• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem?

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
@Tsuchinoko: That's an interesting idea. I'll see if I can find a way to add that in.

Here's a problem I've run into though; lords. They're just such a wide "class," only definied by the game over if they die deal. I don't think it would be good to let players play this class, since it would basically sideline them in battle (I know in my run of Sacred Stones, Ephraim never attacked once). That or they'd be OP (looking at you Dragonstone Corrin). What are your guys' thoughts?

Years
@Tsuchinoko: That's an interesting idea. I'll see if I can find a way to add that in.

Here's a problem I've run into though; lords. They're just such a wide "class," only definied by the game over if they die deal. I don't think it would be good to let players play this class, since it would basically sideline them in battle (I know in my run of Sacred Stones, Ephraim never attacked once). That or they'd be OP (looking at you Dragonstone Corrin). What are your guys' thoughts?
I think that a Lord or Lords should be designated at the beginning. I feel that it wouldn't be Fire Emblem without at least one. It could be balanced out with just having a single attribute being higher than another instead of them just being great all around. Without a Lord I feel like there will not be a true purpose or reasoning for the journey if royalty was not involved. We need to have someone who is a prince or leader of the country so that the others have someone to follow and look up to. That person would also potentially be at the top of trying to increase and keep morale up for the other characters as well. Or it could be a situation like Path of Radiance where the group were mercenaries working for Elincia who was the princess of Crimea. That mercenary band also had a Lord so I think there definitely still should be one or more. Point is that there needs to be someone leading and that person/s will have to be a Lord.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I wouldn't say a Lord is necessity, necessarily, because we're still relatively in-the-dark on what the actual plot is and the drive that keeps our group together. There's been no statement that royalty or even an established leader character is involved at all.

Honestly, I think the roleplay would be more interesting dynamically if we didn't attribute that stately title of "Lord" to anyone because that in itself comes with the presumption that this lordship is the mandatory leader of the group. We could produce more unique character interactions if the opportunity to become a leader naturally becomes an enticing option, that ability for a character to grow more acclaimed in the eyes of their fellows, to make as big of an impact as to surface as the ineluctable leader. There could be more than one of these characters! Or, the entire cast could strive to compromise evenly! Really, by attributing a role of leadership from the beginning, it would ultimately take away from that "anything-can-happen" factor that could make for a stand-out experience.

Of course, this all stems from how I interpret the "Lord" class from the little Fire Emblem "experience" that I have.

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't say a Lord is necessity, necessarily, because we're still relatively in-the-dark on what the actual plot is and the drive that keeps our group together. There's been no statement that royalty or even an established leader character is involved at all.

Honestly, I think the roleplay would be more interesting dynamically if we didn't attribute that stately title of "Lord" to anyone because that in itself comes with the presumption that this lordship is the mandatory leader of the group. We could produce more unique character interactions if the opportunity to become a leader naturally becomes an enticing option, that ability for a character to grow more acclaimed in the eyes of their fellows, to make as big of an impact as to surface as the ineluctable leader. There could be more than one of these characters! Or, the entire cast could strive to compromise evenly! Really, by attributing a role of leadership from the beginning, it would ultimately take away from that "anything-can-happen" factor that could make for a stand-out experience.

Of course, this all stems from how I interpret the "Lord" class from the little Fire Emblem "experience" that I have.
This to me is a good idea and I believe someone being elected as the leader is good. But in reality a group of soldiers/mercenaries do not just travel and go on a grand adventure without an established leader. If that was the case there could possibly be an uproar with characters trying to become that leader by any means necessary. Even the groups of lowly bandits always have a leader so I don't think a band of supposed heroes wouldn't have one. The situation should not be trying to become the leader but to be led by someone strong in order to overcome whatever hardship they are facing.

As for the factor of unexpected situations being affected by having someone/s being a Lord is not true in my eyes. Situations would still be as unique and unexpected with them too.

Last edited:

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
So I really like the voltality that Disclosed proposes. It would deepen party dynamics, though as Tsuchinoko points out, the possibility of a power struggle within the party would be hard to prevent.

Here's my proposal: I'd make an NPC to be the "main" Lord (other people would be able to make other Lords, to a limit), which would still give me the ability to steer the plot as needed, but this NPC would be for a large part willing to deliberate with the rest of the party as to their strategies. This way every character could contribute, giving the more communal lead Disclosed presents.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
This to me is a good idea and I believe someone being elected as the leader is good. But in reality a group of soldiers/mercenaries do not just travel and go on a grand adventure without an established leader. If that was the case there could possibly be an uproar with characters trying to become that leader by any means necessary. Even the groups of lowly bandits always have a leader so I don't think a band of supposed heroes wouldn't have one. The situation should not be trying to become the leader but to be led by someone strong in order to overcome whatever hardship they are facing.
That's definitely a good point as well; a leader is pretty much a necessity to keep a group together from the get-go, so to go without one defined from the start is undeniably dangerous.

I think, then, that the best compromise is just to be able to separate that out-of-character perception of a Lord from the role a Lord would play in-game; because a character is dubbed a leader does not necessarily mean they will be a leader forever or, at the very least, be a leader that is never questioned by others.

Perhaps the title of "Lord" shouldn't be treated like an ordinary class to emphasize the fact that how people interpret others is always changing...?
i don't know, i've had this tab open for like two hours, i'm tired

ACTUALLY the GM said something while I was distracted, aha! I really like that idea of the NPC Lord; it gives that perfect balance! (Sorry for the ineluctable double-notif, OuterTsu.)

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
I was thinking I would essentially play them as a character, save that they wouldn't spend the whole time with the party. For instance, the character would not be actively participating in battle, instead hanging back and calling out "orders" (this is also how I can somewhat influence the tide of battle, since they'd be able to call out incoming threats. "4 calvaliers coming to flank left," for example).

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Yeah, that sounds pretty good!

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
The threads have been posted! Just waiting for a moderator to get to em, then I'll link it here!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The threads have been posted! Just waiting for a moderator to get to em, then I'll link it here!
I hope you saw our replies in the "check to see" thread! Gather players in an OOC first, then post the IC.

Back