• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you buy a physical copy or a digital copy of Sword & Shield?

Years
  • I've always gotten physical copies for Pokemon games. Except Let's Go Pikachu because downloading switch games is very satisfying for me somehow. But I guess I'll have to buy it physically because I barely have any space left.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Probably physical as I prefer having a physical collection and because it's more likely to find physical copies discounted rather than digital ones, and for budget reasons I usually prefer the cheaper one. Although I recently got a quite large-sized MicroSD card for my Switch due to the many games I'm interested in which will be released soon, so in the case digital is cheaper the file size wouldn't be a problem.

Years
  • I'll be buying a physical copy. I prefer digital for the convenience, but I don't have an SD card for my Switch yet, and even without that it's more expensive to buy digital.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I always prefer physical but if they make a special edition Switch with the game included digitally (like they did for LGPE) that I happen to really, really like, I'll get that.

Years
  • I always have preferred physical over digital unless digital is cheaper or not availible, I just prefer actually owning something than basically just having a license to run it.. Also literally the only Pokemon games I have digitally are the VC Gen 1 & 2 games.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Big fan of buying physical games for the Switch. It has that old-school-cool feel of popping in a cartridge. Plus, you can place physical games on a shelf to show off.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Buying physical, had both preordered, switched to the dual pack since even after tax it was the same price. Won't go digital if I can help it since its a pain for LGE and LGP since I switch with my wife once we finish and LGE is digital since I got the Switch with it... and if the SD card corrupts you have to resownload the flippin game and if the weather is bad it takes a millennia :')

Back