to put a lot of descriptions and details into my posts, and so I do love to use special formats and otherwise to better accentuate my posts as well. On previous forums I have found that I am one of the only ones who do this, but on these forums I noticed nearly every post has some degree of custom design and format. So my first question, is there an editor available on the site to make this easily useable, or could I ask what coding language is best used here on the forum pages as well as in private messages? I tend to use BBC Code and noticed that is not allowed here, as none of the coding registers.

Also, as a side question, is there an easy way to locate other players for One X One Storylines? I noticed without exception every thread on here appears to be group based storylines?

Any assistance would be fabulous!

Years
  • The code used for formatting here is really just bbcode/simplified CSS as far as I know. If you need help working it out feel free to DM myself or Adventure.

As far as one-to-one RP stuff, that's not very popular here but you might find some interest via this thread if you're lucky.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums and looking for a new writing home.
    Welcome, fellow formatter, and I hope you have a good time.

In general I can say that PC has very good support for special formatting, from the usual typography like bold and italics, to selection of typographic fonts and a few text block effects such as alignment, boxing and shadowing.

So my first question, is there an editor available on the site to make this easily useable, or could I ask what coding language is best used here on the forum pages as well as in private messages? I tend to use BBC Code and noticed that is not allowed here, as none of the coding registers.

From a more functional perspective: using the reply and post boxes on threads allows you to write BBCode directly, including the toolbar that will provide the most usual effects like size selection, bold and italics. If that is somehow not working, maybe it could be that you don't have enough posts here as of yet; or I'd check if your browser is not blocking anything in particular. We could, I hope, be of assistance.

On a more technical level I can say that the support that PokéCommunity has is an amped up version of BBCode, so your tags should be working; and at the same time a subset of the CSS3 standard (used to style web pages) in as much as it applies of "blocks of text" (we have special selectors "css-div" and "css-span" that apply CSS transformations to blocks of text).

On previous forums I have found that I am one of the only ones who do this, but on these forums I noticed nearly every post has some degree of custom design and format.

We are dedicated to both function and form here. But just in case, this site (as well as many others) do provide a "print mode" view with less effects so that things can be also made more accessible.

Also I miiiiiiight be biased (totally am not, I swear!) but I feel currently the only other site with a competing level of typographical customization for novella style stuff at this point of 2020 is Archive of Our Own, and that's saying something.

Other than that, seconding p much everything gimmepie says.

I hope you can get that lack of BBCode fixed, and btw once again welcome to the forums.

Back