• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Do you watch anime in public?

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
Years
  • I watched bee movie on my way to school a couple of weeks ago (it's an animation so it counts by name shut up lol). That and jojo's, but that's on the occasion.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Used to watch some between classes when I was in college but now that I'm rarely out in public I'd have to say no. If I am waiting for something in public I'd more likely be reading something on my phone or playing a video game or something like that since in general I don't really watch anime very often these days.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm never really in a public area where it's appropriate to be watching anything? Like, usually if I'm out somewhere I'm at work or in class or visiting someone, so being engaged in something else would be a little rude!

Though, if I were in a position to do that, sure! I don't see why not. I'm not embarrassed by anime or anything I might be watching/reading at the time. It's more the principle that I'm watching anything while in public that puts me off, rather than the content.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I recently watched an episode of Clannad: Afterstory in public while at Starbucks while it was raining. It was quite relaxing if I do say so myself!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I have but I don't. Mainly since atmosphere's a big thing for me with anime so I don't really just watch it anytime, anywhere.

Years back I used to exclusively try to watch it on the best TV I could, set a time for it sometimes even. These days I'm not really going that hard and my setup's a little more annoying than that but I still have a similar mentality. in most cases it just feels uncomfortable watching anime on a phone for me or the like, unless I'm really detached from the show itself but like...in that case I probably just won't watch it.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Really depends on the show. I've watched Land of the Lustrous and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood in public before because they aren't overdoing it on the fanservice. But certain shows like Food Wars I'd never dare to watch in public.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    It depends. Some anime is clearly written and produced by pervy old men that I barely watch it in private.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    And i watch these days on netflix some random stuff, i will watch something new only after i have completed that.

This is what I do. It is rare that I pick something new up unless a lot of people are talking really highly of it. For example, I did not start watching Seven Deadly Sins until I finished another non-anime show.

Back