• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon game has your highest playtime?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i don't know all my play times by heart, but it's probably emerald, diamond, black, and x. i know x is over 600 hours, which is hilarious when you consider i'm not a big xy fan. but i did a lot of breeding, shiny hunting, trading, and dex completing in that game. guess it makes sense when i give it context.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
Years
My original HeartGold save file is somewhere around 400hrs now. I still boot it up to use my Pokewalker :P

I can hardly remember what I did for so long... I think I just messed around and made my own challenges rather than shiny hunt or breed like most people.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Red & Blue... I have no idea how many times I have played through them but I guess the hours is in 1000s.

100s on Leaf Green as well.

Years
I believe I maxed out the timer on Pokemon X, but I've since transferred all of my Pokemon to Ultra Sun and reset it. My longest active timer is Ultra Sun at over 400 hours

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
pokémon emerald definitely - it's the first game i played, so the one i spent a lot of time on, being a child with no responsibilities, as well as being the one i replay the most because of nostalgia. i think pokémon mystery dungeon explorers of time/sky are a close second though, again being the ones i played a LOT as a kid

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
Alpha Sapphire by a very large margin. I've put in an estimated 650+ hours across a few different saves. A very small portion of that time comes from actually playing through the story, since I've done a shit ton of shiny hunting in Gen 6. The closest runner up I have would be Pokemon Y with just a couple hundred hours primarily from shiny hunting as well. I also started playing Pokemon with Sapphire on the GBA, so ORAS came along with a whole lot of nostalgia for me, leading to even more play time.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Probably Platinum or Soul Silver.
I spent the most time playing Platinum hunting for shinies. Sinnoh was such a good generation all the way around, so of course I played it to death. I also played a lot of Soul Silver for nostalgia purposes.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
For a single save file, HGSS. They're such good and charming remakes. I explored the hell out of Johto and Kanto. And did most side stuff like Silver battles and legendary encounters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Pokemon Y is maxed out at 999, Omega Ruby is at 900.

I think Y is probably close to 10,000 hours now

Last edited:
Back