• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jae's Tryhard Degenerate Corner - Part I (Kanto Dex Complete)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    7/22/16: Spent a lot of time outside since I was working remotely today. Picked up evolutions I did not expect to achieve so soon, so that was a surprise.

Three new Dex entries, two via evolution:
    Spoiler:

Also evolved some existing Pokémon (no new entries), including my second CP2000+ Vaporeon:
    Spoiler:

In case you couldn't tell, I was in an Eevee hotspot.

Highlights:
    - Gained 92,800+ EXP
    - Hatched 11 eggs
    - Caught 233 Pokémon
    - Evolved 45 Pokémon
    - Visited 170 PokéStops

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Dying at Vileplume's name and so dang jealous that you have one. Jeeeeze you make so much progress every day I don't get it .-. Very nice job on all the Pokémon and eggs you managed to go through - how often do you have to replenish your Pokéball stock when you're catching this much stuff?

VisualJae

Years
    Dying at Vileplume's name and so dang jealous that you have one. Jeeeeze you make so much progress every day I don't get it .-. Very nice job on all the Pokémon and eggs you managed to go through - how often do you have to replenish your Pokéball stock when you're catching this much stuff?
    I just listen closely to people I know where nearby hotspots are and just camp there for most of the day. For example, the place I went to today is known for Dratinis periodically showing up and I've been looking for one. But I was also treated to the surprise of how many Nidoran♀ and Oddish show up over time, which is how I obtained over 50 candies of each to jumpstart evolutions.

As for replenishing Poké Balls, the places are hotspots for a reason. Usually there are at least a dozen or more PokéStops within an area that can be covered by foot in reasonable time. That's how I end up accumulating 100-200 visited PokéStops a day in the profile section.

My stock's at a very low point, for my personal tastes. Sitting on 24 Poké Balls, 15 Great Balls and 39 Ultra Balls. Usually I have around 100+ Poké Balls and 50+ Great Balls. Main reason is that I caught a lot of Weedles, Caterpies and Pidgeys today for bulk evolution/Lucky Egg combo. I'll probably replenish them tomorrow when I head out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    You find that just visiting lots of PokéStops gives you enough balls? Do you tend to ignore the weaker things (obviously bar today's evolution bunch) to save balls or do you catch everything? I find that so bizarre. Granted I don't live in an area with many stops so I'm definitely missing out but it feels strange that you'd have a sustainable supply just from those. If that's the case then I'm visiting the city more - had to top up using coins twice already :x

VisualJae

Years
    While most PokéStops—limited sample size—give anywhere from 1-3 balls, or sometimes none, there are times when a PokéStop can drop 6-7 items. They add up. Even if I only got one ball for each stop, that's still 100-200 balls obtained.

Since I caught over 200 Pokémon today—and obviously not all of them were caught with one throw—that's why I'm at a deficit in supply. But generally the balls I get from the PokéStops I visit are enough.

Mind you, the small fry I catch are only Weedle, Caterpie and Pidgey since they cost the least to evolve (12). I ignore everything else unless I somehow ended up with enough candy for evolution (usually from hatching eggs).

If you want a leg up, I would highly recommend visiting hotspots. Cities tend to be full of them due to tourist attractions, landmarks, etc. You won't even have to use a single lure since it's very likely other people will be using them already.

VisualJae

Years
    7/23/16: Today was a physically painful day, but it was a ridiculously productive day. I don't know how much I walked in total, but all I know is that I've covered parks, islands, streets, suburbs and pretty much everything in between. What resulted was nine new Dex entries and evolutions I didn't expect to achieve so soon.

All the self-assigned goals for this week have now been accomplished.

New Dex entries:
    Spoiler:

After two weeks without seeing a single Dratini, I've now caught 10 in the last two days.

I also have some odd luck with wild Venusaur encounters. The last one I got was at an abysmal CP455. But this one really takes the cake:
    Spoiler:

Fortunately I'm close to manually evolving my CP1000+ Ivysaur.

I also managed to obtain approximately 160 Magikarp candies, bringing me within 6 captures for a Gyarados:
    Spoiler:

I've been checking the Magikarps I capture and it turns out the one I currently have is in the 91-94% CP perfection range. I'll take that.

Other highlights:
    - Gained 89,000 experience
    - Caught 203 Pokémon
    - Visited 286 PokéStops
    - Caught over 40 Magikarps
    - Hatched 14 eggs, including an Omanyte, bringing me within one more to obtain an Omastar

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ahah your names really crack me up and so does that poor Venusaur. If you're already on 127 then blimey you're getting close to finishing. What's your plan to reach 142 taking into account the regional exclusives? Or knowing you you probably already have those somehow... ;P

VisualJae

Years
    7/25/16: Nothing too crazy today, though progress was made nonetheless. Took Sunday off to relax. Set up goals for the week and managed to knock two off the list already.

Spoiler:

Also managed to end the curse of terrible Venusaurs by evolving a higher level Ivysaur I've been keeping:
    Spoiler:

Now if only I could obtain Charmanders and Squirtles at the same rate that I obtain Bulbasaurs...

Highlights:
    - Gained 37,700+ experience
    - Hatched 10 eggs
    - Visited 126 PokéStops

VisualJae

Years
    7/26/16: Did some further testing on my Magikarp I'm preparing to evolve, so it cost me some dust and candies (was within two Magikarp captures, but dropped it back down to six). It still should be in the 91-94% perfection range, so that's settled. Once I get enough candy, that's the one I'll be evolving (currently CP190, which should translate to a Gyarados at roughly CP1800-1900 at the very least).

Other than that, didn't do a whole lot, but still managed to accomplish another goal for the week, plus added a rather beefy Poliwrath that's stronger than my previous one.
    Spoiler:

Highlights:
    - Gained 44,000+ experience
    - Captured 97 Pokémon
    - Visited 141 PokéStops
    - Hatched 16 eggs
    - Latest 10km egg spawned my third Hitmonlee... but promptly received another 10km egg, so hopefully I'll get something new in there (Aerodactyl, please?)

I think I'll take some time tomorrow after work to finalize this Magikarp campaign. Eager to see how this Gyarados will turn out.

VisualJae

Years
    7/27/16: Staying true to my words...
    I think I'll take some time tomorrow after work to finalize this Magikarp campaign. Eager to see how this Gyarados will turn out.
    ...I went out to obtain the last few Magikarps I needed to evolve mine into a Gyarados.
    Spoiler:

I originally needed six Magikarps' worth of candies to trigger the evolution, but I ended up catching around 30 tonight. While the CP is fantastic on this Gyarados, the secondary move is the worst.

But you know what? Somehow I managed to catch a wild Gyarados right after I evolved my first.
    Spoiler:

It started around CP900 and I ended up dumping all my remaining Stardust into this one. Based on calculations, its CP perfection is at 80%. Not the ~93% of my first one, but this Gyarados' moveset makes up for it.

I also added two more Dex entries in the likes of these guys.
    Spoiler:

By the way, is this Raichu model female? The lightning bolt part of the tail looks smaller. But that's odd... the Pikachu it evolved from didn't have a heart tail ~_~

All in all, pleased with the progress today other than the fact that a wild Aerodactyl eluded me and my latest 10km egg gave me an unwelcome Jynx.

Other highlights:
    - Gained 45,700 experience
    - Caught 113 Pokémon
    - Visited 181 PokéStops
    - Hatched 11 eggs
    - Caught 4 Dratini

VisualJae

Years
    7/29/16: Not much progress the last two days due to poor weather, work, and other life obligations. As a result, no new goals were accomplished, though a little bit of progress was made in terms of candies for eventual evolution.

It was a very strange day in terms of Electabuzz... very, very strange.
    Spoiler:

I ended up catching five and ignored others that showed up after that point.

I did keep one, and added a new Golem with about an 89% perfection rating:
    Spoiler:

But by far the most terrible of times occurred for me today. All this time playing Pokémon GO and I've never had a saltier, more bitter moment...
    Spoiler:

FEEL MY SALTY PAIN.

I ran 1.1 miles (1.8 km) in less than 7 minutes through the busy streets of NYC just to get to this guy, only to have it mock me with CP???, eat 25 Razz Berries and 25 Ultra Balls, and rudely leave in a puff of smoke.

THE PAIN.

...But I did catch a fantastic Magikarp (93% perfection):
    Spoiler:

:|

Other highlights:
    - Gained 52,410 experience
    - Caught 131 Pokémon
    - Visited 273 PokéStops
    - Caught 5 more Dratinis

VisualJae

Years
    8/1/16: I did not play over the weekend, so I put in an honest effort today. Long story short, I wasn't able to complete all my self-assigned goals, but I was able to gain a lot of ground on the few remaining evolutions I still need to go through.

Aerodactyl continues to elude me, despite hatching three 10km eggs the past week. Lord Helix has evolved, though.
    Spoiler:

And as seen here, I managed to pick up a new Dragonair, this time with 91% perfect IVs. I doubt I'll be able to find a better one anytime soon, so this will be the one to evolve when the time comes... which should yield a Dragonite around CP2500 to start and cap around 2700 at my current level.

Other highlights:
    - Gained 93,700+ experience
    - Reached level 27
    - Caught 242 Pokémon
    - Hatched 15 eggs
    - Visited 330 PokéStops
    - Caught 30+ Magikarp
    - Caught 12 Charmander
    - Caught 4 Dratini

Years
    Incredible progress. You're getting awfully close to temporary Pokedex goals...

Feel for you on that Dragonite. It hasn't happened to me yet. But I do not look forward to the sickening feeling when it inevitably comes.

VisualJae

Years
    8/2/16: Played a lot. Dex progress-wise, I wouldn't say I got too far. But I caught a lot stuff, evolved a lot of stuff, hatched a lot of eggs, meaning... I gained a lot of experience.

One new Dex entry:
    Spoiler:

I'm not joking about evolving a lot of stuff, by the way...
    Spoiler:

RIP Stardust getting that new Vaporeon to combat standards. It has a 87% IV rating. Had to make use of it. Honorable mentions go to the Cloyster with 96% IV rating (15/14/14), Rapidash with 98% IV rating (14/15/15), and Gyarados with 93% IV rating (13/14/15 - THANKS AGAIN, TWISTER).

Hatched two 10km eggs. One was yet another accursed Hitmonchan (now 3x Hitmonlee and 2x Hitmonchan from 10km eggs). The other was a 80% IV rating Lapras:
    Spoiler:

It'll have to do for now.

Other highlights:
    - Gained 125,000+ experience o_O
    - Caught 275 Pokémon
    - Evolved 53 Pokémon
    - Hatched 27 eggs
    - Visited 356 PokéStops
    - Prestige trained 26 times
    - Claimed 3 gyms
    - Caught 40+ Magikarp
    - Caught 30+ Eevee

VisualJae

Years
    8/3/16: Desperate times called for desperate measures. Spent a lot of time around a Charmander nest to capture enough to obtain a Charizard.

Two new Dex entries, actually, meaning the Kanto PokéDex is now over 90% complete (96.5% excluding legendaries, Ditto and region-exclusives):
    Spoiler:

Also added several stronger Pokémon to the roster (IV-wise), replacing older ones that were evolved solely for Dex entries:
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately the new Gengar's moveset isn't quite desirable. And yes, I have a lot of Bellsprout candies.

Lastly, managed to bump into this thing:
    Spoiler:

I already have one, so I wasn't particularly amped up about the encounter.

I was excited about this encounter, though:
    Spoiler:

Significant progress was made for other goals of the week:
    - Need 6 more Squirtle captures to obtain a Blastoise
    - Need 4 more Machop captures to obtain a Machamp
    - Need 13 more Dratini captures to obtain a Dragonite

Was hoping for some good news in the 10km egg department, but the latest one spawned a Magmar, which was promptly converted to candy. Fortunately, I managed to pick up two more 10km eggs, so fingers are tightly crossed for those.

Other highlights:
    - Gained 95,,400+ experience
    - Captured 220 Pokémon
    - Passed 3,000 lifetime captures
    - Evolved 36 Pokémon
    - Hatched 28 eggs
    - Visited 380 PokéStops
    - Captured 16 Charmander

Last edited:

VisualJae

Years
    8/4/16: Not too much progress. Main goal for the day was to hatch eggs, pick up some more candies (which I did), and get enough experience to hit level 28.

Yesterday's 10km egg was a huge disappointment. Two more in my inventory waiting to hatch at the start of the day.

...And got another disappointment in the form of Pinsir. Here's to the next 10km egg about 6km away from hatching.

Highlights:
    - Gained 53,000+ experience and hit level 28
    - Caught 121 Pokémon
    - Hatched 13 eggs
    - Visited 160 PokéStops, pushing me past 4,000 lifetime PokéStops
    - Caught 21 Eevees...
    - Claimed 5 gyms, though only turned in the rewards for the first two

Back