• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shut up about your characters already!

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
  • I used to talk about mine a lot, but I try to avoid doing it too much anymore in bigger convos or forums/servers without doing it in something like DMs and being asked about it. I find that generally, talking about a character doesn't leave the same impression as a reader experiencing a character in reading time along with having to keep some plot points later a secret, which can get frustrating. But the bigger reason is I don't shut up when I start.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I will talk and talk forever but mostly to do with AU and far-future and likes and dislikes and NEVER about the things I'm planning for them in the story itself!! I keep so many secrets because the thing I want is for people to read and be surprised! I am very good at limiting what I say but it still gets a little frustrating when I can't say everything I want haha. But Loomie runs a nice little topic of the week thing in the Trainers RP server and that's mostly what-if type questions so that does give me some outlet for this kind of thing!

Years
  • I'm in a similar boat to you guys. I avoid discussing unfinished plot points like the plague but I love getting into hypotheticals and discussing characterisation and stuff like that. I really like hearing about other people's characters too.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel like that post title applies to me perfectly. I'm probably that one person who brings up his characters at every opportunity and just really likes to talk about them, or possibly even work on them with others! It's interesting and all but also not something I'm really proud of because it feels like I'm not caring enough about other characters in a Roleplay, or spoiling too much of their story. Though I will admit, keeping things as a surprise for others to read about is nearly as difficult as it is satisfying once you can finally reveal your plot <3

Years
  • I feel like that post title applies to me perfectly. I'm probably that one person who brings up his characters at every opportunity and just really likes to talk about them, or possibly even work on them with others! It's interesting and all but also not something I'm really proud of because it feels like I'm not caring enough about other characters in a Roleplay, or spoiling too much of their story. Though I will admit, keeping things as a surprise for others to read about is nearly as difficult as it is satisfying once you can finally reveal your plot <3

Nah, we know you like all the characters xD
    We all like hearing about yours as much as sharing about our own.

Don't mind me just speaking on behalf of everyone.

Back