• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jae's Tryhard Degenerate Corner - Part I (Kanto Dex Complete)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    137/142 blimey, I think we're close to having our first trainer to catch 'em all. What do you even have left to capture now bar region exclusives?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • 137/142 blimey, I think we're close to having our first trainer to catch 'em all. What do you even have left to capture now bar region exclusives?

- Blastoise (18 more candies)
    - Machamp (12 more candies)
    - Kabutops (35 more candies)... honestly have no strategies on how to tackle this one
    - Aerodactyl
    - Dragonite (47 more candies)

I'm sure there are a more here who either are done or closer, I just post more often.

VisualJae

Years
  • I'm rooting for you! Good luck with that Aerodactyl. 8)
    Got another Magmar instead.

I am so happy.

8/5/16: Not much worth updating about other than picking up four Dratinis over a short day of play, two of which involved serious manual tracking via the nearby list. Such a struggle without any aid.

This brings the Dragonite magic number down to 35 more candies (9 more Dratini captures). Solid chance of evolving my 91% IV rating Dragonair sometime on Monday.

I'm finally out of 10km eggs. Hatched so many the past three days and the only good thing to come out of them was a decent Lapras. The Magmar curse is hitting hard. Looks like this Aerodactyl will have to come from a chance encounter, barring I find more 10km eggs to lay my hopes.

Highlights:
    - Gained roughly 30,000 experience without using a Lucky Egg.
    - Halfway to my fourth Gyarados
    - Caught 4 Dratinis

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/6/16: Not much happened today either and I have other plans tomorrow so no Pokéhunting will be involved.

I was planning on using a Lucky Egg to boost EXP yesterday, but I ended up doing that today and gained approximately 53K's worth.

For some reason I've been wanting to keep another Wigglytuff so I accomplished that much.
    Spoiler:

The one on the left is the new one. Neither one have fantastic movesets, but it's not like I'll be using them for gyms much anyway.

I also evolved my perfect IV Bulbasaur into an Ivysaur. Looking forward to getting that 100% perfect Venusaur.
    Spoiler:

Lastly, I randomly caught this Magikarp.
    Spoiler:

At 97.8% perfect IVs (14/15/15), it's my best one yet. Hopefully when it becomes a Gyarados, it won't come with Twister like my two other 90%+ IV Gyarados.

Highlight(s):
    - Gained around 53,000 experience? ¯\(°_o)/¯
    - Sniped two more gyms for troll purposes? ¯\(°_o)/¯
    - Caught WAYYYY too many Eevees (sitting on 242 Eevee candies...)

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/8/16: Didn't have a whole lot of time over the weekend to search for Pokémon so I put in extra effort today. In my quest to complete my goals, I decided to visit a different park and boy was that a clutch decision.

I did not expect to be able to evolve my Dragonair as I started the day needing 35 Dratini candies (equivalent of nine Dratini captures). Instead, I ended up catching 12 Dratini in that park alone and 13 total for the day. At the same time, I managed to rack up at least 80 Magikarp captures (lifetime Magikarp captures stand at 356 now).

As a result, I got my Dragonite for the Dex entry:
    Spoiler:

Despite having a 91%+ IV rating, unfortunately it came with the worst charge move (both Dragon Claw and Hyper Beam would have been better). I do have a couple more high IV Dratini/Dragonair that I can eventually evolve.

In addition to Dragonite, two more Dex entries were added:
    Spoiler:

A total of three new Dex entries. Essentially I managed to complete my week's Dex goals except for obtaining Aerodactyl. It's all just a matter of luck now.

Lastly, I added the following to the team:
    Spoiler:

The new Nidoking has a 95%+ IV rating and came with the best moveset. This one is certainly worth powering up in the long run. Not much is going on with the two Exeggutor other than the fact that they're both better than the current two I already have. And as for the Gyarados... it's my fourth one overall and third with 90%+ IV rating (this one in particular has a rating of over 97%) that ended up with Twister. Freakin' Twister, man...

Only two available Pokémon left in the Dex to go... Kabutops and Aerodactyl.

Highlights:
    - Gained 58,200+ experience
    - Visited 275 PokéStops
    - Hatched 19 eggs
    - Caught 13 Dratini
    - Caught at least 80 Magikarp

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Daaang you've made a lot of progress once again! Very jealous of, well, everything here! Were the Blastoise and Machamp through evolving or through catching wild? Do you have a plan on how to catch the last two? They're both pretty tricky to find, I'll be curious to see how you manage it. I'm almost excited on your behalf for the Pokédex completion!

VisualJae

Years
  • Daaang you've made a lot of progress once again! Very jealous of, well, everything here! Were the Blastoise and Machamp through evolving or through catching wild? Do you have a plan on how to catch the last two? They're both pretty tricky to find, I'll be curious to see how you manage it. I'm almost excited on your behalf for the Pokédex completion!

Everything was evolved all the way from their first stages.

As for Kabutops and Aerodactyl... it's going to be pure luck for those. I might try revisiting areas that I've found Kabuto before, but that's a long shot. 10km eggs would help, but I'm not counting on them.

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/9/16: Not a whole lot to share other than the fact that I COULD HAVE completed the North American PokéDex today.

A Kabutops from a lure vanished when the lure expired, right before I got to click on it.

An Aerodactyl was nearby, but expired before I got the chance to get to the location.

At least I managed to catch two Kabutos to bump the candy requirement down to 23 (six more Kabuto captures to go). Motivation to keep searching tomorrow...

Meanwhile I managed to obtain my fourth Venusaur, this one with 100% perfect IVs, evolved from a Bulbasaur I hatched a little while ago.
    Spoiler:

And of course, the day after I work my butt off getting the last few Squirtles I need to evolve my Wartortle into a Blastoise, I catch a wild one. But its stats are abysmal. Oh well.
    Spoiler:

Highlights:
    - Gained about 43,000 experience
    - Hatched 16 eggs
    - Caught 2 Kabuto (need 6 more)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Poor Blastoise looks so awkward... Where did you find the Kabuto out of interest? I've never seen one and from what I understand they're incredibly rare so I'm wondering if you're around a nest and you could easily complete the Kabutops requirement back there? I'm certain you'd already know if you were or not because you're 500x better at this game than I could ever hope to be but hopefully you'll manage to find the last 6 around that area soon. Still rooting for you, going to be so proud when you've completed it fully!

VisualJae

Years
  • No nest. Just a lot of walking and running to different random places. Sometimes I run 1-2km in under 10 minutes just because I heard a Pokémon of interest showed up far away.

Also helps that there are a lot of people playing and word gets around really, really fast.

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/11/16: And then there was one...

I didn't play at all the day before, but I was anxious to get out there and find the last two remaining Pokémon in the North American PokéDex. With some luck on my side, I managed to obtain one of them:
    Spoiler:

It seemed really improbable, but I managed to hatch a Kabuto from a 10km egg, which helped a lot. But had it not been for a split moment decision to stay out during a thunderstorm and heavy rainfall, I would have missed out on two wild Kabuto encounters that pushed me over the 50 candy requirement for evolution.

Added bonus: this new Kabutops has an IV rating of 98% (14/15/15).

I was not able to obtain an Aerodactyl, but I do have four more 10km eggs incubating right now. One of them could be it...

In other news, I also managed to capture a near CP2000 wild Slowbro with 91% IV rating:
    Spoiler:

With a single throw: one Razz Berry, one Ultra Ball, excellent throw + curve ball bonuses.

Other highlights:
    - Gained about 89,000 experience (reached level 29)
    - Captured 188 Pokémon
    - Hatched 19 eggs (including two 10km eggs)
    - Visited 283 PokéStops (including 5,000th lifetime PokéStop)
    - Obtained 4 more 10km eggs
    - Captured 200th lifetime Eevee
    - Captured 4 more Dratini

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/12/16: Painful day. Ton of effort put in with little gain.

Aerodactyl, the last Pokémon I need to complete the North American Dex, continues to elude me. What made it worse was that I spotted its silhouette on my nearby list a tad too late. By the time I tracked it down, it showed on my screen for a millisecond, disappearing before I could react and click on it to engage.

This is actually the second time this happened to me. The first wild Aerodactyl I tried to engage did the same approximately two weeks ago.

But wait, there's more pain!

I hatched five 10km eggs today. Five. Five 10km eggs.

The results:
    - Onix
    - Eevee
    - Jynx
    - Eevee
    - Hitmonchan
    Eevees weren't even that great. More pain.

That makes for a grand total of 31 10km eggs hatched... so far. I still have two more incubating. Of the 31 eggs:

- 6x Magmar
    - 4x Onix
    - 4x Hitmonlee
    - 3x Hitmonchan
    - 3x Jynx
    - 3x Eevee
    - 2x Electabuzz
    - 2x Omanyte
    - 1x Chansey
    - 1x Pinsir
    - 1x Lapras
    - 1x Kabuto

...I've yet to hatch a Scyther, Aerodactyl, Snorlax or Dratini. While I would obviously prefer the Aerodactyl, I wouldn't even mind a Snorlax or Dratini for the candies. Scyther, however, not so much. Maybe save for a future Scizor.

I did evolve yet another Magikarp for my fifth Gyarados overall:
    Spoiler:

Other than 93% IV rating, nothing much going for it.

The hunt continues.

Highlights:
    - Gained about 72,800 experience
    - Caught 154 Pokémon
    - Hatched 23 eggs (5x 10km eggs)
    - Visited 294 PokéStops
    - Won 24 Gym battles (including soloing a level 7 Valor gym that included three CP2000+ Gyarados and a CP2000 Vaporeon)
    - Gold medal for Psychic achieved
    - Silver medal for Dragon Tamer achieved

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Blimey you're getting so high in levels I'm swooning! It must not be long until you hit level 30 now, when are you expecting that to finally happen? Glad to hear you found the Kabutops finally but sorry about the Aerodactyl - I'm sure you'll find one in no time given how quickly you found the last two haha. Have you any plans to gather up the other regional exclusives at any point?

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/15/16: Oh boy. Today was probably the epitome of bittersweet.

The bitter: I found an Aerodactyl, but it ran on me. Le sigh.
    CdImqRv.png

The sweet:
    Spoiler:

Caught it at that CP level. One Razz Berry. One Ultra Ball. Best offensive moveset. 84.4% IV rating (15/13/10). Instant add-on to the gym attacking team.

And I guess this Starmie's okay, too.
    Spoiler:

Also best offensive moveset. Caught wild at near maxed out CP. 91.1% IV rating (14/12/15).

Hatched my third Chansey and fourth Hitmonchan overall from two 10km eggs today. But! I still have yet one more 10km egg to hatch...

Highlights:
    - Gained 105,300+ experience (over halfway to level 30)
    - Caught 263 Pokémon (broke 4,000 lifetime captures)
    - Hatched 20 eggs
    - Visited 412 PokéStops (personal record)
    - Caught 15 Dratini and 1 Dragonair (almost ready to obtain another Dragonite)
    - Fewer than 20 Magikarps away from my sixth Gyarados...
    - Won 13 Gym battles
    - Silver medal for Depot Agent achieved

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/16/16: DONE

7X7cGmV.png

First thing in the morning, I caught the final Pokémon I needed for the North American PokéDex.
    Spoiler:

You little bastard. Eluded me so many times. This one happens to be laughably terrible in both stats and moveset. But you know what? It doesn't matter. A Dex entry is a Dex entry.

There was a missed opportunity today. I briefly mentioned that I was nearing another Dragonite. Today I picked up the few Dratini I needed to evolve my 89% IV rating Dragonair... which resulted in:
    Spoiler:

Named "Missed Opp" for what it is. If only that was Dragon Breath...

Since my main goal of completing the regional PokéDex is complete, I'll likely publish field journal updates at irregular frequencies from now on (rather than daily), updating only when there's something worth mentioning. With that, I'll leave a snapshot of the Pokémon I currently have at this moment in time:
    Spoiler:

And here's a snapshot of all the Pokémon I've caught to date (this was a cool little mini-project for me to look back on my progress):
    Spoiler:

My next "immediate" goal would probably be to hit level 30. After that, it'd probably be total casual play and looking for stronger Pokémon and travel to Europe, Asia and Australia for the regionals if/when the opportunities show up.

Phew, what a journey (so far!).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Weeeeeeeee, congrats Jae, very proud of you! :D It was a long journey but we all knew you'd get there in the end. How do you feel now that it's done? What're your plans going forward? Of course, it isn't truly finished until you find that Farfetch'd... ;)

VisualJae

Years
  • Thanks, all. I think I was more relieved than anything else. Just wanted to get it over with toward the end.

Weeeeeeeee, congrats Jae, very proud of you! :D It was a long journey but we all knew you'd get there in the end. How do you feel now that it's done? What're your plans going forward? Of course, it isn't truly finished until you find that Farfetch'd... ;)
    Now it's time to start building up monster teams, which I've already started doing...

8/17/16: First day post-Dex completion, I've started capturing quite literally everything I see in order to get that much needed experience for level 30. Also all the extra Stardust are going into my perfect or near perfect IV Pokémon. My main Dragonite is now almost CP3000 and I got my Nidoking past CP2000.
    Eux5jvu.png

But today was just... very odd (in a good way). So many rare/high-tier Pokémon just fell into my lap, namely a high CP Snorlax and a high CP/great IVs Exeggcute, which I promptly evolved into an Exeggutor.
    Spoiler:

On the other end of the spectrum, while still a rare find, is this VenusaurGarbagesaur. Zero—yes, zero—IVs in attack and had the nerve to roll Sludge Bomb instead of Solar Beam.
    Spoiler:

I catch way too many wild Venusaur and Blastoise. Where are the wild Charizard?

And we all know how much I've struggled with Aerodactyl down the line. This game is just a huge troll. A day after I finally get my hands on an Aerodactyl, I catch TWO more in the same day. What in the actual @#$%.
    Spoiler:

Both have IV ratings above 75% and the lower CP one actually has the best moveset for an Aerodactyl. The other one... not so much.

Lastly, I evolved a few high IV Pokémon to their final stages, including my sixth Gyarados:
    Spoiler:

Six Gyarados in... still none with Hydro Pump, which means more Magikarp fishing for me. The Gyarados has an IV rating of 87%. I'm pretty content with the new Golem, which has arguably the best offensive moveset (could sub Stone Edge for Earthquake) and has an IV rating of 84%. The Alakazam, my second overall, despite having an IV rating of 93%, failed to roll Psycho Cut. Still not bad, but it's not like Alakazam is competitive in Pokémon GO anyway.

Other highlights:
    - Gained about 79,700 experience
    - Caught 235 Pokémon
    - Hatched 10 eggs
    - Visited 201 PokéStops (broke 6,000 PokéStops visited lifetime)
    - Won 13 Gym battles and claimed four gyms

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/18/16: Completing my goals with speed. The big two for today involved reaching level 30 and getting my first Pokémon over CP3000.

GtzEd2d.jpg
    4qLxUu0.png

Updated the main post with the current team I'm rolling with:
    Spoiler:

Not a whole lot else happened other than burning off countless Poké Balls just capturing as many Pokémon as I could in order to get the much-needed experience.

Notable captures included another Snorlax and Lapras, but both were such low CP that they had no better roles than to go to the candy blender. Well, I did keep the Lapras, but there's really not a lot going on with it:
    Spoiler:

I also stumbled across another Porygon (fourth overall). I understand it's pretty rare, but I didn't expect so many people to swarm upon it as I usually see in the cases of Snorlax, Lapras, Chansey and the like:
    Spoiler:

FortunatelyUnfortunately, no one fell in the pond.

Highlights:
    - Gained 88,300+ experience and reached level 30
    - Caught 261 Pokémon
    - Visited 253 PokéStops
    - Prestige trained 13 times, including trying to solo a CP1800 Vaporeon, CP2000 Snorlax and CP2200 Dragonite with just my one CP3000 Dragonite
    - Gold medal for Ruin Maniac achieved

VisualJae

Years
  • 8/31/16: Been a while since the last update. I've been traveling for the past week and a half, namely through the Australian Gold Coast and parts of Taiwan.

I wasn't able to play a whole lot due to the nature of the trips, but I'm pleased to have obtained at least one region-exclusive!
    Spoiler:

I asked some of the locals and, not really surprising to me, Kangaskhan isn't easy to find there. I was only able to obtain this one before I had to leave. A Dex entry is a Dex entry.

I was not able to find a Farfetch'd, but I do plan on visiting Asia again sometime in the beginning of next year. I'm setting off for France at the end of September, so hopefully I'll be able to spot a Mr. Mime then.

In other news, I added a few more Pokémon to the lineup, highlighted by a splendid 96% IV Exeggutor (15/15/13) caught as a wild CP904 Exeggcute.
    Spoiler:

Also obtained my third Dragonite (91% IV), but its moveset still leaves a lot to be desired. The Snorlax (82% IV) is probably the most well-balanced one I have so far, so I invested some candy and dust to bring it up to battle level.

Other highlights:
    - Crossed 5,000+ lifetime Pokémon captures
    - Crossed 200+ Gym battles won and 200+ Gyms trained
    - Gold medal for Kindler achieved

Back