• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Guide] The Benefits of Global Link Money Farming

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Hello! This is my first thread on the forum, and I'd like to kick-off with a tutorial on how to successfully farm money from PokéMiles!

PokéMiles are obtained by walking past other players in-game using the StreetPass feature while WiFi is enabled. They can also be obtained by trading and battling with other players over the world! This guide assumes you have connected your game to the Global Link and understand how to configure it to send your PokéMiles. If you haven't...

Setting Up GameSync

You are going to need to connect your game to the Global Trade in order to profit off of this guide. Here is how you do that:

• Go to the Player Search menu on the bottom screen,
    • Connect to WiFi by clicking the WiFi symbol in the top right,
    • Click the icon that is in the center top region of this screen,
    • Navigate to the right and click Game Sync,
    • Follow the instructions on this page to connect your Pokemon Game to your Global Link account,
    • Continue on with this guide after you log into the site (You should see a Player Card for X or Y).

Obtaining PokéMiles

For this, you're going to need to connect to WiFi. If you can't connect to WiFi, I'm sorry but this guide does not apply to you. I would recommend checking out a Restaurant LeWow guide, or battling the Elite 4 over again with an Amulet coin equipped.

If you have connected to WiFi, you are ready to start earning PokéMiles.

• Go to the Player Search menu,
    • Click the icon in the Center Top of the screen,
    • Navigate to the leftmost menu (Default),
    • Click "Global Trade", and Save your game,
    • Choose any Pokémon you wish, (Use what you get so you don't flood it with bad Pokémon),
    • Wait for the system to find you a random trainer from around the world!

This method is more or less random in the sense that the amount of Miles you will earn is based on the distance from the other trainer. I get about 1000 points in 10 minutes of grinding. The alternative is to find a buddy who is a long distance away and to continuously trade with him. This ensures a constant increase in your Mileage.

Making Good Decisions

In order to farm you need to re-sync your game with each bulk purchase. You can currently only purchase 90 at a time of each item and there seems to be a cooldown for syncing your game.

So, now that you've racked up some Miles, we're going to start getting into the nitty gritty! I have designed some charts in Excel that should help us in our efforts to determine which items are the best to farm. Protip: Navigate to the Pokemiles shop on the Global Link website.

zJP2WJv.png

As you can see, Lemonade is the best item to farm for the amount of money returned per mile. Second to that is MooMoo Milk, and in contrast the worst is the Heart Scale at $0.5 per mile (That's bad)!

"Why?" You may ask. Because charts are cool! In all seriousness, this chart gives any farmer who doesn't wish to wait for the cool-down between game-syncs earn more money in the most efficient order of items purchased. Remember that the website will reset the amount you can buy every time you Game-Sync, this IS NOT a daily thing.

So, to further illustrate why this chart is the best, here are the prices compared to Lumiose's PokéMiles Shop:

MFmiH5o.png

As you can see, there is a huge difference in the return of money per mile spent when you buy items from the in-game shop (In some cases almost 1/3 the return).

Notes and Thoughts

• You need to Game Sync to reset the items on the Global Link PokeMiles Shop,
    • You should never buy items from Lumiose's shop, and always shop online for maximum profit,
    • (Exception being if you cannot game sync use the Lumiose chart to buy the best items first),
    • Getting a distant friend could make this process very very fast,
    • These graphs may not be accurate for very long if they balance this out.

Thanks for reading, I hope this has helped someone out!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Thanks for this. If it didn't help anyone else it helped me out as I've been wondering how to build up money after the main game ends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks for this. If it didn't help anyone else it helped me out as I've been wondering how to build up money after the main game ends.

No problem, I'm going to try to make a few more guides as well, stay tuned haha.

Years
  • Or you could farm money with BalmMushrooms by battling in Restaurant Le Wow. Yes, it requires $100k to start, but after that it's faster.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Thanks to provide good information and i am searching from many times.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    thanks for sharing these statistics... I thought bout this too but I needed much harder evidence than me speculating things, so this helps alot thank you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Or you could farm money with BalmMushrooms by battling in Restaurant Le Wow. Yes, it requires $100k to start, but after that it's faster.

This method is actually very useful if you haven't completed your Pokedex, and provides the means to buy some Rare Candy or PP Ups in the event you need some. I don't want to compare the two methods until I know how much time each of them takes.

Thanks to provide good information and i am searching from many times.

No problem, glad it helped!

thanks for sharing these statistics... I thought bout this too but I needed much harder evidence than me speculating things, so this helps alot thank you!

Haha, no problem dude. The statistics were fun for me so I had no problem doing it. Glad to see it helped people other than myself!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    If I'm not mistaken, you do not buy Heart Scales anywhere (youeventually trade them to have moves relearned). Therefore, I wonder whether it should even be included in your chart analysis since there is no purchase amount and the only way to "buy" them is with PokéMiles.

Unless they CAN be bought in this gen and I just don't know.

Years
  • This method is actually very useful if you haven't completed your Pokedex, and provides the means to buy some Rare Candy or PP Ups in the event you need some. I don't want to compare the two methods until I know how much time each of them takes.

I think this method is useful if you're solely planning to collect Rare Candies and PP Ups. I don't think it should be the main method of making money in this game.

If I'm not mistaken, you do not buy Heart Scales anywhere (youeventually trade them to have moves relearned). Therefore, I wonder whether it should even be included in your chart analysis since there is no purchase amount and the only way to "buy" them is with PokéMiles.

He's basing the pricing on their sale value.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    He's basing the pricing on their sale value.
    I know. And that's not a good basis for comparison for any item that cannot be purchased. Say we could sell them for 500 Pokédollars apiece. That would alter the chart.

The fact that we cannot buy them basically says that it cannot be compared like Lemonade, which is normally purchasable, as are other items.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know. And that's not a good basis for comparison for any item that cannot be purchased. Say we could sell them for 500 Bells apiece. That would alter the chart.

The fact that we cannot buy them basically says that it cannot be compared like Lemonade, which is normally purchasable, as are other items.

That's the problem I find in this guide as well. For more examples, Rare Candies and PP Ups are worth more than their sale price suggests because you can't find them in stores.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I know. And that's not a good basis for comparison for any item that cannot be purchased. Say we could sell them for 500 Bells apiece. That would alter the chart.

No idea what bells are, but it doesn't matter if the item can be purchased or not. The graph illustrates the amount of miles needed in order to purchase the items. It then shows their worth, and by contrast if you know how selling in pokemon works, you will know their sales price.

I use this information to create Dollars per Mile, which illustrates the amount of money you get in return for purchasing an item with Miles. I'm not comparing items, I'm comparing their worth. The fact the items can be sold is all that matters.

That's the problem I find in this guide as well. For more examples, Rare Candies and PP Ups are worth more than their sale price suggests because you can't find them in stores.

Doesn't matter, that's not what the guide is about. The guide is strictly related to the value of the items in comparison to the amount of PokeMiles spent.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • If I'm not mistaken, you do not buy Heart Scales anywhere (youeventually trade them to have moves relearned). Therefore, I wonder whether it should even be included in your chart analysis since there is no purchase amount and the only way to "buy" them is with PokéMiles.

not necessarily, heart scales are obtainable if you know which pokemon holds them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    No idea what bells are...
    Ignore that. I mixed up Animal Crossing currency with my post.

I use this information to create Dollars per Mile, which illustrates the amount of money you get in return for purchasing an item with Miles. I'm not comparing items, I'm comparing their worth. The fact the items can be sold is all that matters.
    I see. However, I do not believe people are going to be rushing to find the thing that they can sell for the most profit. If they were to do that, then it basically ruins the point of the exchange (getting items to help the quest). I just got a ton of PokéMiles from a couple of Japan trades added to my PGL once again and plan to put some Heart Scales away. They are useful more than before since we can't clone and basically create the same Pokémon without having to breed or catch it.

not necessarily, heart scales are obtainable if you know which pokemon holds them.
    Reread my statement. I did not include finding them on other Pokémon. It is still irrelevant.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Thanks for the guide. It seems like a lot of games like Animal Crossing and GTA are utilizing systems like this. Besides the Battle Chateau this seems like a great way to make large sums of cash post game.

Back