• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger: Legends in the Making - OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibazKitsune

♥Jolteon Lover♥
Years
  • I love the idea. =) May I reserve a spot ShadowFaith?
    My sheet will be up shortly for you to review. =D

Name:
    Rachel Leywai.

Description:
    Ranger Looks: The basic attire is what she plainly wears when out on missions or training, of course. Her liking of the choice to wear the said uniform though? Not so much. She has a distaint feeling whenever she straps the required suit on. Her light auburn hair retracts down to the middle of her back as she keeps it neatly arranged in a formal ponytail manner. A red sweatband covers her forehead ( like the female picture for the ranger attire ) with strands of auburn draping across. Lastly with her ranger attire she carries a slightly darker, red colored backpack with the following items:

- A light maroon colored pokedex, complete with the tracker. Her needs of carrying one are crucial and benificial to Rachel's needs; as she loves to locate and collect heeds and countless information when not in duty.
    - She carries her share of camping and cooking equipment. Though not much because of her ravenous needs. She believes that limiting herself is needed for her own survival when out on her own. Besides that fact, she carries more food for her Pokemon party than she does herself.
    - Her party Pokemon. When not out and about they are neatly kept safe and warm in their own contraptions we like to call their 'pokeballs'.
    - Carrying with her are another pair of her traditional ranger attire. Complete with slight extra equipment located in their pockets. Which include an extra mobile, scarce first-aid, and a single pocke knife.
    Her attatched material that she carries along with her are her mobile; dark green to match her favorite forest surroundings; a pouch of first-aid equipment; complete with medical spray, gauze, and a very small bottle of liquid peroxide; lastly she carries with her a badge of recongnition stating her ranking heed in the ranger's league.

Normal Looks: Asside from her usual ranger attire she also has normal street clothing to change to once in a while when not on duty. Rachel wears her casual white blouse with a v-neck collar. A very light design of an electrical print designs itself along the bottom stitchings of the blouse. It's color makes her fairly tanned skin look darker in the lighting. Aside from her top her bottom consist of a long pair of blue, bell bottomed jeans. The pockets aren't fairly large. She wears a loose belt around her waist. The pink, silver studded belt hangs delicately from her hip to mid-thigh. Her shoes are a normal, very plain pair, of white, green laced tennis shoes.

Physical Features: Rachel's physical features, despite the latter above is somewhat medium-petite. Coming from a short-handed family her build is a maximum of 5'2 with a weight of 92 lbs. Her face gives off a soft complextion of not that many sharp angles. More of a relaxed facial expression. She has a pattern of well alligned, light brown freckles across the bridge of her nose to the bottom of her cheeks; though, they began to have slight transparancy when under lightings. Her hair is a fair auburn, reflecting a slight red in the brighter day than to the afternoon and nightly settings. Her hair comes short at about middle back and can be seen cascading delicately over her forest green eyes; Rachel's eyes have slight specks of brown near the pupils. They are rarely seen though, unless you're inches away from her face-then-it's barely seen really. Her nose is petite but has a slight curve to the bridge; slightly resembles a pixie manor, but, not quite. Her lips are lightly lined. Thinned with slight color of plum. To finish her features a light abnormal marking of darker skin traces lighlty in a small part of her neck; mostly in the shape of an icicle somewhat.

Personality:
    Rachel is a hopeful child. Optimist may I say so myself. Whether it's a choice between the life of another or perhaps trying to succeed in the heap of a mission or battle she tries to fish out her luck. Hoping to reel in the bait of her wishes. Rachel is a down to earth female. She likes to expirement with her surrounding earth. Loving the outdoors, she's been the one to hike or camp out alot. In her own hopes of adventure. Rachel is calm most era's but can be seen out of her shell as arrogant and very rude to some. Though she tries to portray herself as a shy, quiet person.

Hopes:
    Rachel's hopes are for her to one day break free from her bound training and reach something greater. With this at mind she wants to reach the goal of at least becoming a Qualified Ranger. Though the mind of reaching greater potential is something to put on mind yes, but she rather keep those thoughts for when she reached her main objective. She wouldn't mind though, when have reached her goal to work on becoming a Forest Ranger. Her dream wish is to roam with the forest Pokemon, to help out those in need. That is also her secret desire to overcome.

History:
    Rachel was born into a family located around Ilex Forest close to Azalea Town in the Johto region. Her family wasn't wealthy nor poor, but weren't that sufficient in funds either. She grew up as the youngest in a family of three. Looking up to her older two brothers as idols she wished to be like them one day. But, as the years passed they both departed for their own journeys and she barely ever saw the duo since then. On her thirteenth birthday as she reached the blossoming years of her teenage adolescence her parents had given Rachel her first partner. Since Rachel wasn't a certified trainer she kept her first Pokemon as a stay at home guardian. His name was Fruo and at that time he was a very young Shinx. They were very find of one another. To Rachel she believed that one day Fruo and her would become life long, world famous trainers. But, as the years continued on that soonly changed Rachel's perception of her future.
    Rachel was now fifteen. Two years had passed since her and Fruo became close-linked allies. Rachel had been wandering in the woods as usual. Her favorite spare game whenver she had nothing else to do. But, what troubled her at that time was the unusual absence of her favorite forest Pokemon. The usual Weedles, the curious Oddish.....what happened to them she had wondered. The thought was cut short of, course. A raging inferno engulfed all around her. Smoke charcoaled almost everything. But, something had shimmered in her view. A shiny red cloth shined through the debri and the squeaks of a Rattata began to lead Rachel towards the cloth. Without hesitation Rachel of course followed. Her vision though blurred. When she finally came through her saviors were a duo known respectively as Forest Rangers. Being saved by the due changed her perception of her future on that very day. So, when Rachel turned eighteen she embarked to the Hoenn region and began her life-long path into the Rangers.

Other:
    Rachel loves the idea of working as a team. Though, when confronted with tough decisions she rather leave the task to her partner. Whether it's a life or death choice, she can never choose. For fear of the worst may happen. While also working as a team Rachel also loves solo work. Though, the decisions come much harder for her to pull off on her own, she tries her best nonetheless keeping all the consequences that can seemingly happen at bay.

RPG Sample:

The sweet aroma of oran berries frisked it's way into the wooden frame of Rachel's home. Her eyes slightly fluttered at the scent, "So wonderful." Her voice slurred; her mind at a steady daze. Days like these were enough to put Rachel out in her own little world. The smells overpowered her senses and with a the click of fast action pokeball Rachel stood, hurrying herself out of the wooden cabin. Her legs pushed through the thicket of autumn leaves, their colors dazzling in the sight of a brisk morning.

Within Rachel's movement she hadn't seen the small electric Pokemon bouncing his little tail towards her now running body. He word a dazzling coat of blues and yellows and was a spunky little guy. With a shout of his growl, Rachel's head slightly turned, "Shinx!" The creature yelled, pumping his small body through the leaves and into his running partner's open arms.

"Fruo, you silly little Shinx. You're not supposed to be out." Rachel tisked as she continued her pace through the leaves and onto a goldenrod colored, dirt road. She kept her movement swift but her actions careful since she now carried a bundle in her thin arms, "If mom caught us both out and about her suspisions rise. You know that." Rachel frowned but let out a slight chuckle, "No worries. We'll just hurry on back as soon as we pick us some Oran Berries." Rachel had beamed, hearing a pleasure of squeaks from the frisky Shinx.

The two finally made their ways from the path into a darker forrest. The aroma flew past their nostrils, enveloping their minds with a tasteful perplexion. Rachel still kept ahold of the Shinx, keeping his squirming body still as a few wild Budew shuffled by, "Oh, wow....mom never let us here." Rachel grinned, watching a few visible Caterpie's with a soft content sigh, "Well Fruo, let's get those berries." Smiling, she placed the little Shinx down. Rachel briefly watched as he ran about, finally able to be free of Rachel's binding arms. Finally, the two began their way down a narrow dirt path covered with fresh moss and dew, not yet touched by the neighboring Pokemon.

Rachel and Fruo traveled for what seemed like twenty long, glorious minutes. The sights and views breathtaking, "I never knew such wonderful things could be...." The two had come across taller tress now, the scents lucious(sp?) and mouth watering. Rachel felt a singe strike her stomach, curling into a few knots, "Oooooh. I felt this scent before when we were at our house. You remember, right Fruo?" Rachel quickly mumbled with a click of her tounge, searching for the culprit's(sp?) smell. As her eyes searched the grounds something lightly plopped onto her head falling onto the ground near her feet. Rachel silently winced, glancing towards the ground as Fruo took the small blue orb into his mouth, "What do you have there?" She questioned, leaning to his level, plucking the blue orb between his sharp teeth. As she did so, the blue ord sliced into two, one part in Fruo's mouth the other in Rachel's palm, "Fruo!" She gasped, looking at her electric Pokemon then at the blue crecent in her palm. A lush scent flew out, overpowering her nostrils. A soft smile plastered across her face, "You're such a good boy! You found our Oran Berries!" She rejoiced cocking her head upwards, seeing the berries from high up.

Rachel stood on her two skinny legs and arched her back slightly, pumping her legs to a downwards position and pushing herself up off the ground. Her height only enabled her to grab the lowest of berries, but strength only got her a couple. Frowning at her disposition, she let out a sigh of distaint, "I despise being short, you know that Fruo?" Groaning, her eyes traced back down to her Shinx, seeing his complexion fill with envy. Quickly catching the look Rachel let out a nervous laugh, "I know....I know....I'm lucky to have the height I have." She bitterly sighed, chewing her bottom lip in deep thought, her eyes now skimmming the lower branches of the Oran trees.

With a snap of her fingers Rachel let out a sigh of defeat, "We're not going to be able to get more than these two." Rachel moaned, "I really did want a basket full but hey, we don't even own a basket." Rachel caused herself to chuckle slightly, "Oh, well. We can share these two, eh?" Smiling she leaned down to face her little Shinx, stroking his fine electric filled fur, "I hope you enjoy!" Beaming, she held one of the berries in her her palm, outstretched her arm and held the berry out for the Shinx to devour.

Fruo happilly took heed of the berry, chewing with delight. He let out a stray spark, overwhelming himself in the taste that snuck out of the berry.

Chuckling once more Rachel consumed her own. Her mouth filled with a slightly bitter tinge but nonetheless a grin formed, "So good." She contently sighed, retracting the Shinx into her slim arms, rising up and turning around, "Let's head back before mom kills the both of us." Rachel laughed. She felt her Shinx squeak with a small laugh as well, "Silly Fruo." Rachel sheepishly smiled, shaking her head as she slowly forced her legs to go forth, making their way back home down the long, goldenrod path.

Pokemon

Lead Pokemon

Name: Rione.

Species: Eevee. ( Male ).

Personality: Rione bears likeness to that of his trainer. He's optimistic when it comes to decisions. Yet, he's very rash and haste when it comes to the forelong if he ever does decide. Having a sweet spot for delicious aroma's you can always find him sniffing the air like a hypnotic child with his/her candy. Thus, when this happens Rione has a hard time forgetting and abandoning the scent. A problem when in a mission with lots of different smells.

Description:
    Rione has darker colored fur than most Eevee's. His fur comes in a chocolate color more so than a light brown. His very light, light, brown fluff is instead painted a little differently; consisting of a slight carmel. His eyes are a fairly dark color of brown, with hints of yellow flickered into the pupil area. Rione bears a Ranger's badge like his partner. The badge is located around his left ear, conected to a dark red ribbon.

Other: He prefers the daylight over the darkness of night.

Back Up Pokemon

Name: Botan.

Species: Buizel. ( Female ).

Personality: Botan is very sassy and quick witted when dealing with others. She's fast with action yet rash and can come off pretty haste.

Back Up Pokemon

Name: Roku.

Species: Houndour. ( Male ).

Personality: Roku has the persona of a ruffian. Gruff on the outside but tender inside. His first impression to anyone would be a dog with much bite, fierce attitude. But really, Roku is just a pup who is misunderstood with the wits of a pup.

If my sheet needs improving please tell me and I'll be sure to fix whatever mistakes I made. =) And, yes, my RPG sample will be posted soon. I just need to think it up then type. I just wanted you to already see my sheet first hand. XD

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm still working on the Pokemon section. With school and all I've been getting slower and slower about checking PC :(

Rii

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Reina works well alone, probably better alone actually. lol

Years
  • Koneko: I'm still not sure, you haven't really taken into account what I said about the use of commas and full stops and I'm not sure if you'r up to the RPG...But then again I don't really like turning people away and not giving them the chance. Your accepted, but don't feel as if I'm picking on you if I say something during the RPG, I'm genuinelly gonna be trying to help okay ^_^ As long as your fine with that, then I will accept you. Accepted-Pending.

Pikalover: Accepted! Thanks for editing ^_^

Rii: I need you to edit that into your personality ^_^;; Sorry for not being clear lol Accepted-Pending

Dark Link: Brilliant =D Accepted!

Lostt: Of course ^_^ Reserved! Get it up ASAP because I will be starting soon =D

Callando: Cool ^o^ Accepted!

Kibaz: All is well ^_^ I can't see any need to improve...but if you want me to be INCREDIBLY picky, then you could add how your character does alone and working with a team XD Either way when you get your RPG sample up I can't see any reason for you not to be accepted ^_^ Accepted-Pending.

Symphony: School comes first, thats fine ^_^ If you find it too hard to keep up with don't be afraid to tell me okay =D

Oooookay! I'll get my sign up shortly and I may even start it today ^_^ So get your RPG samples and edits done so we can get a move on =D

EDIT: FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CHANGE THEY'RE AGE TO 16 OR 17 THEN YOU CAN. I HAVE REDUCED TEH AGE REQUIERMENT!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    will you be giving us our Ranger Missions or are we going to have to make them up ourselves

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    can I have a mission later on that calls for me to dive under the ocean

Years
  • I'm going to give you all a chance at every type of mission so yu don't have to worry about that ^_^ The water missions are normally kept for the special rangers but of course I will need to give you the oppertunity to follow your hopes so yes you will be having an under water mission in the future ^_^

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I wouldn't do that, I was just asking, I wasn't trying to be mean

KibazKitsune

♥Jolteon Lover♥
    Years
  • I fixed my sheet. =) I added the RPG sample and added a bit to the 'Other' section adding a bit more info on how she works solo. The team part was already there before, so, I didn't add to that since nothing particulary came to mind. XD;

Anyways, my RPG sample sort of sucks and might have some typos and such. ._. Sorry for that. Dx Anyways, hope you like it. =)

And hooray! Thanks for accepting me. =D

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Please can I join

Name: Scott Kent

Desctiption: Scott changes his ranger uniform to suit the conditions normaly it would be as standard but with a red baseball cap instead of a sweat band. When it is cold he wears a long sleeve jacket with a hood, no base ball cap, full lenght trousers and a black scarf.

When not in his uniform you will probarbly find Scott wearing either a pair of combats or jeans, a random t-shirt (the first one he could find) and a hoodie.

His backpack is a standard back pack with three pockets, the main one, one on the left and one on the right. It is gray and blue, he picked it because it is light weight yet strong. Scotts other equipment includes a green sleeping bag and a silver pen knife(with knife, fork, spoon). His mobile phone is an old blue clam phone. He also carries a baseball bat for his own protection, while walkin he slides it between his backpack and back.

Personalty: Scott is a realy outdoorsy person, he hates being cooped up. He has a wide range of skills such as climbing and swimbing. He is independant and dislikes being told what to do, this offten means that he has trouble getting on with other people. Scott aims to become a messanger ranger and become at least a elite rank within the pokemon rangers organisation.

History: Scott was born and brought up on a farm in Jhoto. He lived there with his mum and dad until he was 17. The farm Scott lived on was quite remote and so Scott only had a few friends, they spent there time climbing, swiming and expolring. This is the reason for Scotts love of the out doors.

Aged 17 Scott set out to become a pokemon trainer. He set off but soon stopped, he found the life too hetic, he disliked having to go in to large cities for supplies all the time. It was while on his travels that he heard about the rangers and their aims and he decide to join.

Pokemon

Lead

Name: Pidgey (No nicknames)

Species: Pidgey

Personality: Pidgey loves being out doors as much as Scott, however unlike Scott it prefers to spend it's time with other pokemon instead of alone. It tends to spend most it's time flying and what little time it has left is spent eating or sleeping. Scott has never trained pidgey to fight. Pidgey has a playful nature and likes to play with other pokemon whenever the chance arises.

Description: Pidgey is a fairly normal pidgey, except it wears a red bandana tied round it's neck, this is where Scott puts it's ranger symbol.

Backup 1

Species: Spinarak

Back up 2

Species: Krabby

RP sample: from the upriseing

Paul had been on the run for several weeks and his stolen supplies had almost run out. He had ran out of food ages ago and while he had been eating beries he was always hungry. Also he only had two potions remaining most of them had been used up healing Slash who was not used to fighting when they first ran away. The only other remaining stolen goods Paul had were ten empty pokeballs, an escape rope and five stat boosting items.
    It was time to get more supplies Paul decided, so at the next town he decided to stop, the town was crystal city. Outside the city Paul asked Slash to get into his pokeball, Slash refused turning his head up at Paul, Slash hated his pokeball.
    "Ok if you won't get in your pokeball, I'll go in there by myself." Paul said knowing Slash hated leaving him alone even more than being in his pokeball. That was all it took to convince Slash to go back in his pokeball, with Slash safely stored away on his belt which was hidden under a long shirt, Paul set off in to crystal city.
    The first thing Paul did was buy some tinned food and a can opener, he would eat the food if he couldn't find any berries in the future. Next Paul set off window shopping for anything that could be useful. While he was wandering around he heard a noise and looked round, the noise came from a man hole that was being opened in a near by alleyway. Paul hid behind some bins and watched as a girl climbed out of the man hole followed by another girl, a boy and a woman. The woman was holding something, it was a gun! Some thing happened Paul didn't see what and one of the girls fell to the floor. Then a man turned up and together the man and the woman took the two girls and the boy away. They must be in trouble Paul thought, he had to find out what was going on.
    Paul followed them to a large building with a sign that read PXS, when he got near the building Paul noticed that there were gaurds near the building and hid from sight in some nearby bushes. While Paul was hiding he noticed another boy arrive with a pikachu and an espeon, he moved forward towards the boy, meaning to talk to him but then he thought what if he is with the PXS and stopped. As Paul placed his foot down Paul stood on a twig and it broke with a "Crack", Paul stood completely still as the boy turned and looked right past him. The boy hid his pokemon and set off again round the back of the building. Paul moved away from the building, deeper in to the woods and once he was out of sight of the building he released Slash.
    "So what do you think then, are you up for going in there?" Paul asked, Slash responded with a "Scyyy" swinging its scythes eagerly.
    "How are we going to get in then?" Paul asked and the began to come up with a plan. When they had finished it was too late to start moving so they ate some berries and slept ready to go in at sun rise.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    why am I under (ACCEPTED/PENDING) when other people are just under (ACCEPTED)

Years
  • The Warden: Accepted

Koneko: I changed it.

Namora: Your reserved ^_^

Kabaz: You are now fully accepted.

Now I'm going to ask a mod to move this to the RPG lounge for me so I may start another thread for the RPG, so keep an eye out for it =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back