• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Inferno Red

Due to the request to have 2 regions (Kanto, Sevii and ???), which would you prefer?

• Johto (As it is connected to Kanto, plus see Johto 3 years prior to GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Hoenn (As the Kanto games take place at the same time as RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCN

Poketuber
Years
  • This looks and sounds amazing so far. Any idea when it might release? I'd love to do an LP of it on my channel

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    well I knew that it's impossible to do super training as we know it but glad to hear that something has been considered to rectify the EV issues, I'll keep checking back.

Years
  • In my opinion, i would like all 2 regions, that means: Kanto + Sevil + Johto + Hoenn, i just think about it because up to now there are no hack version include more than 2 regions, if you can, this hack is a newest and the most interesting ever. But if we must choose 1 of them, i suggest Hoenn. Kanto + Johno are in G/S/C and HG/SS, it must be something newer, so i choose Kanto + Hoenn :D

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • In my opinion, i would like all 2 regions, that means: Kanto + Sevil + Johto + Hoenn, i just think about it because up to now there are no hack version include more than 2 regions, if you can, this hack is a newest and the most interesting ever. But if we must choose 1 of them, i suggest Hoenn. Kanto + Johno are in G/S/C and HG/SS, it must be something newer, so i choose Kanto + Hoenn :D

Have you ever heard of Glazed, Resolute or Broken Timeline?

Years
  • Have you ever heard of Glazed, Resolute or Broken Timeline?

Sorry for my low knowledge, i'm currently playing Glazed, I mean no more than 2 regions from "Main Regions" in the series such as: Kanto, Johto,... :) For the hacks with more than 2 regions, i think there were fake regions like fakemons (if not true sorry again :( ), anyway i hope this hack includes Kanto + Johto + Hoenn :D

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    ¡Oh Gawd, that last screenshot is AMAZING!
    Now you just need to modify the White Textbox with the battle commands and it will feel pretty much like a totally new game <3

Cya~
    Not sure where the graphics for that would be located. But, if I can find it, I'll edit it.

Wow Frankie, the screenshots look soooo sexy, I really love them (well, I've already seen them before, but still, they ARE sexy!)!
    I'd like it, if you did the Johto region, I really want to play in Johto again.
    Whatever the survey chooses will be the region.

This looks and sounds amazing so far. Any idea when it might release? I'd love to do an LP of it on my channel
    There'll at least be an alpha or beta within 2015. But, nothing concrete at this point. Would rather not rush it.

well I knew that it's impossible to do super training as we know it but glad to hear that something has been considered to rectify the EV issues, I'll keep checking back.
    Yep! No problem, EV training can get super repetitive.

In my opinion, i would like all 2 regions, that means: Kanto + Sevil + Johto + Hoenn, i just think about it because up to now there are no hack version include more than 2 regions, if you can, this hack is a newest and the most interesting ever. But if we must choose 1 of them, i suggest Hoenn. Kanto + Johno are in G/S/C and HG/SS, it must be something newer, so i choose Kanto + Hoenn :D
    It'll either be Kanto, Sevii and Johto or Kanto, Sevii and Hoenn. Can't do all four areas, there won't be anywhere near enough memory for that and I'm trying to not expand the ROM as much as possible. There's the DS sprites, all the repointing, cries, etc. that are more of a priority in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Wow, this looks amazing so far! I've been looking for a complete 721 pokemon hack for a while now
    Will you be editing any of the pokemon stats/moves? Or HMs?

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Wow, this looks amazing so far! I've been looking for a complete 721 pokemon hack for a while now
    Will you be editing any of the pokemon stats/moves? Or HMs?
    Most of them will be to 6th Gen standards. Although, I plan on doing a custom batch of TMs available. So, it won't match any generation there.

First battle background inserted:
    Pokémon Inferno Red

Not a mock-up, this is how it actually looks!

Last edited:

Ttar0914

Years
  • Btw Frankie, are you going to add the Rocket Executives (Archer, Ariana, Proton, Petrel) in Inferno Red's Kanto story as well?

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yaaay! 1000/10 for an extended Kanto story! Also, your hack is one more reason for me to subscribe on your thread (even though I can see any of your updates somewhere else xD) :D
    Yep! At this point, they'll more than likely be updated simultaneously.

Hey great screenshot and good luck with the project.
    P.S. What happen to that charmander? He is figthing a Caterpie of all things o_O
    It was actually just a quick loaded save and it was weakened from testing against the newer Pokémon, Caterpie itself did not damage Charmander that much.

Found a way around the Parcel issue I was having:
    Pokémon Inferno Red

Years
  • Hmmm, Can you move the effect of HMs into 1 key items? Of course Pokemon can still learn HMs. Or revamp HMs to be more useful, i know players get tired of 1 weak pokemon hold 4 HMs in team :p and me too..

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Hmmm, Can you move the effect of HMs into 1 key items? Of course Pokemon can still learn HMs. Or revamp HMs to be more useful, i know players get tired of 1 weak pokemon hold 4 HMs in team :p and me too..
    HM's are totally deleteable now. I do want there to be less HM useage, but they won't be outright removed in the game. But, you can delete 'em with any regular move like a TM would.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    if you hadn't decided on the regions in the game it should be kanto, sevii and johto IMO. After all G/S was second gen, it'd be worthwile to go with the canon flow of the areas explored in the game's world. Plus a lot of FR/LG's characters continually reference Johto a lot, especially when we factor the remaining rocket faction that was busy in the Sevii Islands post-game, when the scientist who steals the sapphire for Celio's computer mentions the GSC rival character being Giovanii's son.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I personally prefer Hoenn too.
    Not specifically for being my favourite region, i chose it because there are too many Johto HackROMs already :/
    G/S Chronicles, Ruby Renev, Liquid Crystal, Crystal Shards, etc, etc, etc :/ ...
    So it would be pretty nice to see at least one different version of Hoenn than the R/Z/E/RO/SA version..

Cya~

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    if you hadn't decided on the regions in the game it should be kanto, sevii and johto IMO. After all G/S was second gen, it'd be worthwile to go with the canon flow of the areas explored in the game's world. Plus a lot of FR/LG's characters continually reference Johto a lot, especially when we factor the remaining rocket faction that was busy in the Sevii Islands post-game, when the scientist who steals the sapphire for Celio's computer mentions the GSC rival character being Giovanii's son.
    True, but I'm going to let the majority decide and right now it looks like it'll be Hoenn. May do a polling a few more times and just add the totals together of all the polls.

For me Kanto & Hoenn is much better thats why im vote for hoenn the 2nd will be a region :D (as i can see hoenn much highest vote) XD goodluck this~
    As of right now, Hoenn still seems to be the choice so far by most of you guys.

I personally prefer Hoenn too.
    Not specifically for being my favourite region, i chose it because there are too many Johto HackROMs already :/
    G/S Chronicles, Ruby Renev, Liquid Crystal, Crystal Shards, etc, etc, etc :/ ...
    So it would be pretty nice to see at least one different version of Hoenn than the R/Z/E/RO/SA version..

Cya~
    Good point, there are many Johto hacks. Hoenn (if after the second round of polling is still the choice), it'll have bits and parts of both games. Maybe even some battles against Aqua and or Magma, or you'll go to Hoenn around the time Brendan/May's journey would be hitting about 8 badges. If I can somehow implement it, perhaps Battle Frontier could return?

Only actual update I have for you guys right now is, that Posion works like 5th Gen+. Thanks to the offset change the daniilS posted in the quick development thread.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh yes battle frontier is a must, regardless of additional regions or no additional regions. It adds so much more one can do post-game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back