• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sparkly Grass Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
From 1:41 to 1:45, in the new trailer, the protagonist is running, while a patch of grass sparkles, and then he steps on top of the patch, and then gets an item or something. Could this be an improved Dowsing Machine? What else could it be?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
at first I thought that was a shiny patch, like the Pokeradar back in Gen IV. But when the protagonist got an item, I thought it was another new thing. I never thought of Dowsing Machine, though. Seems reasonable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh didn't notice that! Perhaps there's a 50% chance to find a certain Pokemon, and a 50% chance to find an item? I dunno, I find it strange you can find items from it. I'd very much like a pokeradar of sorts and for it to be an item or something to optionally find either just Pokemon or just items. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is neat! I really hope that Heart Scales are among the items that are in the sparkling grass; it might be a pain to look everywhere for them or having to do certain tasks for people to get them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
This sounds really fun, actually. I liked the introduction of shaking patches of grass - mainly to abuse Audinos - but this is a really good use for them, if it turns out to be as Reshiram Man describes it. It could certainly be a new way to get rare items on a semi-regular basis.

blue

gucci
Years
It could be randomly generated rare items (i.e stones) just like the shaking grass spots when hunting for Pokémon such as Audino.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They showed the Entralink part right before that so that may be from an Entralink encounter. I know there are Entralink missions where you have to hide items so that could have been what was done.

EDIT: Went onto Serebii and they had pictures already loaded and on the caption for the Pictures it says that the sparkling grass is the end to the Fes Mission.

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
They showed the Entralink part right before that so that may be from an Entralink encounter. I know there are Entralink missions where you have to hide items so that could have been what was done.

EDIT: Went onto Serebii and they had pictures already loaded and on the caption for the Pictures it says that the sparkling grass is the end to the Fes Mission.

I just looked at that on serebii. I guess it is okay. But really, way to troll people Gamefreak and Nintendo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I seriously thought I closed this after I edited my post but apparently I didn't. Opps.

Anyway since we know what the Sparkling grass is there prolly isn't any more discussion to be had on that specific topic, but if you wanna discuss the Fes Missions or any of the new features for B2W2 please visit New Game Features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back