• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Battle Type?

Years
  • As early as Generation Three, Game Freak has implemented different ways to battle trainers, with the introduction of double battles. Since then, we've seen triple, rotation, inverse battles etc, so my question is what is your favourite way to battle in Pokemon, do you prefer simplicity or complexity?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't reallllly like any of them haha. Rotation Battles are a fun concept but they just take sooo long. Does the game think I have patience or something? Double battles are pretty okay imo, triple battles are just awful.
    Sky Battles had potential but.... eh. Not my cup of tea.
    I've only done like one Sky Battle, wow. Don't even remember where you do them. Do you think they could be improved in any way?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I should probably re-word myself:

Sky Battles were decent. The one Sky Battle I did in XY, I really liked it! My biggest concern is that... Sky Battles, much like every other niche battle format Game Freak introduces with the exception of maybe Triples, doesn't really get much exposure in-game. It's like... why bother creating the format if you're not going to do much with it, y'know? You meet probably one or two Trainers that you battle via Sky Battle and that's it.

I'd much rather people grow more accustomed to Sky Battles via important battles like Gym Leaders, Elite Four etc. Imagine having one of those battle be held in the sky; that would really shake up the monotony of Pokemon battles in a good way!
    Oh, I agree! Sky and Inverse battles both felt like last minute additions to the Gen 6 games, it seems like they just crammed a few into random spots and then didn't bother to expand upon the concept at all. Seeing a Sky Battle against a Gym Leader/Elite Four/Rival, or maybe an evil team that uses Flying-types as their primary Pokémon type, would be really cool. Maybe Gen 8!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Doubles are my favourite, there just aren't that many in the main games which is a shame. I guess that's why I reeeally enjoyed Colosseum and XD which are basically all double battles.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It'S been a long time since I haven't play a double battle but those are my favorite. I really enjoyed triple battles too.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Singles as it is what I am used to and it has been going the longest. Also whilst not necessarily the easiest battle type to win it is for me more fun than Doubles (Which only really happen in the Battle Tree) and Triples/Rotation which take far too long.

(Frey)

Years
  • Yeah the amount of Double Battles definitely seem to have dropped of late, it's a shame cause they're my favourite too. That double battle in Emerald before Rustboro City on the bridge is probably my favourite and I don't know why, but I always remember it haha.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • If it isn't a single battle, rotation battles are the next choice for me. The mind games!

Multi battles (double battles with a partner) are also good.

Back