• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Hyper Training

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Hyper Training was a mechanic present within the Alola games which trains Pokemon that have hit level 100. In order to access Hyper Training, you need to hand over Bottle Caps. Have you ever bothered with Hyper Training? I actually haven't bothered, as ivs and evs only really matter to me in the earlier generations of Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Maybe a couple of times? The level 100 requirement plus bottle caps not being super easy to get in large numbers made it a little hard to make a lot of use of it.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I found bottle caps quite easy to get. First do the lotto shops on the plaza and with some of them on the very first time after placing it you get a normal bottle cap.

Also when doing the battle tree you get bottle caps for doing various things and I think you can trade shards from the island place (found from the cave exploration) in the plaza for bottle caps too.

I use my caps on Legendary pokemon or shinies that dont have quite perfect IV's. I always level my pokemon to 100 (and REALLY miss blissey bases) so its just another way to add value to my pokemon.

Years
  • this would've been more worth it if lv. 100 had not been the goal. and even so, sm/usum don't exactly have the best post-game grind areas (even chansey grinding in usum takes a while), which made getting "perfect IVs" on pokemon even more tedious.

i've only ever done this on one pokemon ever and the only reason even that was possible was because of the rare kitchen trick in festival plaza. at some point i decided it wasn't worth it to go through that entire hassle again for usum, so i just... didn't bother with hyper training, anymore. ._.

Back