• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
  • I have updated my Nice Lookin' Pokegear Script to have an arrow cursor and some buttons which look as though they are being pressed.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • This happens everytime i walk around the pokemart, the game freezes and this message pops up:

undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass
    Game_Map*:300:in `terrain_tag'
    Game_Map*:296:in `each'
    Game_Map*:296:in `terrain_tag'
    Spriteset_Map:78:in `update'
    Spriteset_Map:232:in `_animationSprite_update'
    Spriteset_Map:231:in `each'
    Spriteset_Map:231:in `_animationSprite_update'
    AnimationSprite:128:in `update'
    Scene_Map:49:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:43:in `each'
    Scene_Map:43:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:109:in `update'
    Scene_Map:64:in `main'
    Scene_Map:61:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'
    Main:56:in `mainFunction'
    Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:59:in `mainFunction'
    Main:63
    Main:62:in `loop'
    Main:71

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    A new release is available.

Moved background music code to PokemonUtilities and made
    music event commands work with that code.
    Added more battle sounds
    Made tileset editor more reliable with RPGXP.
    Added Pokeball graphics and catch animations
    Replaced encounter editor with a much more versatile visual
    editor
    New look for Pokegear thanks to OblivionMew
    Fixed bug where wrong base EXP values were used
    Improved path functions in animation editor

The next release will see more graphical improvements in battle
    and likely support for the phone.

Added: PokemonEditor
    Changed: PokemonMap
    Changed: PokeBattle_Pokemon
    Changed: PokemonDayCare
    Changed: PokemonPokedex
    Changed: PokemonAnimEditor
    Changed: PokeBattle_MoveEffects
    Changed: PBIntl
    Changed: Pokegear
    Changed: EventScene
    Changed: PokemonField
    Changed: PokemonSave
    Changed: Game_Map*
    Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
    Changed: PokemonTrainers
    Changed: PokemonTilesetEditor
    Changed: PBMoves
    Changed: Compiler
    Changed: PBAnimation
    Changed: PokemonEvolution
    Changed: Game_Character 1
    Changed: PokemonMessages
    Changed: PokemonSummary
    Changed: SpriteWindow
    Changed: PokemonUtilities
    Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
    Changed: PokemonItems
    Changed: PokemonStorage
    Changed: PokemonDebug

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    hey great work just downloaded lastest release... the game freezes when i get the rod.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Hey Poccil, can you tell me whether the new Battle Animations in the Database can be used or do you still have to use the anim editor (which keeps crashing on me)

*EDIT* Also I can't get the time based encounters to work. I've tried a few combinations, including not having a Land section and placing the LandMorning etc sections right underneath the Land section but no joy. For each different way I put it I get an error, usually about the length of the previous entries. Does anyone have any clues?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    hi can I have a nice picture of the pokedex that I can use in my game? And can you remove this black end?

(Sorry if I was rude)

And every time I want to save an error comes to me...

The Send and don't send part!!!!! And when I want to load this part show:

undefined method `setMapChanged' for "":String
    PokemonLoad:194:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PokemonLoad:173:in `open'
    PokemonLoad:173:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PokemonLoad:142:in `loop'
    PokemonLoad:210:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    Scene_Intro:121:in `to_title_update'
    Scene_Intro:55:in `main'
    Main:56:in `mainFunction'
    Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:59:in `mainFunction'
    Main:63
    Main:62:in `loop'
    Main:71

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I have problem.
    problemlb9.png

mad.array

Years
  • Hey Venom12. There are three main suspects as far as I can see.

Trainer type not defined in trainernames.txt

Error with trainer info in trainers.txt

A syntax or other error in the map event.

The map event should call something like this:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::HIPPY,"Nillson",_I("Not only did I not crash, but I didn't win either!"))

Nillson would be replaced with whatever your leaders name is (the one you defined in trainers.txt). You must also make sure that you have the trainer type (in my case HIPPY) defined in trainernames.txt, which may look something like this:

83,HIPPY,Hippy,50,Hippy.mid,HippyVictory.mid

Ok, the first three fields are required. Field one is the internal number used by the game to recognise this trainer (and find their sprite), field two is used to reference the trainer type from the script (as above with Nillson), field three is the trainer type that appears during the game (Hippy, Picknicker, Alien, Cheese monster).

After that the other three are optional. The fourth field is for calculating money received (multiply the value by the highest level pokemon in that trainers squad), the fifth and six are for custom battle music and custom victory music.

I'm sorry if any of that was confusing.

If you're still stuck try posting the event info and the txt files.

Sorry if that didn't help.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Guys, don't post here. PM poccil, he doesn't have time for this thread. He said it himself.

mad.array

Years
  • That doesn't necessarily mean that the thread is useless. Poccil said that he wouldn't have chance to check the thread very often, but that doesn't mean the other people who come on here can't help each other. I hope I've just helped Venom12 solve their problem and if I have, it's one less PM for Poccil to read (God knows he's probably got tons anyway).

I realise I addressed my previous question about time based encounters at Poccil in particular, but it is open to anybody who comes on here.

Anyway, back to the creation process :)

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I'm going to aim this question at Poccil, but if you feel you know the answer, feel free to say what you think it is.

What's the point of a particle system in a Pokemon game? Specifically, in a 2D Pokemon game. There are some in the platform ones, but why put it in a starter kit for 2D games? It seems very un-pokemon-ish. I'm just wondering, because I may be about to switch back to my old computer, which has 512 MB of RAM, and the particle system, as well as several other things, will make it about as fast as molasses on a snowy day. (Sorry for the colloquialism, I just thought it was a very apt description)

Also, the starter kit is progressing very well, but I have a problem with the current advancements. Specifically, why work on relatively unnecessary frills like animations when other things, like scripted systems, will actually need to be done beforehand, as well as fully tested.

Also, since you seem to be somewhat proficient at making .exe programs, why not build battle editors, as well as other programs that will create the system files necessary for the game. I'm just suggesting this because it seems the majority of the messages in this thread (and of your PMs) is made up of people who did not completely follow directions, and thus need help on fixing their problems. If you had an .exe to build and then compile these files, it would probably make things much simpler.

Finally, to those who see that the second and third paragraphs are quite obviously aimed at Poccil alone, I bring up this point: Poccil said that he would not be able to visit this thread very often. That means that every once in a while, he will see it. This thread won't have enough visits from Poccil to warrant it being a troubleshooting thread, but suggestions don't need to be responded to immediately, and can always wait a while.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • Hello people im new to Pokecommunity but not to RPG maker 2k3\Xp, anyway i downloaded this starter kit and im having a few problems. Before i reveal my problems i want to say i am using RPG maker XP Postility Knights edition (only free one i could find) any way i download the dll needed.......also i tried to open the starter kit up in RMXP and got an error saying "Project could not be read due incompatiblity between software" but thats not the problem(copied my project Rgss player and the RPGXP prject file over the ones in the Starter Kit and it loaded up fine) My problem is I started creating a new map and when i try to test play the screen pops up for a sec. then disappears and doesnt say anything! Do I have to add some code in order to add new maps ?? Thanks for anyone willing to help !

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Hello people im new to Pokecommunity but not to RPG maker 2k3\Xp, anyway i downloaded this starter kit and im having a few problems. Before i reveal my problems i want to say i am using RPG maker XP Postility Knights edition (only free one i could find) any way i download the dll needed.......also i tried to open the starter kit up in RMXP and got an error saying "Project could not be read due incompatiblity between software" but thats not the problem(copied my project Rgss player and the RPGXP prject file over the ones in the Starter Kit and it loaded up fine) My problem is I started creating a new map and when i try to test play the screen pops up for a sec. then disappears and doesnt say anything! Do I have to add some code in order to add new maps ?? Thanks for anyone willing to help !

You do know that Postality Knights is Illegal right? And that now you have said you are using it you won't be getting much support?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back