• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
  • I appreciate the response and the making of this hack. Fun game so far thanks to the difficulty.

One more question - how does one get a Gallade? Are Dawn Stones available somewhere?

I cant download Beat, can you give me a direct download?

I'm glad you're enjoying it. You get gallade by using a Sun stone on a male Kirlia.

There is a Beat download in the linked google drive. Their website is a little dodgy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Hello. Im really enjoying this hack so far. i gotta say job well done on the waystone feature and the ability to surf without surf. so far only noticed a couple instances where the screen with black out and id have to reset to an earlier gamesave but i have autostates so its not an issue so far. keep up the good work! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    i just found my first game breaking glitch. The fight against maxie and courtney in their base when their about to release groudon is bugged after i fight courtney maxie and courtney just say the same thing again and walk away into the wall and dont release groudon which prevents me from continuing the story.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • i just found my first game breaking glitch. The fight against maxie and courtney in their base when their about to release groudon is bugged after i fight courtney maxie and courtney just say the same thing again and walk away into the wall and dont release groudon which prevents me from continuing the story.

This is fixed in the latest patch. It's preferable to have a save file from before tarting this mission for Aqua, but if you talk to Shelly at the corporate HQ again for the mission, it should, in theory, work

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Hello. Im really enjoying this hack so far. i gotta say job well done on the waystone feature and the ability to surf without surf. so far only noticed a couple instances where the screen with black out and id have to reset to an earlier gamesave but i have autostates so its not an issue so far. keep up the good work! :)

That happens when you use an unsupported emulator. if you're on mobile, RetroArch with the mGBA core will work for you. If you're on mac... I'm not really sure how to help you, but I think mGBA supports mac.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Well, I started playing your hack and i do like what you've done so far but my biggest concern would have to be the color of the foe's HP bar. It's very hard for me to actually figure out how much He it has after a battle because the purple (or dark blue) blends into the custom health bar you made. Also, while picking my starter, I could walk into grass without picking my starter while Birch was being chased.

My latest patch addresses this concern. I also facelifted all of the general text. There's still some stuff that needs to be updated to match the new font palettes, but most of the common text is done.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2020
    Where do you get murkrow and torchic? Haven't ran into them yet and I'm at the desert

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Murkrow can be found on Route 103, 118, Granite Cave, and the new map above Route66 (travel west from fortree)

Torchic and all other starter types can be found south of Littleroot.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Hi, how exactly do I get to the Team Aqua story?

Hi. If you want quicker support, join the discord, my developing EE community would be glad to help you. That being said, you can get the aqua story by taking the devon goods, after recovered, to team aqua's corporate headquarters in lilycove. It's the most northeast building on the map. alternatively, you can take the goods to archie in slateport's museum and give them to him after showing up his grunts. He'll see promise in you and ask if you want to join. note that you won't be able to befriend Shelly if you get recruited through archie.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm having some trouble with the BPS version. Beat is unavailable, but I tried the link that was noted there, Floating IPS. But I'm just inexperienced with doing this kind of stuff, how do you patch with BPS, either with FI or Beat. I'm looking forward to playing, it sounds great!

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • I'm having some trouble with the BPS version. Beat is unavailable, but I tried the link that was noted there, Floating IPS. But I'm just inexperienced with doing this kind of stuff, how do you patch with BPS, either with FI or Beat. I'm looking forward to playing, it sounds great!

I have a guide of sorts available in my discord, but the tl;dr of it is..
    Open Beat (you can get it in my drive since their website is unreliable)
    Select the Patch
    Select the CLEAN Emerald Version 1.0 ROM
    Select a filename to save the new, patched EE ROM
    Profit

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2019
    Would it be possible to have an option to change the HP bars and text windows back to their default colors? They are so dark that makes the game for people with color blindness impossible to play.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Would it be possible to have an option to change the HP bars and text windows back to their default colors? They are so dark that makes the game for people with color blindness impossible to play.

Unfortunately, graphics in these games are static, they can't be modified in real time. That being said, I only shifted the color hues of the HP bars by about 30 degrees, So the vanilla Green-Yellow-Red became Blue-Green-Yellow. I'm not color blind so I don't know what it's like, but it seems like you would have exactly the same problem with vanilla. That being said, Your own HP bar also has the numbers below it, and in double battles, you can press start to view the numbers. As for the enemies, Well the game modifies the length of the hp bar based on the damage dealt, you don't get a number. But In Emerald Enhanced, the game tells you how much damage you're doing in numbers, which can be used the same way as the delta of the hp bar can.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    So, this sounds amazing but, is there any way to choose a different starter? I mean, I want to play emerald again and the difficulty your adding sounds like all I want, but I really want the Hoenn starters...

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey, I really love this hack. I really like the Level cap increase especially. I wish it were set at double (250) it's current max. Is there anyway I can make a personal change from 125 to 250? I usually add that level cap to emerald mods on my own, but upon battle, it gave me some weird effects and froze when I tried to change it from 125 to 250 in an older python script that Dizzy used to use. Anyone know how to change it properly?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2023
    So, this sounds amazing but, is there any way to choose a different starter? I mean, I want to play emerald again and the difficulty your adding sounds like all I want, but I really want the Hoenn starters...

You can get the starters south of Professor Birches lab

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Hey, I really love this hack. I really like the Level cap increase especially. I wish it were set at double (250) it's current max. Is there anyway I can make a personal change from 125 to 250? I usually add that level cap to emerald mods on my own, but upon battle, it gave me some weird effects and froze when I tried to change it from 125 to 250 in an older python script that Dizzy used to use. Anyone know how to change it properly?

In order to change the level cap, you have to manually add entries to all 9 of the level-up tables for the game to know how to properly scale exp. I chose 125 as the cap for a specific reason, and I don't currently have plans to change it at any point in the future. Besides, Going much higher than 125 will result in stats that are 4 digits long and the game can't properly display numbers larger than 999 for any of them. Especially when it comes to HP. The game will get stuck in a loop if you have more than 4 digits of HP, the bar will bug out and you will get stuck there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    how many pokemons are available to catch??? and can I see ivs early on and start breeding ?? are evs routes a thing??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back