• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All These Regular People...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Yea, but what can you do?

Anyway, it appears that I don't have much competition. But I'm going to post an RP sample anyway.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Hmm... I know my SU may not be as good as Sir Aaron's, but I really think it's more or less the RPing skills the person has. I can give you quite a few examples, if you'd like, and see what you have to say about them.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    From ~|symphony's Rawltz & Rawltz Co.
    Spoiler:

From Old Lace's The Pokemon Adventure: Johto Region
    Spoiler:

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
    Hm.

Some minor, yet poignant spelling mistakes for both 'o you.

The overall style of this place is really bugging me. I really don't think it's necessary to insert a line break before every line in a conversation - I realize that the design of this forum is such that what might pass for a paragraph elsewhere turns into half a line here, but you could do with a lot less scrolling if you stuck to fewer line breaks. Also, while I do consider many of your posts to be fair-sized, a lot of them has oodles of interaction between several of your own characters, which is not going to be a large part of this role play - as such, they're pretty bad examples.

I'm not going to be more specific about what's good or bad about your applications or your examples now. With enough chances at editing, anyone can write a decent piece, and you're not going to get to edit your role playing posts much. I'll see about making final choices soon. It's getting to be time to get this one up.

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
    From Ninetales "Legendary Guardians";
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3671059#poststop
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3671059#poststop
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3704063#poststop
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3880279#poststop

From Kansas' "Team Havoc Fight Club (Revived)";
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3381774&highlight=Team+Havoc+Fight+Club#post3381774
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3314520#poststop
    (this one was my sign-up for the RPG, and I included a short RP sample at the end)

From Raichu Master's "Pokemon Evolution: Re-Loaded";
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3390062&highlight=Evolution:+Re-loaded#post3390062
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3390062&highlight=Evolution:+Re-loaded#post3390062
    (though not some of my finer work, it'll work I guess)

Also, I would like to note, that even though I haven't been very active in the past, I have alot of time on my hands now, due to the fact that I graduated last month.

M@XWeru

Years
    Looks good, though all but the newest ones had an awful amount of sentences beginning with 'he'. Watch out for that.

New question: How would everyone feel about it if I were to add some new (home-made) pokémon later on? Of course, they'll be described at length and come with pictures. This is just a whim, and not something I had in mind from the beginning. So if anyone says no, there won't be any.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Hm.

Some minor, yet poignant spelling mistakes for both 'o you.

The overall style of this place is really bugging me. I really don't think it's necessary to insert a line break before every line in a conversation - I realize that the design of this forum is such that what might pass for a paragraph elsewhere turns into half a line here, but you could do with a lot less scrolling if you stuck to fewer line breaks. Also, while I do consider many of your posts to be fair-sized, a lot of them has oodles of interaction between several of your own characters, which is not going to be a large part of this role play - as such, they're pretty bad examples.

I'm not going to be more specific about what's good or bad about your applications or your examples now. With enough chances at editing, anyone can write a decent piece, and you're not going to get to edit your role playing posts much. I'll see about making final choices soon. It's getting to be time to get this one up.

Well, I've always been taught to add a break after a scene change or when a new character speaks. I could find a better sample, If you like.

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
    Looks good, though all but the newest ones had an awful amount of sentences beginning with 'he'. Watch out for that.

New question: How would everyone feel about it if I were to add some new (home-made) pokémon later on? Of course, they'll be described at length and come with pictures. This is just a whim, and not something I had in mind from the beginning. So if anyone says no, there won't be any.

The bottom two were from the first RPG's I was in, but that was back at the beginning of last year, my writing has greatly improved since then, and since then I've learned how to write to peoples' expectations, so I'll keep what you want in mind if I get accepted.

As for you question, I am all for adding some of your home-made Pokemon, I love it when there's new species of pokemon introduced with every new game that comes out, so to me it would make this more exciting, but that's just my opinion, and I don't speak for everyone. So yeah, go for it!

M@XWeru

Years
    That's one in favour. I dislike the new pokémon, myself. I think the design dropped after the first 150, hit rock bottom in generation three and actually sank through the floor in the fourth game. Totally killed my interest - that's why I'm doing this. Still, the act of adding new pokémon is not fundamentally wrong unto itself (not *all* of them are horrible, either), and 150 is a little too few in my opinion, especially considering the prominence of grass/poison, rock/ground and ghost/poison.

Oh!

A few important parts I utterly forgot to mention in the introduction:
    1. All moves from all pokémon generations are available, and you're not limited to four on each pokémon.

2. Stats is a very, very loose concept here (common sense; Gyarados will have more luck bashing people physically than using special attacks), and we're not taking IV or any of that junk into consideration. The games are fun and deep, but ya know. Role play.

3. Evolution stones will do exactly that - evolve your pokémon. If it's electric, an electric stone will evolve it. Yes, you can get a Bulbasaur at level 1 and evolve it to Venusaur. You won't get any stones before that sort of thing becomes irrelevant anyway.

There was probably something more. Oh, well. In any case, if we do end up having home made pokémon in the game, those will be sort of like hidden bonuses. Depending on where you go and what you do, they'll become available.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    That's one in favour. I dislike the new pokémon, myself. I think the design dropped after the first 150, hit rock bottom in generation three and actually sank through the floor in the fourth game. Totally killed my interest - that's why I'm doing this. Still, the act of adding new pokémon is not fundamentally wrong unto itself (not *all* of them are horrible, either), and 150 is a little too few in my opinion, especially considering the prominence of grass/poison, rock/ground and ghost/poison.

Oh!

1. All moves from all pokémon generations are available, and you're not limited to four on each pokémon.

2. Stats is a very, very loose concept here (common sense; Gyarados will have more luck bashing people physically than using special attacks), and we're not taking IV or any of that junk into consideration. The games are fun and deep, but ya know. Role play.

3. Evolution stones will do exactly that - evolve your pokémon. If it's electric, an electric stone will evolve it. Yes, you can get a Bulbasaur at level 1 and evolve it to Venusaur. You won't get any stones before that sort of thing becomes irrelevant anyway.

There was probably something more. Oh, well. In any case, if we do end up having home made pokémon in the game, those will be sort of like hidden bonuses. Depending on where you go and what you do, they'll become available.
    Hmm... All moves, eh? Question - which movesets are you gonna follow (e.g. the Diamond/Pearl or Platinum movesets)?

Oh, and I like the idea of homemade Pokemon, plus the whole evolution process. Pretty nifty, if you ask me :3

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years

Oh!

I say no to Fakemon.
    I'm not one for them, unless they're absurdly good.

And will trade evolutions stay the same?

M@XWeru

Years
    I say no to Fakemon.
    I'm not one for them, unless they're absurdly good.

And will trade evolutions stay the same?

I don't know what 'absurdly good' entails. To me, that would be something way better than the real deal. ;P

Trade evolutions will not exist either. I always hated those. Your Haunters and Kadabras will evolve on their own.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I don't know what 'absurdly good' entails. To me, that would be something way better than the real deal. ;P

Trade evolutions will not exist either. I always hated those. Your Haunters and Kadabras will evolve on their own.

Absurdly good like..They look like they could be real Pokemon

About the trade evos. GOOD! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back