• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All These Regular People...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
Years
  • Absurdly good like..They look like they could be real Pokemon

About the trade evos. GOOD! xD

Not that I want to insult your taste, but...

This is a real pokémon. It looks like a cross between a balloon and, uh, something more phallic. :P

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Not that I want to insult your taste, but...

This is a real pokémon. It looks like a cross between a balloon and, uh, something more phallic. :P

But you are showing me a 3rd Gen Pokemon.
    3rd and 4th Gen are THE WORST Gen's.

If it could look like a 1st or 2nd Gen, then it's awesome. xD

M@XWeru

Years
  • But you are showing me a 3rd Gen Pokemon.
    3rd and 4th Gen are THE WORST Gen's.

If it could look like a 1st or 2nd Gen, then it's awesome. xD

Then, we are agreed. I can't say I love generation 2, but it's acceptable.

Well, since I can't very well have you approve of each one beforehand, none it is. Yet another thing to save for next time.

And please don't quote pictures. It's such a tremendous waste of space. D:

Last edited:

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Well, since I can't very well have you approve of each one beforehand, none it is. Yet another thing to save for next time.

I must admit I am a little sad that there won't be any homemade pokemon, but on the other hand, you did say that you were going to use them a next time, so I'll be looking for that.

I am excited to get this RPG going! Also, if I remember correctly, you said that you might add an extra person depending on their sign-up, so if someone doesn't get accepted, you might add them anyway, but with a completly different role, am I correct?

M@XWeru

Years
  • I must admit I am a little sad that there won't be any homemade pokemon, but on the other hand, you did say that you were going to use them a next time, so I'll be looking for that.

I am excited to get this RPG going! Also, if I remember correctly, you said that you might add an extra person depending on their sign-up, so if someone doesn't get accepted, you might add them anyway, but with a completly different role, am I correct?

I said that? Knowing me, I probably did. This isn't really the sort of situation I imagined would call for it, but if the psychic contestants are interested - sure, I guess. It's a less interesting idea (at least in my head) than the others, and whoever gets that character is gonna end up with a Rattata for a first pokémon. :P

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
  • I said that? Knowing me, I probably did. This isn't really the sort of situation I imagined would call for it, but if the psychic contestants are interested - sure, I guess. It's a less interesting idea (at least in my head) than the others, and whoever gets that character is gonna end up with a Rattata for a first pokémon.
    XDD I swear I read that somewhere, I just went looking for it but to no avail, I can't find it. It would be very interesting to have a fourth person - and heck, they could even be one of the trio's rival, but that's only a suggestion.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • XDD I swear I read that somewhere, I just went looking for it but to no avail, I can't find it. It would be very interesting to have a fourth person - and heck, they could even be one of the trio's rival, but that's only a suggestion.
    Actually, I wouldn't mind doing that. Though I'd have to change Gabu's history completely (but still have had him attend the same school as the others), and he can be just like Yellow from PokeSpecial XD

Though I like him being a psychic, too... And if he were to become a rival (that is, saying you let me in this RP), he'd be more of a friendly rival (like the RSE/DPPt rival), though he would act a bit more distant from the Rocket member, probably XD

M@XWeru

Years
  • The rival idea, though interesting, would basically force me to do two separate role plays. :\ Never mention that the second one would require even more feedback from NPCs and the world than the first. I don't think I can do that at this time.

I'm unsure of the fourth character as it is. Though, admittedly, the fourth character I have in mind would probably be the most suited to a adventure alone.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Again, I'm not really one for this suggestion :/

From experience, I enjoy roleplays with less people; and three seems like a perfect number.

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
  • The rival idea, though interesting, would basically force me to do two separate role plays. :\ Never mention that the second one would require even more feedback from NPCs and the world than the first. I don't think I can do that at this time.

I'm unsure of the fourth character as it is.

Hmm... I never thought of it that way, and you're right, that would take a lot more work on your part than any of the rp'ers, though you still will probably have more work to do than any of us trying out for the RPG, and those of us who are actually accepted, combined.

M@XWeru

Years
  • Mhmm. I have some writin' and some contemplatin' left to do, but the final choices and the opening post should be up within the next twelve hours.

And, New Age Retro Hippie (I really get a kick out of writing your full user name), please do state your opinions on the matters of home made pokémon and adding a fourth character.

M@XWeru

Years
  • No, you say, and no it shall be - no home-made pokamanz. When it comes to adding a fourth character, however, it's turned out that there will be one. I've taken the collective identity of your characters as the 'Pallet trio' into account, and the discontinuities with the series should be minimal. At least in comparison to the ones that you, the players, are likely (and should be!) going to create.

Anyway, the final picks are as follows: Sir Aaron as the rich kid, New Age Retro Hippie as the psychic, Drunk ¬_¬ as the son of Giovanni and finally Serene as ye mysterious fourth character - it'll be up to her to introduce that 'un when she makes her first post. Congrats to you for the roles, and congrats to me for getting all the places filled. Lovely.

Okay, a final piece of foreword before I go on to start the game. This roleplay is classified as PG-17, because that is, as far as I could determine, the highest you're allowed to go. I do this not because I intend the game to be a violent orgy, but because I want freedom and a sense of risk. If a Kabutops slashes you over the gut, you won't be a pretty sight afterwards. People and pokémon can get seriously hurt and die in this game, and are likely to do so if they act stupidly. Watch out, because not all trainers are nice, and there are some things not even the pokémon centers can cure. In this regard, the role play will have similarities to Pokémon Special.

Another thing I should probably mention, that I didn't realize before now I might actually need to mention, is that even though we don't bother with the fine mechanics of the games, your pokémon will end up different depending on how you train them and how you treat them. Additionally, moves will follow logic and not game mechanics (and there are no PP). I'm not going to give you any examples of what I mean, because finding out is just one of the steps to becoming a great pokémon trainer :J. Like I constantly tell my tabletop role players - thinking like your characters will get you farther than thinking like yourselves. There is such a thing as 'game over' - try to avoid it.

Post this, let's all do our best to make this an enjoyable experience. Everyone gets their first-hand starter choice, so I'm hoping we're off to a good start. As for me, I'm off to get the first IC post up.

Any questions, requests or other kinds of spam, use this thread or PM me - whichever is more appropriate. Feel free to be hatin' on style, tone or whatever if you want. This game's not just for me, after all.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Aw, I didn't make the cut?
    That's too bad. But no hard feelings ^^

It was great meeting you M@X, and I wish you the best in your RP. :D
    And now, I bid you adieu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back