• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Are you experimental?

Years
  • I was going through my MAL ratings earlier and was surprised to find that the most common rating I give is 7/10, with 6/10 and 8/10 being the next most common results. I found it interesting that scores were typically so high since I'm usually a really harsh critic. In the end, the conclusion I came to was that the average score I give is so high because I don't experiment very much and almost always choose to watch things I am confident I'm going to enjoy, even though I'm better about that sort of thing than I used to be.

So what about you, do you branch out and try new series a lot, or do you prefer not to risk some of the weirdness that is anime and manga in favour for shows you know you'll like?

pkmin3033

Never know what I'm going to like until I'm watching it so I'd say I was experimental, especially since I haven't found a new anime that I've genuinely enjoyed for years now. Whilst I have clearly defined preferences for pretty much every other media, anime is something that I generally can't tell most of the time whether I'll enjoy it or not. About the only thing I know I won't enjoy is light novel/manga promotion material that doesn't tell a complete story.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I will literally watch anything, except Osomatsu-san (fuck that piece of shit) and hentai, so, yes, I'm very experimental, I'd say.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I never used to be. Now that I am a premium member on Crunchyroll I find that I've been watching anime more consistently and I've also stepped out of my comfort zone a bit. I generally prefer slice of life and drama anime, however, I've grown to enjoy comedies and adventure anime as well and I find that it's useless to confine myself to a select few genres.

The only thing I refuse to watch is horror or hentai.

Last edited:
    Back