• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@ Death5 Shadow:

Correct, did you read any of the features? If so, you should've read that all of the non-spinoff regions are going to be in the game. (and Orre)

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
@> Death5 Shadow and PokemonOI:

Thank you both, and the maps will be better OI but I didn't have enough up-to-date maps with my tiles (rather than Kyledove's) to show in that video, I'll have a better one when and if I make another video.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! I've been working these past few days on a custom Trainer Card script (not the one from Pokemon Essentials) and I'm almost done, all I have left is the score system so I thought why not share some screenies for you guys:

capture015.bmp

capture016.bmp

Props to Hall Of Famer for his custom badges and gym leader icons in D/P/Pt style! (used in the screenshots btw) The Date system (Month/Day/Year) is something priliminary that I wrote, it will improve as well. The reason that the date was 00 00 00 is because that's the default date for the system...which will, again, be fixed sometime soon.

Nice update CP, I really dig the new badge case and trainercard.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hmmm....I'm sure that I left a comment earlier today. Never mind. I have to say that the trainer case/card/whatever looks mighty impressive. I really don't know where you found/or how you made those badges and trainer faces but they are superb. I was acctually looking for those ages, but never found any so gave up on the D/P trainer card style. It looks really good and I really do like the badges. Hope everything continues great like this.

EDIT: Oh stupid me! Didn't read your full post. I see that Hall of Famer made those. Anyways great job to both of you.

ANOTHER EDIT: Regarding your date thing. RMXP is really messed up in that perspective, and updates Time and Date every second. This will make that section with the script very, very laggy (I know from personal experience). I don't know how you'll go around that but it's just a heads up.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Oh my gosh, love the TrainerCard Scripts Collosal!
It looks so nice!

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Hall Of Famer:

Thanks HoF, I was hoping it looked nice so far.

@> Luka S.J.:

Thank you, but the thing is that I have a couple tweaks before the Trainer Card and Badge Case are completed. For instance, I'm still working on the sound effects so it wouldn't be too good in a video just yet unless the viewer is only in it for visuals...and a couple more things I don't want to spoil just yet ;)

@> Hamako Chan:

Thank you, though the screen is actually not complete in the public photo, I have but one thing left to do until it is finished.

Update: Hehehe, apparently I fell out of place over the last 3 days but I am back and I am almost done with a brand new script; a battle Intro. It took hardly any time and effort for me to do this but here is the progress to those who care:

VS_Sequence By CP 21.bmp

Of course Roark's name needs to be a different font, but here is where it stands as of now.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Finally, I get back to Origin. I apologize for it being near another month but the school year has started and I, and I'm sure most of you, have been busy with school. However, while I had free time without internet connection I did do some cool stuff that I would like to present in two screenshots:

capture021.png
capture022.png

The map used in Roark's battle sequence is not permanent, I am still making tiles (& compiling) but it does show an intro sequence. I plan on redoing it to make it better but this should give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like. I'll upload a video if I can visually proving it actually exists (because anyone can easily just show an image in an event). The battle scene needs work as well, such as brightening up the text and adding a Pokemon's icon to the words "Fight." Thankfully I'll have more time now to work on it so I should update on that soon as well.

To reiterate my last update, the bag was displayed as well as the key item EXPLORER KIT (Yes, it does infact work 8D) and here is a shot of the bag:

capture020.jpg

So yeah, comments please :D

~ CP

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Update! More pictures including Roark's Gym (A portion of it actually) and a Journal...wai-, what? Way. I got the Time/Date system functional without lagging.

capture023.png
capture024.png

The Journal was also added right after the load screen (which can be turned on/off via the options menu). More to come ~

CP

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
That looks interesting. I don't understand why no one posted so far. It looks good all in all, though your battle system needs a bit work though. I have no idea how you managed to get the logbook system running, and time and date without any lag. I'm impressed.

But, (and there is always a but) I'm not that fond of your screen size. I have the feeling that it is presenting a difficulty to you as a developer and is forcing you to resize various sprites to an odd size due to the screen difference between original games and your one. Also it would look odd if the player would choose to reduce the resolution to 0.5 while at the same time, if the resolution is 1 all the graphics look a bit too pixelated. Hope you take that into account.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
That looks interesting. I don't understand why no one posted so far. It looks good all in all, though your battle system needs a bit work though. I have no idea how you managed to get the logbook system running, and time and date without any lag. I'm impressed.

But, (and there is always a but) I'm not that fond of your screen size. I have the feeling that it is presenting a difficulty to you as a developer and is forcing you to resize various sprites to an odd size due to the screen difference between original games and your one. Also it would look odd if the player would choose to reduce the resolution to 0.5 while at the same time, if the resolution is 1 all the graphics look a bit too pixelated. Hope you take that into account.

Thank you, well actually there is no "visible" lag. There might be a difference of around 1 FPS (lower) but other than that I really see nothing bad (or terribly laggy). I do have to credit someone though for the basework that allowed me to do the time/date system without a lag (although I did major adjustments to their script) - Near Fantastica. I am also aiming finish the battle system so watch out for that. Also watch out for the VS sequence editing, I might finish that within the next hour or so.

I have already taken that into account, the screensize option has been removed because of this so it won't look odd in 1/2 size. I don't have much trouble resizing the graphics and it takes only like 2-3 minutes or not even to get them correct. Though Roark's gym tiles (erm, the walls) took me hours to rip because they were so 3D but I don't think they look too bad. I still have a couple more tiles to rip before I can go all out on the gym but for now I just wanted to show a gym map since I've not been showing much mapwork, and the ones I did show sucked badly.

~ CP

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Screen size is other than peoples uses. Game looks great CP i waiting for more updates, and the bag is amazing, looks like DPP. Battle looks good too just make pokemon icon and will look like DPP now looks too but you dont have that icon. You will make pokedex like DPP?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I've got to say. Your game's features are going quite well dude, I'm even more impressed at the fact that you've managed to get a log book up and running. excellent job. You did an excellent job ripping those tiles as well, but the rocks that aren't connected to anything are what bother me, an that, what looks to be a brigde I believe. That's about my only concern however. You're doing an excellent job dude, Keep it up!

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
This looks awesome! I'm not a big fan of the ds games but this looks like it will be so much fun!

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Venom12 :

Thank you, I actually am using what is displayed as a base for custom systems, so over time I will show more improvements to the battle system, bag, etc... to have the stuff be original.

@> <~F.M.P~> :

Well, actually I've only implemented the "player beat his rival" thing as of now, but thank you for the compliments so far. Ohh, and for the tile thing, I spent so much time ripping the walls that I was a little lazy when it came to the rest of the tiles so I'll fix them soon.

@> deeelove :

Thank you dee, I see the dislike for DS' are going up but I can actually argue pro and con about the DS. For example, a Pro is that there is more room than Pokemon Essential's normal format, and Con that it doesn't show originality due to the fact that the DS has already been made. Of course, single-screen games have the same problem because the GBA has already been made. But what I'm showing is that even though the DS isn't very original it can indeed be turned into one great system. In fact, I scripted it myself.

-----------------------------------------------------

And for a progress update on the current screens:

1) The battle system is almost fully finished.
2) The VS sequence is close to finished for public viewing.
3) Roark's gym tiles are being fixed.

~ CP

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> thedootamster:

ex version? Origin doesn't have an "ex" version. And about the job thing, why don't you get one before you ramble on about how others on this forum should do so?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hi how's going update? I'm waiting for seome screens :D

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Venom12:

I apologize for taking so long, school has been a big part of my life lately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else; a completed VS sequence:

capture025.jpg

I have much more in plan for the winter, but for now nothing is really in the public-viewing stage. I'll get more probably tomorrow. Until then, goodnight everyone :tired:

CP

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
This project is cool !
When will the demo?

Back