• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Can't post on firefox.

Lunalie

Years
For whatever reason since earlier today I haven't been able to post on Firefox. Every time I try I get the message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters." Despite it being plenty long enough.

If it helps I also noticed I can't use any of the formatting buttons Like Bold, Italics, underline, Page alignment, Font, Ect...

Sirfetch’d

I get this issue too while using Firefox but only when posting blogs. It's never actually happened to me when posting regularly. I've noticed if I use the "Go Advanced" posting option on blogs that it apparently remedies this so maybe that will work for your posts?

Lunalie

Years
Testing this on firefox.

Oddly enough, when I go advanced I can choose a font and Size, but none of the other buttons work.
However when I changed them nothing happened.
I typed this in Go advanced exacly how it is in firefox and Got the same warning message. The last line I tried to play with the font and size but it didnt work.

Also Post Preview gave me the same message.

Years
Something to do with the style you're using on Firefox? I haven't been having issues and I've pretty much exclusively been using Firefox to post for the past week.

EDIT: In fact, I posted this via Quick Reply with no error message.

Lunalie

Years
The style? You mean the forum layout I can pick at the bottom of the page?

Strike that, didn't notice I was posting from Chrome when I made this message.

Years
Since this problem is very user/browser-specific it shouldn't be a general phrase/template issue from the phrase searching I did in the ACP. I've seen it happen to people across a few different vBulletin forums (usually always on FireFox or IE..) and these are the possible 'fixes' I can gather with each one having worked for someone at some point:

- May seem obvious but some things can be fixed as easily as clearing your cache. Have you tried this? Each time I've run into this issue a cache clear fixed it.
- Disable your FireFox extensions one at a time and see if you can spot the culprit.
- Switch your post editor away from enhanced to standard. You can do this by going into Edit Options and selecting the standard editor under Message Editor Interface. WYSIWYG editors can cause problems.
- Could be a Javascript issue as well from what you've posted here. Although I don't really recommend it you can try disabling Javascript in FireFox.

Let us know if things end up working out. Also assuming your browser is all up to date here. Unfortunately these problems don't happen very often and to very few people so they can be harder to troubleshoot.

Lunalie

Years
- May seem obvious but some things can be fixed as easily as clearing your cache. Have you tried this? Each time I've run into this issue a cache clear fixed it.
Yes, It is a bit obvious, Which is why I feel silly for not thinking about it.
It totally worked, Thanks.

Back