• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob88

Dragonite Fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2007
Hey zel, i dont know if im the only one who experienced this while playing beta 3.5 but the rockets in the slowpoke well dont fight you, the first rocket just says weird stuff and the woman rocket freezes your game and the third doesnt say anything, but you can still fight the last rocket tho. Just thought id mention it.

Anyway its been a great game so far!! Love it! Keep it up!

Also there are some heabutt trees outside the big catching contest when your going towards sudowoodo that are have the sprite of the hero instead of actual headbutt trees, was just wandering if you meant that for the ones that arnt working properly??

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Zel, I was wondering... Pokemon Crystal has a lot of new things to Gold/Silver.... THE MOVE TUTOR for instance and the DAYCARE EGG that you automaticly get ... I know this is a Gold remake... but it doesn't have to be 100% the same.. in my opinion you should put events from the other games... hehe i'm not telling you what to do but it's just my opinion.

I know this is a bit early but.... I think there should be missions in Kanto... not just Gyms... Maybe a new evil team? or maybe a Team Rocket comeback ? (as much as we'd all hate that.. :D ) I'm just saying that in Gold.. going back to Kanto wasn't as fun as one would think... I finished it in an hour or so... it should have more challenge to it...

Btw while exploring DARK CAVE in B3.. I noticed that there was a rock somewhere in the far right that when you ROCK SMASH it... IT STAYS THERE... you might wanna check that out...

OTHER THAN THAT... BEST OF LUCK..... ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, obviously the move tutor will be there, even if they are the Fire Red moves. About those other Crystal things, it's up to Zel.

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
So i just started in these forums when was the 1st version released?
and about how much time does it take him to make a new version?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
So i just started in these forums when was the 1st version released?

I, myself, only joined when the second one was released. It takes time for zel to release another beta because, I mean you're not going to release one every time you finish a new city. My guess is we'll be able to get to the Indigo Plateau in B4. Don't pressure zel.

rune the 1st

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
im not pressuring it's just i want to know like when these things started
doh i forgot to look at the 1st post.. silly me :p

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
hey zel, glad you sorted out 3.5

now you can get back to making progress for the next beta and maybe start posting those teaser screenshots again :D

im somehow managing to hold myself back until the final release.....its hard

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
well okay zel i know you dont really want to change the pokemons sprites but people would think its cool i could revamp gsc pokemon for you if you want ex:
Zapdos.png

Well I hope you are still working on this and don't give up

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Now I can look at your posts properly and comment on them... Let's see...

:( I can't even beat silver the 1st time he uses razor leaf too much :(

Jojo... SGX is a bit hard for you... Consider training for a while (I had the same problem ;))

First Brown, then ChaosBlack, now ShineyGold. Wow sweetie, your hack got uber popular, you should be proud. ^^; I know your hard work is getting exploited for money, but more people are playing your hack, and that what counts, right sweetie?

Well... Jeremy, there's no excuse for what they do. It doesn't matter if they make more people play the game. After all, anyone from anywhere could play it if they just find the patch, and without wasting a buck!
The evil part of it is that they are lying to people... The gamers find themselves trapped without knowing what to do. Anyone here knows that the game is just a Beta... Meh... I'll just keep saying "No to Pirates"...

Has anyone else noticed that the music in the LIGHTHOUSE is terribly annoying??? Or is it just me???

Well... I found it exciting for a tower climb... Just an opinion... :P

has zel got any new graphics for G/S exclusive key items?

Not yet... I have to improve my "spriting skills", or get the help from one of those "expert spriters" O.O (I know they are out there, I just need to take the phone and make the call! :laugh:)

can you make the rival music from the next version lance's music from stadium 2?

No, I can't because I don't know how to add music. And, I really don't want to know how to, yet, because I'm pretty sure it'll be a "space in the rom eater"... (Space for my scripts will never be touched! >:o)

What plans you got for the Pokemon Leauge?

You'll see them, eventually (Well... I guess not, because you enjoy GBC hacks, lol) But, I'd only suggest to buy some extra Full Restores for the League... jeje...

Zel, I've got a question: When you beat Carlos in front of Ice Cave, is that the last time you fight him? 'Cause he had caught a friggin' Chansey and Snorlax! I actually thought I was going to lose to him the first time I went against him there. Also, I think you shouldn't make him stand in front of Ice Cave, immobile, until you walk up there. I think, instead, when the player walks 2 tiles away from the entrance, Carlos should walk out of Ice Cave and then challenge you.
That's all from me... I'm tired so bye....zzzzzzz

As you know, my party is never fixed apart from a few pokes. So, I think Snorlax will be out for the next time (Yes, there will be next time, in fact, many next times...). But that doesn't mean I'm going to put a weak poke instead :badsmile:
The idea of him in front of Ice Path's entrance is because he was intentionally waiting for you (I mean, you went and saved the day, while I just concentrated on beating the Gym before you, and since I like to see the player suffer, I knew he would show up there. And... Why would I wait inside that cold place, anyway...? JOJO!!!)

@cool700 - you cant go any further than you are because the version the you bought is not finished. get the free version off the first page of this thread.
give miltank ten berries and you will get a free mooomoo milk.

Allow me to extend that... Once Moomoo is healthy again, you'll be able to get a Moomoo Milk from time to time (activating a "timed event" in the process). Of course, there'll be times when the sell won't be available (because you activated other "timed event" previously). So, wander around a few minutes, and you can get all the Milk you want repeating the process...

Hey zel, i dont know if im the only one who experienced this while playing beta 3.5 but the rockets in the slowpoke well dont fight you, the first rocket just says weird stuff and the woman rocket freezes your game and the third doesnt say anything, but you can still fight the last rocket tho. Just thought id mention it.

Anyway its been a great game so far!! Love it! Keep it up!

Also there are some heabutt trees outside the big catching contest when your going towards sudowoodo that are have the sprite of the hero instead of actual headbutt trees, was just wandering if you meant that for the ones that arnt working properly??

I'll check the Rocket Event. Too bad I lost the original script so I had to see the script using EMap, but it seems it didn't work ok. So I'll have a look at it again, and it'll be fixed for B4.
About the Headbutt Trees, they should work, unless a tree wasn't assigned the Headbutt script offset. If you see one, just let me know. But, about one or a few having the hero's sprite, well sorry, there are a lot of trees, so maybe some I forgot to hid them. Again, for B4 I think all of them just say "Hidden"

Zel, I was wondering... Pokemon Crystal has a lot of new things to Gold/Silver.... THE MOVE TUTOR for instance and the DAYCARE EGG that you automaticly get ... I know this is a Gold remake... but it doesn't have to be 100% the same.. in my opinion you should put events from the other games... hehe i'm not telling you what to do but it's just my opinion.

I know this is a bit early but.... I think there should be missions in Kanto... not just Gyms... Maybe a new evil team? or maybe a Team Rocket comeback ? (as much as we'd all hate that.. :D ) I'm just saying that in Gold.. going back to Kanto wasn't as fun as one would think... I finished it in an hour or so... it should have more challenge to it...

Btw while exploring DARK CAVE in B3.. I noticed that there was a rock somewhere in the far right that when you ROCK SMASH it... IT STAYS THERE... you might wanna check that out...

OTHER THAN THAT... BEST OF LUCK..... ;)

First, I've corrected the Rock Smashing thing in Dark Cave.

And about the other, you know me, I'll be adding events in Kanto, since there are gonna be more legendaries and rivals, there'll be more events. And about TR, well... They won't come back, but Jess & Jamie will do whatever it takes to make the "comeback" (only to fail each time :P)

If Uni doesn't get in the way, usually a month, or a month and a half... Of course, nothing sure...

Whew... That was all... Now, I think I finished fixing the mapping now that I have replaced a few tiles and palettes... The game will really look different, I can assure you. But, for now I want to be concentrated again in the scripting. I'm working on the puzzle in Blackthorn, throwing the boulders to make roads through the lava. Not an easy task...

That's all guys, off to see what's happening in the other games!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I hate team rocket, and I think everyone else here does also.

NO MORE RATICATES/GOLBATS

Bah...I'm grumpy. >:(

Wow, my 101st post! I didn't even realize...>_>;

I don't think Zel wants to change many sprites right now...besides, isn't that for your hack? :)

rune the 1st

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
ehh have never made one and don't plan to but who cares i too am tired of raticates but he put stuff like poocheyanas (which should be something else)

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
For the sprite thing, I was referring to Furanki. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear.

Hey Zel, you know how you said you could catch all 386 pokemon in this game? What about Deoxys and Mew? What I mean is, what about the obiedience bit. I know you could probably just recreate Deoxy's event, but Mew is not in this game. Would you have to copy the Deoxys event, and change the hexidecimal of Deoxys to Mew?

I know the obiedience bit doesn't mess with the pokedex, but still...

It doesn't really matter though, just as long as you will make him catchable.

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
For the sprite thing, I was referring to Furanki. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear.

Hey Zel, you know how you said you could catch all 386 pokemon in this game? What about Deoxys and Mew? What I mean is, what about the obiedience bit. I know you could probably just recreate Deoxy's event, but Mew is not in this game. Would you have to copy the Deoxys event, and change the hexidecimal of Deoxys to Mew?

I know the obiedience bit doesn't mess with the pokedex, but still...

It doesn't really matter though, just as long as you will make him catchable.
Actually, Mew can be caught in Fire Red. There is a certain event in a certain island so I don't think Zel's gonna have any problems with it. Maybe the question should be about Celebi and Jirachi who cannot be caught in any advanced game (in the game itself, as event Pokemon) so far.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Actually, Mew can be caught in Fire Red. There is a certain event in a certain island so I don't think Zel's gonna have any problems with it. Maybe the question should be about Celebi and Jirachi who cannot be caught in any advanced game (in the game itself, as event Pokemon) so far.

*the game professer enters in a dynamic entrance*

No you can't catch mew in FireRed, cause:-

There is no mapb for it.
No events and scripts for it, is only in the pokedex data.

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
*the game professer enters in a dynamic entrance*

No you can't catch mew in FireRed, cause:-

There is no mapb for it.
No events and scripts for it, is only in the pokedex data.
Actually, I think you're right. ^^; Mew can be caught in Emerald, not Fire Red.

shadow ho-oh

Master of Burro
Years
Now I can look at your posts properly and comment on them... Let's see...
Not yet... I have to improve my "spriting skills", or get the help from one of those "expert spriters" O.O (I know they are out there, I just need to take the phone and make the call! :laugh:)

That's all guys, off to see what's happening in the other games!

im a good spriter if u need anything
the link is in my sig

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Well, we'll see when the time comes (actually I was thinking about something involving Mew and Jirachi, but, I'm not willing to say anything else). Of course, many sidequests will be done for the last versions (and many of them will be mid-game)

I'm updating my Goals, so go have a look at my first post. I plan to have three Gyms from Kanto available in B4 (namely, Vermillion, Saffron and Cerulean... yes, Misty's back!). So, basically it'll be up to fixing the problem in the power plant, but a few places will be blocked (such as Rock Tunnel, which means Lavender, the exits to the east and west of Saffron, which means Lavender & Celadon, and the exits to the west of Cerulean, which means Mt.Moon and so on). B5 should be pretty close to the end of the game, and probably a B6 will contain the important sidequests, after that, it'll be the adding of extra stuff, and fixing of all bugs to achieve the final version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back