• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
Care to share a specific example of this so we could have a clearer idea of what you're looking for? (I prefer using position:relative; personally)

Years
This question is most likely so simple that I totally overlooked how to do it D:
How can I move the text over in my signature so it's not on the edge of the image?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
One more question, I've seen some CSS coding that highlights the border of this rectangular shape, is there a code to do that? Or is it not possible?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
One more question, I've seen some CSS coding that highlights the border of this rectangular shape, is there a code to do that? Or is it not possible?

http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/css-box-shadow/
^ I think you're referring to box-shadow. If you're going to ask so many questions about what codes are, again I will urge you just to get firebug. You will find out codes with a simple right click then a choice of "inspect element" and it shows you the exact codes used to make what you right clicked on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm still learning how to use it properly, and the shadow is not what I'm talking about. I would have used it to see what code it was, but the person changed their theme so I can't use it now :x

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well, if you find a more specific definition of what you want, I'll do my best to see what code you're referring to. You didn't offer too much clarity in your latter description.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Well, if you find a more specific definition of what you want, I'll do my best to see what code you're referring to. You didn't offer too much clarity in your latter description.
Sorry my bad ><

I mean I've seen some CSS with borders around it, the border is a different color from the CSS overall tho.

Sorry once again, not good with explaining things ><

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I'm still learning how to use it properly, and the shadow is not what I'm talking about. I would have used it to see what code it was, but the person changed their theme so I can't use it now :x

The code I use (If I'm right) is:

border: 3px solid #000000;

Years

Sorry my bad ><

I mean I've seen some CSS with borders around it, the border is a different color from the CSS overall tho.

Sorry once again, not good with explaining things ><

You are most certainly looking for the border color property, an example of which is here:

The code I use (If I'm right) is:

border: 3px solid #000000;

That hex code gives us black. In terms of the color each hex pair is based off of, they are, from left to right (in sets of two), red, green, and blue. So a property of #ff0000; gives us a red border, while #00ff00; gives us a green border, and #0000ff; gives us a blue border.

Years
Welcome to redsaber's hack!

blah​

blah​

Code:
[PLAIN][center][div="width:90%; background-color: #CC0000; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; text-align: left;"][size="5"]Welcome to redsaber's hack![/size]

[CENTER]blah[/CENTER]

[RIGHT]blah[/RIGHT][/div][/center][/PLAIN]

background-color: #CC0000; The underlined in this bit of the code can be changed to another hex code for a colour.

Basically, the first part of the code, width:90%;, will make the css 90% wide of the screens width. The background-color: #CC0000; tells the code to make our css have a coloured background, in this case, a red color. Next, we have padding: 5px;, which basically means that all content will be pushed in five pixels from the border. It makes things seem nicer (see spoiler for example).
Spoiler:

Next, we have the border, border: 1px solid #000. Basically, it means that we want a border, one pixel thick, solid decoration (so it's not dotted or whatever, it's just a straight line), and is black (or #000 (or even #000000)). The reason why I only wrote #000 and not #000000, even though hexadecimal colour codes are assumingly eight characters long, is because if they contain an equally divided amount of colours, they can be 'compressed'. For example, #CC00FF could become #C0F. Either way though, they always need to start with a hash (#). Finally, we have text-align: left;. This means that the text inside the CSS will be to the left by default. You could change that to the right, or to the center. I did this because the CSS is in the centre of the page, which would then make the text inside it go to the centre, but I didn't want that, so, yeah. Last note, I hope you noticed that after every bit of code, there is a semicolon (;). That tells the code we're finished with the last bit of code and are moving on. Furthermore, the whole code is wrapped within some quotation marks: " ".

So hopefully now you didn't tl;dr that and now understand basic CSS. <:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hey, I was directed here by Rukario, he said he didn't know where else so...

Can anybody make me a css template for a hack thread? basic, but can you make one please?

This thread is not for requests. Says it on the first post. Please abide by it. Regardless of who sends you here.

Welcome to redsaber's hack!

blah​

blah​

Code:
[PLAIN][center][div="width:90%; background-color: #CC0000; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; text-align: left;"][size="5"]Welcome to redsaber's hack![/size]

[CENTER]blah[/CENTER]

[RIGHT]blah[/RIGHT][/div][/center][/PLAIN]
background-color: #CC0000; The underlined in this bit of the code can be changed to another hex code for a colour.

Basically, the first part of the code, width:90%;, will make the css 90% wide of the screens width. The background-color: #CC0000; tells the code to make our css have a coloured background, in this case, a red color. Next, we have padding: 5px;, which basically means that all content will be pushed in five pixels from the border. It makes things seem nicer (see spoiler for example).
Spoiler:

Next, we have the border, border: 1px solid #000. Basically, it means that we want a border, one pixel thick, solid decoration (so it's not dotted or whatever, it's just a straight line), and is black (or #000 (or even #000000)). The reason why I only wrote #000 and not #000000, even though hexadecimal colour codes are assumingly eight characters long, is because if they contain an equally divided amount of colours, they can be 'compressed'. For example, #CC00FF could become #C0F. Either way though, they always need to start with a hash (#). Finally, we have text-align: left;. This means that the text inside the CSS will be to the left by default. You could change that to the right, or to the center. I did this because the CSS is in the centre of the page, which would then make the text inside it go to the centre, but I didn't want that, so, yeah. Last note, I hope you noticed that after every bit of code, there is a semicolon (;). That tells the code we're finished with the last bit of code and are moving on. Furthermore, the whole code is wrapped within some quotation marks: " ".

So hopefully now you didn't tl;dr that and now understand basic CSS. <:

Thanks for that SI, though in future don't respond to requests, only to those that stick to the rules. But I'll add that to the first post when I get updating again.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

---Signature Here---

I've been tweaking around with that code, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the lower CSS (Black bar) to the bottom of the other css (The picture) so that it will fit together perfectly and looks like it goes together. And I can't get the top right corner to be rounded either :/
Spoiler:

Any help please?

Back