• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest dungeons in PMD

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • As I have said for probably the millionth time, that dungeon in SMD before you get to that 2nd guild place. Although in mystery dungeon dx, there is now a massive contender...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I find the dungeons to be the most difficult in PMD explorers of time/darkness/sky

Dark Crater! I still cannot beat it. I'm a Charmander and my partner is a Treeko and the two of us just keep getting creamed by all of the fire/ground types. I've made it through a couple of times but I use up all of my reviver seeds and then we get annihilated by Darkrai and his goonies.

Dusk forest as well. With ghost types having the ability to float in-between walls it means that they can ambush you from anywhere. Furthermore, you can't attack them when they are floating on a wall, which means you have to try to move away from said wall in order to get them to follow you. Otherwise, you'll be rendered helpless against their attacks.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Much as I despise RNG and don't consider it to be true difficulty...Purity Forest. Purity Forest throws you at the mercy of whatever items you happen to come across, repeatedly bombards you with negative weather effects, and the early floors...my god, the early floors. Everything has either a) a status move, b) a multi-hit attack like Rollout, or c) both. So even if you get lucky and score plenty of Apples and Reviver Seeds to keep you going, you can still get cheesed by dying to weather over gigantic floors, multi-hit attacks, or status moves. Also, enemies pick up and throw Gravelrocks. 30 HP is a lot when you're under level 10. So as well as being heavily RNG dependent, the Pokemon in it are just absurdly broken for that level.

Also, Meteor Cave. That was...an experience. Lots of Deoxys phantoms - all with Pressure - culminating with a boss that spams Recover and repeatedly summons clones...which all have Pressure. Even with a Psyduck with maxxed stats and fully boosted moves I died twice, which is more than any other dungeon.

Back