• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Cerulean Spas - PC'S Supreme Beauty Club!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

Cerulean Spas

2153761-bigthumbnail.jpg

Welcome to the most luxurious spa this side of the internet! We are so delighted to have you!

In this club, we discuss anything and everything beauty related! From skin care to makeup, Cerulean Spas has it all! Furthermore, this club welcomes all individuals, from those with extensive skincare routines to those who are simply interested to learn a few tips, come one come all! This is a place where like-minded individuals can come together to dish on their beauty secrets as well as to feel a sense of rejuvenation! Therefore, it is a place to be cordial and respectful!

There will be monthly topics to discuss regarding one aspect of beauty or another, but the conversation may stray off-topic, of course! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

rihanna-makeup.gif

Sign-up:

If you wish to become a member of this club, please do fill out this sign-up and answer the following question!

Username:
    Beauty-related Interests: (Makeup, Skincare, Spa treatments, etc)
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day?

Members: Ninetales, VisionofMilotic, Lynx, Fairy

Last edited:
    Years
  • At last!! Now I have the opportunity to steal all of your beauty secrets! Sign me up!

My username: VisionofMilotic, and I also answer to Sam.

Beauty-related Interests: Makeup, skincare and hair. I use a lot of all natural products. I make my own soaps out of things like honey, Shea butter and aloe. In the summer I make homemade rosewater from the family garden and wash my face and hair in it.

I order makeup mostly from a small business in California that I found called Addictive Cosmetics. They used to have a shop on Etsy, but now I think they have their own venue.

https://www.addictivecosmetics.co/

This seller is a professional makeup artist who has homemade foundation, glitters, eyeshadow, bronzers, you name it, using only ingredients that are really good for the skin like aloe, coconut oil, vitamin e, olive oil, no fake colors or harmful chemicals, never animal testing. They are affordable, gorgeous and really healthy. What I live for are the neverending pages of lip colors she offers. The lip gloss I get the most compliments when I wear is a sorta burnt umber color called Sprung.

I like a few drops of a wonderful essential oil, especially middle note fragrances like rose, jasmine, geranium and lavender. Fragrances help me take my mind off of worries and any pain, and just give the environment a step up in class.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    At last!! Now I have the opportunity to steal all of your beauty secrets! Sign me up!

My username: VisionofMilotic, and I also answer to Sam.

Welcome aboard! So blessed that you have graced my humble Club with your presence!

giphy.gif

Beauty-related Interests: Makeup, skincare and hair. I use a lot of all natural products. I make my own soaps out of things like honey, Shea butter and aloe. In the summer I make homemade rosewater from the family garden and wash my face and hair in it.

Oooh! You'll have to give me a recipe for soap-making! I've always wanted to create my own soap as I know so many who've done it. Perhaps now will be the time to do so! May I ask what got you into soap-making? Is it a practice you've always done?

I order makeup mostly from a small business in California that I found called Addictive Cosmetics. They used to have a shop on Etsy, but now I think they have their own venue.

https://www.addictivecosmetics.co/

This seller is a professional makeup artist who has homemade foundation, glitters, eyeshadow, bronzers, you name it, using only ingredients that are really good for the skin like aloe, coconut oil, vitamin e, olive oil, no fake colors or harmful chemicals, never animal testing. They are affordable, gorgeous and really healthy. What I live for are the neverending pages of lip colors she offers. The lip gloss I get the most compliments when I wear is a sorta burnt umber color called Sprung.

I might just have to check this brand out! It sounds perfect for me, as I'm quite a makeup addict! Also, I agree with you. As much as I despise lipstick, there's something so alluring and beautiful about it. I don't have as many colours as I used to (I have mostly brown, mauve-nudes and a few variants of red) I could use some more!

I like a few drops of a wonderful essential oil, especially middle note fragrances like rose, jasmine, geranium and lavender. Fragrances help me take my mind off of worries and any pain, and just give the environment a step up in class.

This sounds lovely! There's truly something mesmerizing about fragrance that relaxes the mind, body, and spirit! Lavender is my personal favourite (I have amassed a collection of Lavender-scented candles that I refuse to burn for the purpose of preserving their aromas. It's ridiculous, I know.) I love to light candles when soaking in a bubble bath, I find that it's the epitome of relaxation and rejuvenation!

My question for you is, what's your favourite fragrance and why? Conversely, what's a scent that you don't care for?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not super into make-up and stuff, but I do love me some creams and lotions of various kinds :3

Username: skywalker

Beauty-related Interests: skin care, hair care, vitamins, beverages

What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? I nap or take a bath with a nice bath oil 🥰 or have a nice soothing cup of tea and sit down somewhere cozy listening to music that calms me down. A nice face mask is always refreshing too! Or foot cream and foot massage dear god it's underrated.

Years
  • Welcome aboard! So blessed that you have graced my humble Club with your presence!

giphy.gif

Rei Hino? Now the beauty secrets really will come out. I always thought she was the most beautiful senshi of all, especially in the manga.

She could look a little like you now that I think about it, especially since her eyes are almost more dark purpley. Definitely the svelte yet intense look with the long straight jet hair and flawless skin is yours

Oooh! You'll have to give me a recipe for soap-making! I've always wanted to create my own soap as I know so many who've done it. Perhaps now will be the time to do so! May I ask what got you into soap-making? Is it a practice you've always done?

Well, I have always liked luxurious bath products, and would often browse a Moravian gift shop in my town that sold things like candles, hand-carved picture frames and as well beautifully crafted artisan soaps. I would stock up on their rose-scented and lavender soap. The farmer's market was also a place I sometimes acquired soap from. There I discovered a good coffee bean bar that was great for my skin.

I started making my own soap many, many Christmases ago. My mother, who has the gift of gardening, was growing Loofah, and she had harvested of bunch of exfoliating sponges. For the holidays she arranged baskets with her sponges to send to love ones. That was when I first started experimenting with soap. I figured the sponges need to go with something! So I ordered a soap making kit to make something to add to her gift baskets. My first tries were pretty whacky. I tried to make a lavender bar, and used fresh lavender from the garden instead of drying it, so the plant rotted. Yikes! But I have gradually got better over the years XD

The primary methods I know of to make soap are melt and pour, rebatch, cold-press, and a variation on the cold process known as hot press.

I started with melt and pour, and that's definitely the best way for beginners to see if the soapmaking process is something they might be interested in because it will make your experience in the kitchen easy and safe.

Soap is a science, weighing water against percentages of lyes, melting down solid substances and combining oils to the right temperature and it can be hazardous. Melt and Pour is a slab of soap that already underwent the aforementioned saponification process, so you don't need to add any chemicals or get any protective gear. You just heat the brick down in a pot on the stove until it becomes liquid, and stir out the bubbles. You make the soap yours by adding drops of your favorite fragrance/essential oil to the mixture, putting in a colorant you like and pouring the combination into a mould to give it a nice shape like and let it cool and dry. In an hour or so you will have a bar of soap. There are a lot of YouTube videos and online tutorials to walk one through this process.

This sounds lovely! There's truly something mesmerizing about fragrance that relaxes the mind, body, and spirit! Lavender is my personal favourite (I have amassed a collection of Lavender-scented candles that I refuse to burn for the purpose of preserving their aromas. It's ridiculous, I know.) I love to light candles when soaking in a bubble bath, I find that it's the epitome of relaxation and rejuvenation!

My question for you is, what's your favourite fragrance and why? Conversely, what's a scent that you don't care for?

Yes, every scent works on you different, some essential oils are good in skin care and hair products, some are natural insect repellents, some are stimulants that wake you up and help you concentrate, some are the opposite and relaxing and help sleep, some are aphrodisiacs, others are naturally cleansing and disinfecting, there are oils that can help with cramps or headaches or nausea. It's worth having a whole pantry full of oils!

What you have described floating in the bath surrounded by candles and oil is just decadent! Don't forget the bath salts too and rose petals! I also like to play a little music for the proper ambiance. Something peaceful like a Celtic song by Lorena McKennit.

My favorite is probably lavender too! I want to be a rebel and say something different because everybody loves lavender. It's so versatile though, I also have it on because it smells good, and it's not a heavy scent that anyone could object too, it's light like natural spring. You would be cross with me because of how much lavender I use, since you jealously guard those lavender candles. I like to put spritz a little lavender water on my closet of clothes, and I am always adding drops of lavender essential oil to my conditioners because lavender is supposed to soften the hair. Putting a little lavender in the dryer with my linen is another one I can't resist.

I have tried lots of different types of lavender, and have a strong preference for either French lavender or South African lavender because they are really sweet and more floral.

Gardenia might have been my favorite if it was easier to find gardenia essential oil, when they come into bloom that's actually my favorite smell in the world, but I have never found anything in a bottle that smells like a real gardenia. So I'll stick with lavender :p

Smells I don't like? Hmmm, that's a toughie. You go first, and then I will think of something.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'm not super into make-up and stuff, but I do love me some creams and lotions of various kinds :3

Username: skywalker

Welcome to Cerulean Spas! So lovely to have you! ^-^

raw

Beauty-related Interests: skin care, hair care, vitamins, beverages

What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? I nap or take a bath with a nice bath oil 🥰 or have a nice soothing cup of tea and sit down somewhere cozy listening to music that calms me down. A nice face mask is always refreshing too! Or foot cream and foot massage dear god it's underrated.

I love your answers! Baths are my personal favourite as well and I'm an absolute tea-enthusiast. What type of tea is your favourite? I personally enjoy a lavender and chamomile tea with milk and honey.

Also, what type of music do you prefer to listen to in order to relax? Indie? Smooth jazz?

Myself, I have an affinity for classical music and I do enjoy listening to soothing soundtracks from movies/games/anime.

Also, what types of face masks do you enjoy?

Years
  • I ordered a large batch of essential oils this weekend from Puritan Pride. I was out of pretty much everything except jasmine oil and a few drops of geranium oil, went a little wild and binged, buying half of the store. What is expected to arrive on Wednesday is rose oil, lavender of course, rosemary, peppermint, ginger, chamomile, neroli, bergamot and pine.

I was thinking, perhaps this club would be a good platform where users can review new products they bought, find out if the perfume, clothes, makeup, new blow dryer was worth the purchase. Just something that popped into my head.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Rei Hino? Now the beauty secrets really will come out. I always thought she was the most beautiful senshi of all, especially in the manga.

She could look a little like you now that I think about it, especially since her eyes are almost more dark purpley. Definitely the svelte yet intense look with the long straight jet hair and flawless skin is yours.

Oh, thank you my dear! If anyone has perfect skin, it's you! Your skin radiates with a wonderous healthy glow, I'm dying to know your secret.

Well, I have always liked luxurious bath products, and would often browse a Moravian gift shop in my town that sold things like candles, hand-carved picture frames and as well beautifully crafted artisan soaps. I would stock up on their rose-scented and lavender soap. The farmer's market was also a place I sometimes acquired soap from. There I discovered a good coffee bean bar that was great for my skin.

I started making my own soap many, many Christmases ago. My mother, who has the gift of gardening, was growing Loofah, and she had harvested of bunch of exfoliating sponges. For the holidays she arranged baskets with her sponges to send to love ones. That was when I first started experimenting with soap. I figured the sponges need to go with something! So I ordered a soap making kit to make something to add to her gift baskets. My first tries were pretty whacky. I tried to make a lavender bar, and used fresh lavender from the garden instead of drying it, so the plant rotted. Yikes! But I have gradually got better over the years XD

The primary methods I know of to make soap are melt and pour, rebatch, cold-press, and a variation on the cold process known as hot press.

I started with melt and pour, and that's definitely the best way for beginners to see if the soapmaking process is something they might be interested in because it will make your experience in the kitchen easy and safe.

Soap is a science, weighing water against percentages of lyes, melting down solid substances and combining oils to the right temperature and it can be hazardous. Melt and Pour is a slab of soap that already underwent the aforementioned saponification process, so you don't need to add any chemicals or get any protective gear. You just heat the brick down in a pot on the stove until it becomes liquid, and stir out the bubbles. You make the soap yours by adding drops of your favorite fragrance/essential oil to the mixture, putting in a colorant you like and pouring the combination into a mould to give it a nice shape like and let it cool and dry. In an hour or so you will have a bar of soap. There are a lot of YouTube videos and online tutorials to walk one through this process.

Soap-making seems like quite a complicated process! You certainly sound like an expert to me! It seems as though you have everything down to a T. I'm tempted to purchase myself a soap-making kit and give it a go! Although, I can guarantee I'll make a mistake but mistakes are beneficial, as they provide opportunities to learn! One of my mother's friends has a skin-care business and I believe she makes homemade soaps and exfoliating scrubs with ingredients from the Dead sea. So I'm sure I can consult her if I require any further assistance. If I can locate a soap-making kit I will be sure to let you know. (Of course, it isn't an ideal time as my province is currently under a state of emergency and most non-essential businesses have closed down temporarily, but we'll see what I can do!)

Sam, if you have pictures of any of your homemade soaps, I'd love to see them! Share your mastery with us all! Soap making can be considered an art form, after all! ^-^

Yes, every scent works on you different, some essential oils are good in skin care and hair products, some are natural insect repellents, some are stimulants that wake you up and help you concentrate, some are the opposite and relaxing and help sleep, some are aphrodisiacs, others are naturally cleansing and disinfecting, there are oils that can help with cramps or headaches or nausea. It's worth having a whole pantry full of oils!

What you have described floating in the bath surrounded by candles and oil is just decadent! Don't forget the bath salts too and rose petals! I also like to play a little music for the proper ambiance. Something peaceful like a Celtic song by Lorena McKennit.

My favorite is probably lavender too! I want to be a rebel and say something different because everybody loves lavender. It's so versatile though, I also have it on because it smells good, and it's not a heavy scent that anyone could object too, it's light like natural spring. You would be cross with me because of how much lavender I use, since you jealously guard those lavender candles. I like to put spritz a little lavender water on my closet of clothes, and I am always adding drops of lavender essential oil to my conditioners because lavender is supposed to soften the hair. Putting a little lavender in the dryer with my linen is another one I can't resist.

I have tried lots of different types of lavender, and have a strong preference for either French lavender or South African lavender because they are really sweet and more floral.

Gardenia might have been my favorite if it was easier to find gardenia essential oil, when they come into bloom that's actually my favorite smell in the world, but I have never found anything in a bottle that smells like a real gardenia. So I'll stick with lavender :p

Smells I don't like? Hmmm, that's a toughie. You go first, and then I will think of something.

I am a fragrance enthusiast! I truly do adore perfume and I fancy a plethora of different kinds.

First and foremost, I tend to enjoy soft, more natural, yet relaxing scents, often ones used in aromatherapy. It may sound absurd, but I truly believe in the healing power of fragrance! Lavender is my favourite! Though it can be quite a powerful aroma, it's fills one with a sense of serenity and truly eases the mind, spirit, and body. I also enjoy other scents with ingredients such as driftwood, jasmine, coconut, tea tree, sandalwood, cotton blossom, chamomile etc. I also enjoy very fresh-smelling fragrances, ones that remind me of the sweet ocean breeze, or of a picturesque autumn eve, scents that'll transport me to a isle of pure tranquility.

Secondly, I tend to favor floral scents. I tend to have a slight aversion to overly pungent floral scents such as rose, although I love the vast majority of other floral fragrances. I especially enjoy the smell of lilacs, as they remind me of my grandmother who has a lilac tree in her backyard. I also enjoy the aroma of peonies, lilies, cherry blossoms, mandarin blossoms, hydrangeas, and countless more! Whenever I get a hint of anything floral, it fills my heart with sunshine and I whisked away to a whimsical flower garden.

tumblr_npufrbx1LM1si4e7ko1_500.gif

I also love saccharine aromas! Give me anything sweet, be it vanilla chai which has a hint of spice, or a mouth-watering caramel cheesecake, anything that smells sweet and light, I adore! Who doesn't want to smell like a freshly baked batch of sugar cookies? Or like a steamy cup of warm cocoa? Or like a decadent blueberry crumble? I want to smell good enough to eat! Who doesn't? I love to bake and I adore the smell of baking so it's no wonder why I love such saccharine fragrances!

Lastly, I do love perfume scents. Ones that smell rich and luxurious, that when I get a whiff of them, I feel elegant and beautiful. These sort of scents are perfect on a night out of the town with your girlfriends, they're perfect for formal events or when you desire a bit of spice to your life. Gorgeously feminine, whether it's Patchouli or luscious Bergamot, the possibilities are endless! My favourite fragrance that captures this essence is Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf.

Lastly, I love anything that smells remotely like Christmas! This is so surprise, as it's my favourite time of the year! The smell of freshly baked gingerbread, peppermint, the aroma of an evergreen, or of a fresh snowy morning, I love it all! These fragrances fill my heart with light and joy! (I also love autumnal scents as well. Anything pumpkin-scented I'm sure to love!)

In terms of fragrances I dislike, I'm not fond of anything black-cherry scented. I find it's reminiscent of alcohol, which is not something that I want to smell on a daily basis. I also am not fond of apple-cinnamon, as the combination is one I consider to be quite foul.

I ordered a large batch of essential oils this weekend from Puritan Pride. I was out of pretty much everything except jasmine oil and a few drops of geranium oil, went a little wild and binged, buying half of the store. What is expected to arrive on Wednesday is rose oil, lavender of course, rosemary, peppermint, ginger, chamomile, neroli, bergamot and pine.

I was thinking, perhaps this club would be a good platform where users can review new products they bought, find out if the perfume, clothes, makeup, new blow dryer was worth the purchase. Just something that popped into my head.

Yes, please give a full review if you'd like! This is the perfect setting for product reviews! The good, the bad, tell us all of it, hun! I might have to do a product review myself, although I haven't tried anything new for quite some time in terms of skincare and makeup.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, thank you my dear! If anyone has perfect skin, it's you! Your skin radiates with a wonderous healthy glow, I'm dying to know your secret.

Awww, shucks. I don't do a whole lot to my skin. Maybe keeping things natural helps, less chemicals to irritate or cause break outs? I might not wear foundation all year, and if I do on some special occasion then just a little light powder. I wear mostly lip balm, I never ever touch mascara-- I believe I am allergic to it.

I also like food that is natural, lots of fresh produce, baskets of all kinds of fruits, vegetables and nuts, and I probably get a lot of vitamins from it. If we are healthy in general that is definitely going to help. I have noticed that eating peaches and avocados do my complexion good. I also don't drink soda or eat lots of processed foods, so less additives in me. I'll still indulge in fun things, but I prefer the taste of home-cooking to something that came out of a factory, I'd rather bake some fresh gingerbread than eat gummy worms.

I've also learned to love drinking water over the last few years. It was an acquired taste, but you never go wrong with h20, whether it's hair, skin, teeth and onward. It always helps.

One of the benefits of homemade soap is that it's extra moisturizing, containing higher amounts of glycerine. A lot of store brand soaps have the glycerine stripped out of it to so the shelf life will be longer, but it's actually great stuff for the skin.

Products with aloe and vitamin e, be it a soap or lotion are wonderful. Since ancient times aloe has been used to heal wounds. My mom grows aloe in her garden, and it's pretty easy to come by in stores, and a hard to kill even if you forget to ester it for days. It's a sturdy plant that grows big and fast, and my mom says it's calming and helps you sleep. You not only have a nice bit of green to spruce up a room, but break a little leaf of it off and it contains a clear juice that you can apply directly to your body for shiny and clear skin, or mix it into something like your hair conditioner for hair.

In the summer when roses are growing in the garden I take fresh petals, let them simmer in warm water on the stove and turn this wondrous pink and gold liquid into homemade rose water. Washing your face with rose water is so cooling and relaxing during a sultry southern summer. It gives the face a rosy warm glow, it's a natural toner full of anti-oxidants and boiling those flowers makes the house smell great. I love the stuff on my hair too. It's astringent, gets rid of dandrduff, heals the scalp, brings the pH level up and gives me nice soft hair.

Last and most importantly, I smile a lot. I truly believe a smile makes a person physically seem bright and warm. Audrey Hepburn's words of wisdom.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Soap-making seems like quite a complicated process! You certainly sound like an expert to me! It seems as though you have everything down to a T. I'm tempted to purchase myself a soap-making kit and give it a go! Although, I can guarantee I'll make a mistake but mistakes are beneficial, as they provide opportunities to learn! One of my mother's friends has a skin-care business and I believe she makes homemade soaps and exfoliating scrubs with ingredients from the Dead sea. So I'm sure I can consult her if I require any further assistance. If I can locate a soap-making kit I will be sure to let you know. (Of course, it isn't an ideal time as my province is currently under a state of emergency and most non-essential businesses have closed down temporarily, but we'll see what I can do!)

Sam, if you have pictures of any of your homemade soaps, I'd love to see them! Share your mastery with us all! Soap making can be considered an art form, after all! ^-^

I think you ought to give soapmaking a try friend. Soapmaking can be soothing, an excuse to have essential oils wafting through the air. It's repetitive once you get the hang of it, and that can be calming too. The good thing about a melt and pour soap making kit is that it's totally safe to make mistakes. It's something you can literally make with a microwave if you want. You have got that totally right, mistakes can be beneficial, we learn from them, and sometimes genius discoveries even happen due to mistakes! Because you're super smart I wouldn't be surprised if your first batch of soap turns out better than you expected though.

being able to make our soap is also useful during the pandemic. We don't have to go to the drug store for it we can make it at home.

Ingredients from the sea? Oh, gives me goosebumps to think about how relaxing and luxurious that must be! I bought a mixture of dead sea salts and epsom salts from a store called Bulk apothecary a few years back, and it was just wonderful to soak in a bath full of it. Your mother's friend really sounds like she knows what she's doing, and I wish her the best of luck in her business.

I'll make sure I take pictures next time I make soap, which will be soon. The roses are starting to come into bloom, which means rose water time! I expect to make a rose water bar in the next few weeks. I also have a recipe for black soap I am going to try for the first time. It's a beauty product that has its origins in Nigeria and Ghana, a raw soap with plantain skins, cocoa, some use Shea butter. If it turns out okay I'll share the photos!!!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

This week's topic is all about essentials!

What are some essential beauty products that you travel with or always have on hand?

I always have some form of mint in my purse, so that I never have to worry about foul breath. I also carry small bottles of perfume with me just in case. Lastly, lip balm is an absolute must. I love my lips to feel buttery and smooth and therefore I cannot leave my house without some sort of lip product.

1514713481_ariana-grande-makeup.gif

I'm also quite high maintenance and if I'm wearing makeup I carry around a makeup bag in my purse. My makeup bag contains whatever products I have on my face, such as foundation, blush, loose powder, etc. I like to always have these products with me in case I require a touch up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd never leave the house with naked lips.

I keep makeup light, but always like to have at least a splash of color on my lip. No liners, no collagen, a more natural look of lips tinted from a gloss or colored balm to create that warm ruddy glow.

Like Lina I want to keep my lips from being dry, so I choose wet or buttery products that soothe and heal the skin. I will wear lipstick if it's a color that really shows up nicely, but prefer the balms, junkies, sheens and glosses.

If I'm just going out everyday I'll slip the tube into my pocket or purse and a compact a mirror to check just in case I want a touch up.

Hand sanitizer is also essential, though not actually a beauty product, being healthy is a good look. So I keep bottles of it in my bag, and extras in case someone else is without. Mine have aloe vera, and other things that make them more gentle on the skin than other sanitizers.

If I am going on a trip and I will be away from home for days or more then I carry a little black handheld cosmetic case with a gold lock and key I got from Victoria Secret. It's filled with most of my lip colorants, blush, eyeshadow, foundation, bobby pins, makeup pencil, some hair accessories, toothbrush, tweezers, shower caps, essential oils, cotton balls, my comb-- I have a sandalwood hair comb that my scalp loves. Most importantly I pack my own soap if I travel. I have grown accustomed to using what I make myself on my face and body over the years. Why change suddenly in a faraway place?

It's essentially function like Hermione's bag from Harry Potter with the undetectable extension charm so that anything can be crammed in should the occasion call! It's a big world out there, you never know what you might miss. Call me Mary Poppins.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd never leave the house with naked lips.

I keep makeup light, but always like to have at least a splash of color on my lip. No liners, no collagen, a more natural look of lips tinted from a gloss or colored balm to create that warm ruddy glow.

Like Lina I want to keep my lips from being dry, so I choose wet or buttery products that soothe and heal the skin. I will wear lipstick if it's a color that really shows up nicely, but prefer the balms, junkies, sheens and glosses.

If I'm just going out everyday I'll slip the tube into my pocket or purse and a compact a mirror to check just in case I want a touch up.

Hand sanitizer is also essential, though not actually a beauty product, being healthy is a good look. So I keep bottles of it in my bag, and extras in case someone else is without. Mine have aloe vera, and other things that make them more gentle on the skin than other sanitizers.

If I am going on a trip and I will be away from home for days or more then I carry a little black handheld cosmetic case with a gold lock and key I got from Victoria Secret. It's filled with most of my lip colorants, blush, eyeshadow, foundation, bobby pins, makeup pencil, some hair accessories, toothbrush, tweezers, shower caps, essential oils, cotton balls, my comb-- I have a sandalwood hair comb that my scalp loves. Most importantly I pack my own soap if I travel. I have grown accustomed to using what I make myself on my face and body over the years. Why change suddenly in a faraway place?

It's essentially function like Hermione's bag from Harry Potter with the undetectable extension charm so that anything can be crammed in should the occasion call! It's a big world out there, you never know what you might miss. Call me Mary Poppins.

A true natural beauty! I love what you said about the hand sanitizer, I've always had small hand sanitizers in my purse for as long as I can recall. As a child, my mom would always place one in my backpack or even my lunchbox, as she's a notorious germaphobe. It has now become routine for me (although I never used them much until now.)

Lately, I've been bringing far less beauty products with me as I do not wear makeup as often (I have to wear a mask to work so it doesn't make much sense for me to do a full beat.) and I've started bringing a hairbrush with me to tame my sometimes overly voluminous tresses!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

This week is about Beauty Icons!

From the stunning Audrey Hepburn to the Kardashian-Jenners, it's safe to say that there are an endless amount of successful individuals who have taken the beauty industry by storm and have forever changed the face of it.

tumblr_p05cbcFbQJ1so9zmjo1_400.gif

Who are some of your favourite fashionistas, models, or beauty influencers? How have they impacted you and how do you draw inspiration from them? Who else has shaped your perception of beauty (family member, friend, teacher. etc)

tumblr_onn35pwtM91va67j4o8_400.gif

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is an interesting question. I watch a lot of old of movies, and for a time I dressed in a way that harkened back to the women of the past, because I saw a refinement there that isn't as common today. For awhile I went through a stage of wearing a lot of black, very simple fashions, liked flapper style hats and put on classic jewelry, very red lipstick.

To me what's attractive is when a woman seems look like they are cultured and worldly.

Who caught my attention in particular was Chinese-American actress Anna May-Wong. She was gorgeous, but also looked like someone of depth, she was intelligent, articulate and a woman of style. Her beauty was cool and radiated mystery. She exuded a confidence, and wore cloche hats, tuxedos, exquisitely embroidered velvets, stark blacks and whites, veils. Wong was most importantly a brilliant actress who lit up the silver screen with her subtle and emotive face. I cherish the rare film recordings of her that I can find. She is so underrated.

Over the years my style has gone through changes. I don't wear my hair the same way I did 10 years ago, and the same is so for my wardrobe as a whole. I still love Anna, and there are some retro elements that exist still in my fashion. I cannot resist a 1930s style hat for example, and have shelves full of them with hat pins, faux feathers, elaborate beading etc. But I have also become more spontaneous and opened myself to a greater variety of colors and styles than I once did, and don't consciously try to follow the example set by another whether it is was Anna May Wong, Jackie Kennedy or Dita Von Teese- all women whom I think are beautiful, timelessly elegant and polished, and used as gospel when I began buying my own clothes. My closet has simply expanded and crosses many cultures, and it is difficult to tie myself down to a specific influence. My style is fluid and changes with time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, okay, I'll join. I happen to be better with SFX makeup, but beauty makeup is a skill of mine and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. My makeup skills range from the natural "no makeup" glow to straight up full on drag.

Username: Fairy
    Beauty-related Interests: (Makeup, Skincare, Spa treatments, etc) Makeup application and creating color stories. I can draw a winged liner that'll cut a hole in the O-Zone. I'm also quite good with nail painting, if that counts! But really, I just like having fun. :)
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? Truthfully? Taking off the cake I layered on, lol.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    This is an interesting question. I watch a lot of old of movies, and for a time I dressed in a way that harkened back to the women of the past, because I saw a refinement there that isn't as common today. For awhile I went through a stage of wearing a lot of black, very simple fashions, liked flapper style hats and put on classic jewelry, very red lipstick.

To me what's attractive is when a woman seems look like they are cultured and worldly.

Who caught my attention in particular was Chinese-American actress Anna May-Wong. She was gorgeous, but also looked like someone of depth, she was intelligent, articulate and a woman of style. Her beauty was cool and radiated mystery. She exuded a confidence, and wore cloche hats, tuxedos, exquisitely embroidered velvets, stark blacks and whites, veils. Wong was most importantly a brilliant actress who lit up the silver screen with her subtle and emotive face. I cherish the rare film recordings of her that I can find. She is so underrated.

Over the years my style has gone through changes. I don't wear my hair the same way I did 10 years ago, and the same is so for my wardrobe as a whole. I still love Anna, and there are some retro elements that exist still in my fashion. I cannot resist a 1930s style hat for example, and have shelves full of them with hat pins, faux feathers, elaborate beading etc. But I have also become more spontaneous and opened myself to a greater variety of colors and styles than I once did, and don't consciously try to follow the example set by another whether it is was Anna May Wong, Jackie Kennedy or Dita Von Teese or what was worn- all women I think are beautiful, and always timelessly elegant and polished, used as gospel when I began buying my own clothes. My closet has simply expanded and crosses many cultures, and it is difficult to tie myself down to a specific influence. My style is fluid and changes with time.

Anna May-Wong is a true classic beauty! Her look is so distinct and alluring! I agree, she is criminally underrated! She is not only stunning but talented as well.

I also love vintage fashion! I've always loved 50s and 60s fashion and makeup. Fashion was so refined and elegant, both for men and women. I also like what you said about style because it certainly is fluid and it grows and changes with you as you age.

I have a plethora of beauty icons that continue to inspire me everyday!

Spoiler:

Audrey with her beauty and grace is the epitome of female refinement. She is absolutely stunning and has so many classic looks that I cannot help but marvel at. I've tried to channel her on many occasions.

Spoiler:

Cher is another beauty icon that I've always held in high regard. I especially lover her look in the 70s. Her straight long jet black hair mirrors my own and she was truly the inspiration that had me dye my hair such a dark shade. She is effortlessly beautiful and she has this hippie essence to her that I adore. Even in 2020, she looks absolutely fabulous still and has given us so many iconic looks over the years!

Spoiler:

Naomi Campbell is another one of my favourites! She has this air of confidence to her that I admire. She held her head up high and took over the modelling world seemingly overnight. I just love her catwalk and the way that she can alter the atmosphere in a room with a simple glance. She is truly an icon! I strive to have the same self-assurance that she does!

Spoiler:

We have Elsa Hosk! She's a Swedish model that I find absolutely alluring. Her style is incredibly soft, feminine, and glamorous and I love it so much!

Spoiler:

Lastly, my biggest fashion favourite on this list is Lydia Rose or Fashionlux on Instagram! I love her style and I'm addicted to her style videos! I've gotten so much inspiration from her and I've even purchased pieces of clothing that she's posted! I highly recommend that everyone checks her out because she has incredible style and provides helpful tips and tricks!

Okay, okay, I'll join. I happen to be better with SFX makeup, but beauty makeup is a skill of mine and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. My makeup skills range from the natural "no makeup" glow to straight up full on drag.

Username: Fairy
    Beauty-related Interests: (Makeup, Skincare, Spa treatments, etc) Makeup application and creating color stories. I can draw a winged liner that'll cut a hole in the O-Zone. I'm also quite good with nail painting, if that counts! But really, I just like having fun. :)
    What is one way in which you relax after a stressful day? Truthfully? Taking off the cake I layered on, lol.

Welcome! ^__^ So glad to have our lovely fairy friend here with us!

tumblr_inline_ngrqr5fcni1sbuk85.gif

I loved wing liner, it used to be a staple of mine back in high school! I unfortunately am not so good at applying it currently (I lost my technique, so to say and now shy away from it.) Do you have any tips on how to get the perfect wing?

Also, I can relate! I wear a lot of makeup and it's so refreshing to take it off! Though it can be a lot of work. What are your go-to makeup removal products and post-cake skin treatment remedies?

Last edited:
    Years
  • My mother was deadheading the rose bushes in her garden yesterday. She was very thoughtful to save me some of the falling petals, knowing that I can recycle them and make homemade rose water. Our home gardening is all natural with no pesticides or chemicals, so these roses make perfect skin care ingredients. I was in luck, she had a lot to share with me from her Frankly Scarlet rose bushes-- these flowers give off one of the richest fragrances in the garden. The house always smells good when these petals simmer in water in the stove.
    IMG-20200702-135123178.jpg

After extracting as much from the roses as I can I add drops of rose absolute essential oil infused with sweet almond. The rose will make the smell even sweeter, and a little more of the anti-inflammatory properties of rose never hurt. The sweet almond oil is also very healing to the skin, full of vitamins and a natural emollient, a gentle oil that brightens the complexion and removes scars and acne.

I used to also put in a few drops of vitamin e in the fresh rosewater to extend the shelf life, but the sweet almond oil naturally is rich in vitamin e, and does the job even better. The water stays fresh for weeks and sometimes more than a month in the fridge, and has been as fine of a beauty potion as ever to get a peaches and cream complexion.

My hair was really dry the other day, and beginning to tangle, so I dry shampooed it and spritzed it with a fine mist of rosewater and my hair came back to life in minutes, it was baby soft, and fluffy. It was completely detangled with just a little spray and running my fingers through the waves. My scalp was clean, and dandruff-free. There is very little to no shedding or fallout. My hair has way more volume, and I can see that it's getting longer and growing strong. It never ceases to impress me how hydrating this stuff is.

I also recently made a mango butter and rosewater soap.
    Spoiler:

That's not the only soap I made. There was one with honey, shea butter and neroli oil too.
    Spoiler:

Here's a lavender with jojoba oil.
    Spoiler:

The rosewater is also a great body spray to freshen up when you come home and are a hot mess from the broiling hot sun. It's so cooling and moisturizing. It makes me brand new again.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Ah, yes! I saw an informational video on how to make rosewater the other day actually. I've actually never used rosewater before, although I've heard how healing and nourishing it can be! I have consumed rose tea and that was always my grandmother's beverage of choice, it always made me feel a sense of tranquility whenever I drank it.

Almond oil is something that I plan on investing in. I've heard so many individuals claim how beneficial it is for one's skin and I've tried to purchase skincare products with almond oil as an ingredient! Also, your soaps look lovely! The detail is immaculate, you've truly done a splendid job!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024

This week's topic is all about products that have NOT worked for you.

They can be makeup products, articles of clothing, hair products, skincare remedies/treatments, products, perfumes, etc.

giphy.gif

Have you ever said an allergic reaction to any beauty products? Are there certain ingredients that you shy away from? Are there certain brands that you stay away from? Give me all the details!

Years
  • Something that I cannot wear is mascara, any brand. It have super thin, small eyelashes so mascara could help my eyes to stand out more, but my eyes cannot tolerate it. Even good brands irritate my skin, I just seem to have some kind of allergy to it, and what delicate little lashes I have fall out by the end of the night. So I quit mascara for good years ago. In general I have to be cautious not to overdo eye makeup. I can wear eyeshadow moderately, but too much of anything around my eyes too often will lead to having myself a breakout.

I'm also funny about what my sweaters are made of. I avoid synthetic fibers altogether, acrylic I find especially thick and rough like a rope against my skin, nylon feels too clingy. While I prefer to go natural, fibers from animals are also not my favorite either. Fabrics like angora feel super itchy. I don't even like cashmere, it gets very hot. Then winter wear with any fur is absolutely out of the question for ethical reasons. What I like is cotton. For me that's the most comfortable.

In addition to answering the most recent topic question I would like to also make a tribute to a legendary artist. This one's for you Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

She is somebody that I have more recently come to admire. Though she is celebrated around the world as one of the greatest actresses in history and most famous beauties, I was actually not immediately impressed by her, believe it or not. Her acting and overall sense of style I saw as flashy and over-the-top. Yet after a closer look at her work, especially as she matured over the years and gave performances in classic films such as Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, I recognized her raw talent and devotion to her craft. She was not just a porcelain doll, but a strong actress and complex human being.

She was not a person with as an easy life like one might think. She suffered abuse at the hands of her father as a child star, lost her beloved husband Mike Todd in a plane crash after being married for only 13 months, and she struggled with substance abuse and emotional anxiety, but she didn't let these things destroy her, and had magnificent soul. When I got beyond all the jewels she was known for wearing I found a naturally pretty girl who didn't need a single adornment, but was delightful just as God made her, and who was brave, kind, free-spirited and truly as beautiful on the inside as her photos.

When her co-star Montgomery Clift was in a car crash and dying by choking on his own teeth she saved his life by pulling his teeth out of his mouth. She sold a million dollar diamond given to her by her husband and love of her life Richard Burton, so she could use the money to build a hospital in Botswana. When her friend Rock Hudson died of aids she started foundations to research the aids crisis, raising millions to save people during the height of the epidemic. These are just a few of the stories that me realize that I respect her. She was a special lady.

Last edited:
    Back