• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Moves!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Signature Moves are moves that can be used exclusively by a Pokemon or an evolutionary line.

So which is your favourite Signature move in the Games? Which ones do you think don't qualify as Signature Moves, for any reason? Are there moves which can be used by multiple Pokemon, but you still associate with a particular Pokemon, as its 'Signature' Move?

Pika Pika :chu:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • The only true signature moves are technically Sketch and Chatter, as the former can copy anything except the latter. xD

That said, my favourite signature move is probably Aeroblast. I was really hyped for Lugia back in the days and weeks leading up to Gold and Silver's initial release, and that hype later evolved into a fascination. I actually refused to catch Lugia until I was able to get my Smeargle to Sketch Aeroblast(which I had seen one use in Stadium 2, maing me immediately want one of my own) first. xD It took a loooooong time, but I finally succeeded! ^_^

Sadly the Smeargle sucked at using the move though. :(

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • The only true signature moves are technically Sketch and Chatter, as the former can copy anything except the latter. xD

Um, what about Dark Void and Hyperspace Fury? Smeargle can sketch them, but it won't be able to use them, so they remain exclusive to their signature mons.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Sketch, Smeargle is awesome, one of the best normal types and my favorite. Such a weak Pokemon can be so devastating

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Aeroblast because of it's Gen II animation, mostly. Doom Desire is also cool.

Years
  • I think the 7th Gen Pokemon all got some really good ones.

My faves include Ribombee's Pollen Puff since it can damage opponents but also heal allies which can make it interesting in double battles. I also like Tsareena's Trop Kick for the animation. The Alola starters' signatures moves are all awesome as well, especially their corresponding Z-Moves.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I really like all the signature Z-Moves! 8)
    It's a shame all the animations were so obnoxiously long that I ended up turning them off. It was a really cool concept though, I'd just have liked shorter animations.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I liked Aeroblast in the 2000 movie, but the animation for it in the games is rubbish. Disappointed it wasn't the same as it was in the movie.

My current favourites are Revelation Dance, because I love Oricorio, and Pikachu's Z-move.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I like the moves for Solgaleo and Lunala, the are good in battle and are fun!

Years
  • I like the moves for Solgaleo and Lunala, the are good in battle and are fun!

Those moves also have a Mold Breaker effect, which is great for getting around annoying abilities such as Sturdy (which three Pokemon in the Alola Elite Four alone, along with a few of the Champion challengers) possess. I like Lunala's Moongeist Beam better than Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike if I had to pick between the two.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • The downside is that move is the only way Oricorio can get its secondary STAB, since outside of it doesn't learn any STAB moves other than Flying-type moves.

That's why I like it. I love Oricorio and Revelation Dance gives me a reason to use it in battle. Especially it's Baile style as there aren't many Fire types in Sun/Moon that I like.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
    Years
  • Pulverizing Pancake, because it's funny and well translated in English.
    Also Extreme Evoboost is a good idea, no matter how useful it is.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Mine was also Aeroblast for the longest time, mainly because of how it appeared in the Pokemon 2000 movie. Now it's a tossup between Primarina's Z-move and Decidueye's Z-move. Depends on whether I'm feeling classy and sophisticated, or whether I'm feeling badass and sinister.

Back