• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    How do I encounter a specific pokemon.

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited:

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • I have a small problem when I connect a Map to another and it has water connected how come when you surf over connection point its as if its Land and you hop over then you have to surf again ? Anyway to fix this ?

(Axibar it tells you how in the notes)

Atomic Reactor

@axibar: all i did to encounter a certain pokemon was copy and paste the hidden keckleon event from the test map.
    then i just deleted everything having to do with the devon scope and stuff.
    then edit it so instead of keckleon, type in whatever pokemon you want to fight. make sure its in all caps. then replace "30" with whatever level you want it to be.
    hope this helps! =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    When i set my trainer up like this i get an error message, any one know why that is?

NINJABOY
    Kai
    ZUBAT,6,LEECHLIFE,POISONSTING

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • @Shiz-Nax: This is the setup for trainers, your getting an error message because where you have the moves right after the level of the pokemon is the reason you get the error. Read this, you should be able to figure it out afterwards.

LEADER_Jasmine # Internal name of the trainer type
    Whitney # Trainer's name and a number to identify the party (0-255), since this Trainer is listed multiple times in this file
    1,FULLRESTORE,FULLRESTORE # Number of Pokemon, followed optionally by a comma separated list of up to four items.

(There are also advanced ways to create the Trainers Pokemon, such as the following. Steelix is Level 22 with 20 IVs, it's holding a Sitrus
    Berry and knows Sandstorm, Iron Tail, Iron Defense, and Earthquake.)

STEELIX,22,20,SITRUSBERRY,SANDSTORM,IRONTAIL,IRONDEFENSE,EARTHQUAKE

So instead of you having :

NINJABOY
    Kai
    ZUBAT,6,LEECHLIFE,POISONSTING

It would actually setup like this:

NINJABOY
    Kai
    ZUBAT,6,,LEECHLIFE,POISONSTING

The only difference as an extra comma, but the example up above is to show you that in the first coloumn is where the Pokemon's name is, then the level, then IV's, then the list of moves. I hope this helps you out.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Well I haven't had any luck with the time based encounters, but I've been looking around at something else.

I've been looking at expanding the SurfingPikachu example given by Poccil earlier in the post so that it contained a custom front sprite. I know that I need to set a new property such as pkmn.unique and then add a new section in the draw sprite section. However this code is more complex than Einstein suffering from paranoia so I haven't had much luck with that either :(.

Does anyone have any ideas?

sprugles555

L Spriter, Advanced RMXP User
    Years
  • Help!

Every time i make a new trianer it comes up with an error saying it can't find the trainer in the trainer data file wheni have edited the PBS trainers.txt and added my trainer!

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    Every time i make a new trianer it comes up with an error saying it can't find the trainer in the trainer data file wheni have edited the PBS trainers.txt and added my trainer!

Just go into the debug menu and choose "compile data"....

Day night encounter problem:
    Day and night encounters can be created by using the "visual editor" in the debug menu.
    i hope this helps

mad.array

Years
  • I've tried that and unfortunately it doesn't work. I just get this

undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass
    PokemonEncounters:84:in 'pbGenerateEncounter'
    PokemonField:352:in 'pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player*:591:in 'UpdateOld'

And so it goes on for another 13 entries which I can't be bothered to write out as it's just gone midnight and I'm beginning to think of sheep jumping over fences.

I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I've tried that and unfortunately it doesn't work. I just get this

undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass
    PokemonEncounters:84:in 'pbGenerateEncounter'
    PokemonField:352:in 'pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player*:591:in 'UpdateOld'

And so it goes on for another 13 entries which I can't be bothered to write out as it's just gone midnight and I'm beginning to think of sheep jumping over fences.

I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

Close RMXP. Then, edit the text files and save them. Then, open RMXP, and run the game. I'm pretty sure it'll automatically recompile the data if it thinks it's out of date. (Which it should, considering the new edit wasn't recorded by the game until then)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    The visual editor dont work for me for sometimes.
    The map connection in visual editor dun work.

Atomic Reactor

i have a question about switches or.. something.
    heres a pic. of the situation.
    AfterEvent.jpg

alrite, so after i choose a pokemon, how would i make it so you cant choose another one? can i turn the switches on from a different event?
    that would also go for the guard. i want him to leave after you select a pokemon.
    any ideas?
    ill try to tinker with it, but any help would be appreciated.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Turn on a switch, make a new event page on every ball, make it so that its activated when a switch is turned on, set text to it like "This ball contains a Pokemon)

Same goes for the guard. Make a new page, set it to a switch, and make it so he walks away or disappears, whatever you want.

Atomic Reactor

Last edited:

mad.array

Years
  • I've tried both encounters.txt in the PBS folder and the visual editor. I take about three steps onto the affected map and then get that error. Has anybody else tried to edit the day/night encounters and have they had any luck? I want to know if it's just me.

Oh, I've also tried replacing the scripts.rxdata and letting it recompile the PBS files. :(. Somebody up there doesn't like me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back